1985 Ferrari 308 GTB QV Euro #56545 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1985 Ferrari 308 GTB QV Euro #56545

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by shmark, May 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    Gorgeous iconic design and extremely rare as 1 of 249 Euro 308 GTB QV models produced, good luck.

2. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just put it on the bay, item #222124959653.

3. purexotic

purexotic Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 18, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Andrew J.
    #28 purexotic, May 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'd love this car to go to an fchatter. The auction ends this Saturday!

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Most "euro" 308s in Europe do NOT have the deep front spoiler, but the shallow one.
    The deep front spoiler ("Sottoscocca anteriore maggiorato", to use its real name) was a - paying - option here. Some liked it, some did not.

Rgds

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    FWIW I much prefer the shallower front spoiler. Visually the car is much more balanced, and practically it makes the car a lot easier to drive in the real world.

7. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Open to offers, this would be a fantastic car for the summer!

8. LolaLC88

LolaLC88 Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    Bryn Mawr PA; Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Gary
  9. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ok in the interests of moving on, reducing the price to $89k. If it doesn't sell at that price I'll just keep driving it!

10. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Seems fair

11. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Always loved this car in Euro form. Respectfully, you're nuts to sell her. :)

12. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You're probably right. Problem is, we are getting ready to head into a different phase in life. We downsized a year ago to a 1400sqft home with a tiny garage and no place for the 308, which is why it's at FoA. And now we're prepping to do it again - to no house. Going nomad for however long we decide to, with no idea where we might end up. That means either the 308 finds a new and enthusiastic owner (preferred), or it goes into long term storage. I've done the storage thing and really didn't like the outcome. We are also really enjoying getting rid of "stuff" in our lives and not worrying about anything, for a while at least.

FWIW I'd welcome discussion of pricing and market in this thread. I feel like it's under-priced, but I'm not getting a great deal of interest out there. So far it's been posted here and ebay, and a couple other forums, and I'd love to know of any other outlets that might work well. I'm also willing to pay a reasonable fee if someone out there finds a buyer.

13. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    And apparently this thread is an indicator, which astounds me. Come on, is no one interested in one of the most rare (rarest? verily rarily?) 308s in the world? One you can jump in and drive a thousand miles right now? Oh wait, miles, that was a bad thing to say. :D

Maybe I should take this thread down and post a new one asking $150k.

14. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    I'm guessing you've considered an auction, like Mecum's or Barrett-Jackson?

15. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD

I am very interested, just trying to get my ducks in a row before approaching you.....I suspect there are many more like me.

If I do get it I plan to drive it back to IL. :D

16. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    This will def sell, it's just going to take some time. There just aren't that many of these out there and the folks who know how rare a QV 'B' is will come out of the woodwork-they're probably looking at this thread every few hours. The pricing is very fair especially in view of the miles. I looked at one of these maybe 7 yrs ago that was a bargain but had a ton of miles (over 100k). I should have grabbed it and just planned on a rebuild in the future. I be lining up to take a stab at this now if I wasn't looking at a 308 GT4 in my driveway-that one I really got a bargain on

17. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    I am one of them using this one and several other Euro QV's recently for sale as indicators for what my car might be worth. I was tempted to sell in Jan and decided to hang on to it. Even though I fell like I missed the top of the bubble I'm very happy to keep the car. Personally I think a lot of the market rise had to do with the strong Euro and once that dropped the frenzy seemed to follow.

Because my Euro QV is such an amazing driving car and to have one registered in CA is rare I'll probably keep it and sell the GT4 at some point.

18. jwash

jwash Rookie

Sep 12, 2010
    Jimgolf1, knowing how you were able to register your euro 'B' in California might open a larger potential buyer base for the others out there. How did you do it??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

19. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Actually yes. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll look into the auction circuit. I haven't done the legwork yet, but Monterey is a possibility.

Sending you a pm, let me know.

+1 I have had some approaches from CA, but registering my car there isn't something I can answer. If there's a way, I'd love to hear about it.

20. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark

Should Mark pursue an auction company, I don't think either of these is the venue for this car.

21. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    #46 jimgolf1, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    First I would like to say that the Euro QV GTB has to be the best driving 308 for sure. The most refined, best engine set up and a coupe. Someone will be lucky to get the chance to be the next caretaker.

I'm not sure you can register an Euro car in CA very easily these days if it has never been registered in CA previously. Might be possible if you have all the DOT Federalization paperwork and you have DMV connections.

Mine was imported into FL in 1985 from France when new, lightly federalized, the speedo was rolled up over 7,500 miles (actually KM's, only the faceplate was changed) and then registered in CA a month later. In CA you couldn't title a car from another state with under 7,500 miles or of a certain age. I do have a copy of the DOT paperwork in the records that came with the car if ever needed and since it has been continuously registered in CA since then it has never had to be checked again. I also have it registered in a rural county so I won't have to smog it again until/if I ever sell it in CA. It has always passed smog in CA too. A little leaning of the FI and an aftermarket CAT custom welded in before the exhaust does the trick.

22. jwash

jwash Rookie

Sep 12, 2010
    Great feedback. Thanks so much.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

23. dlee888

dlee888 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 19, 2015
    This car would already be in my garage if I could register it here legally in CA... absolutely beautiful specimen. GLWS!

24. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    If it's any consolation, I have the exact same car. They are extremely rare. I looked for 3 years for a QV GTB. Mine is also a Euro (French Spec). I turned down a serious offer from a collector a year ago for $100k. That's a great price. If you give it time, the right person will come along. They are really awesome / gorgeous cars.

25. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Two months later and I can report SOLD! Final price was $77,000, so there's a real world comp for you. I probably could have waited longer and eventually gotten a better price, but my wife and I were ready to move on to the next thing. Not the knockout I wanted, but I'm happy and it means I can go shopping again. :D