The British Columbia Thread! | Page 454 | FerrariChat

The British Columbia Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by steve2814, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    It made his day. He likes all types of cars but Lamborghini is his favorite brand, probably because it is mine too. I love the first gen Murcielago and really noticed the shape of your car, more than others I have seen. Maybe it is the colour that really shows the design well. Thanks again for bringing your car out and supporting the show.

2. 360CS1

360CS1 Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #11327 360CS1, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
  4. Ferrari Nube

Ferrari Nube Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
  5. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    In some people's mind, every rich Asian is economic criminal.

6. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Problem the Chinese government is behind their banks. They want to stop capital flight out of China. So even the legit money people will get punished in some way or another.

7. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Let's not forget that the Chinese government also has many holdings, interests and investments in foreign institutions.....and that goes all the way to the top level officials.

8. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    white 458 Speciale yesterday, white 488 GTB a few days ago in Kits, and white Cali T tonight in rain

9. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Yes. Its also like the mafia. If the higher ups feel the lower level are not kicking up enough. They either just take their money or execute them for bribery. Its very corrupt. As is most of Asia. If they start winning, they'll go after more and more people.

10. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Kind of scary. My SIL was born and raised in China. She has a drivers license issued in China. She is 43 and has had the license since her 20's. She has never driven a car! Scary thing is they let foreign exchange students drive on their Chinese licenses here.

Rare spot yesterday although it was at Lynden WA Safeway. Did have BC collector plates. I say rare because I've only seen replicas around and not the real deal.

356 exactly like this one: 1964 Porsche Carrera 2 Cabriolet_4201

11. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Red Testarossa downtown vancouver today, beautiful.

12. nismodrifter

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    ^nice.

red 458 speciale on highway 10 today in Surrey, then a black 458 spider cruising at white rock

13. nismodrifter

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    ^nice.

red 458 speciale on highway 10 today in Surrey, then a black 458 spider cruising at white rock

14. nismodrifter

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    I am on the hunt for secure (super secure) vehicle storage in the greater Vancouver area.

Suggestions via PM would be most appreciated.

15. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Quick question for BC residents. I'm flying in on Wednesday to retrieve and inspect my car that just got off the ship from Japan. I'd like to drive it a bit before putting it on the train to Ontario; how can I do this from a registration standpoint?

Here we have trip permits, essentially a paper plate valid for ten days. I looked to ICBC's website, this sort of thing only exists for trucks or buses. It seems i can buy short-term reg and insurance as well but it seem to require me actually having a BC address and getting the car inspected to BC standards beforehand. Any ideas?

16. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Check with your Ontario insurance provider. My guess is that your "trip permit" from Ontario may suffice to be able to take the car for a spin. In BC, we have something similar to the "trip permit" although I am not sure what it is called...perhaps temporary permit??? Anyway, in BC, the temporary permit can be up to 30 days as there is really not a significant price difference between the 10 day vs 30 day versions. HOWEVER, last time I brought a car into Canada from the US (2012), the rules of usage for this permit was modified to allow travel from the point of entry to the shop for vehicle compliance inspection, not for general driving. Notwithstanding, most people do "bend" the rules a bit so, it is really up to you. My insurance agent just told me to tell anyone who cared to ask that I am on the way to the inspection facility. After receiving the inspection report, it can be sent to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV), and together, the paper work will allow you to register and buy insurance.

Let me know what the process is in Ontario, but I would confirm with an agent who is very familiar with importing vehicles....

Cheers
    FN

17. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
  18. jjk2

jjk2 Rookie

Oct 22, 2007
  19. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Indeed very beautiful, but this is not the same Enzo that is for sale at Ferrari of Vancouver.

20. tantumaude

Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Thanks, I think I have it figured out. Getting BC insurance and reg on a 'temp operating permit'--will be driving to an appraiser so it should cover any other driving I do. Covered by my Ontario insurance once the appraisal is done and emailed in.

I'll be picking it up at Annacis Island tomorrow, so excited!

21. Ferrari Nube

Sep 14, 2014
    British Columbia
    Congrats!

What kind of car did you purchase from Japan and did you buy it through a website/ auction ? I understand there can be some solid opportunities for good cars from Japan....

Cheers
    FN

22. tantumaude

Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Thanks!
    Got a 1995 456. I bought it from a dealer via a broker, although I looked at several at auction. PM me your email if you'd like, I can tell you more if you're interested.

Sadly, my alternator failed after 80 minutes. So it's stuck on Annacis Island while I'm back in Ontario trying to figure out how to get it home...

23. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    spotted a black 360 CS early morning today in West Van. love those cars.

24. Dirty-Cheech

Dirty-Cheech Rookie

Apr 11, 2016
    Hell, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Itchy Scratchy
    I use to live in Richmond ,B.C. Good place to drive your F-car all year round. When it's not raining, of course ;)