Superformance MKIII Cobra SPF1720 | FerrariChat

Superformance MKIII Cobra SPF1720

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by bkthomps, May 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    #1 bkthomps, May 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm working together a sales ad for my cobra, I never have time to drive it and I have too many cars- fresh Nitto 555 tires came with the custom spec'd wheels so this car needs nothing but gas, oil, and a driver who respects torque with no electronic nannies

It's a Ford Racing 460 crate motor with Jim Inglese hand-built downdraft weber 48's, I also have a brand new still in box set of Kaase P51 heads, roller cam, roller lifters, etc. I never went that far with the car- it has more power than the drivetrain can handle as is. (these items are NOT included in the sale, but can be sold separately), also have the regular 15" wheels if you wanted to run billboard tires, i plan to sell those separately

titled as a 1965 AC Cobra in MT, can do LLC transfer if desired

I'm the third owner, bought from a fella in Kentucky going through a divorce in 2012- I'll let the pics do the talking, 4400miles, offered at $69,200

Car is located in Destin, FL- come pickup your new toy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Is it weird that looking at this post I got great tingley feelings of driving 1048 around?

Glws

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #3 msdesignltd, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    That Engine must sound Incred..
    If you pull up to a wall on one side you can count the 4 cylinders firing..if you pull up with a wall on both sides...its Orgasmic for sure..

Funny how no one but Kirkham and Carroll ever got the fender haunches and flairs just right.
    resin must not be able to hold the original shape..
    Thats the give away..

Beautiful car...GLWS !

4. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I had a Superformance Cobra, I sold it on CobraCountry.com

5. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Kirkham builds the aluminum bodies for Shelby Automotive. Noticed the chrome grommets in the doors of the car listed, so hopefully it has the sliding plexiglass widow assemblies & a soft top for bad weather. I owned CSX 2050 for 7 years, and nearly 30,000 miles of driving. My Shelby Cobra had the 2 mentioned items of weather protection, also, a tonneau cover, AND a factory hard top. Good luck with the sale, a beautiful machine!

6. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Four wheel motorcycle. The engine is pure art. Guy in my building just bought a Contemporary car, not nearly as nice as this for about $50K at auction (including buyer's premium), though it has a Ford 427. This car is clearly worth it. GLWS.

7. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    he's rather picky about pictures and has sent me back to the outdoor studio 3 times and is still not satisfied with the shots, in the meantime, i leave it listed here- i don't have time to pull the car out and setup lighting and do all the things required to list on that site

8. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Wow! This looks great in silver. GLWS!

9. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I just got one of these...and interestingly enough, it gets chosen vs the 550, Pantera and the Astons more often than not. It even displaces the Harleys. Probably becuase it is new to me. This would be a great addition to a diverse collection of cars that was intended to be driven. Interestingly enough, mine was Titanium, much like this car, but changed it to Azzuro California. GLWS!

10. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    quite incredible! May have someone I know interested.. Will ask and then send you a pm.

11. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    sweet :) GLWS

12. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I always thought the cars looked incomplete without the stripes. This looks so right.

13. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I also have Superformance Mark III. Great car. If you are interested and live in Floruda, you may want to contact Gulf Coast Motorworks in Bonita Springs for an opinion. They are the Shelby/Superformance dealer in SW FLA.

14. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
  15. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Damn nice, it is the only car i can think of where you have to ask "is it real?" That's a complement to the modern manufacturers. Real Cobras are rare, and often so valuable now that they don't get driven.

Except for the rare case, like Dr. Ron Finger. And his, with racing history is so very valuable that I chuckled when I saw it headed for 95 on the trip back to Savannah after being shown at the Hilton Head Island Concours.

If I was a real man I'd have yours lol. i know it's scary, scary fast!

16. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    In a way, I am glad the car is unsold. Gives me more time to ogle it!

Damn, that is a nice machine!

17. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Rada would make me buy it and put an automatic in for her, shes bugging for something cool

18. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    car is now listed on eBay

1965 Shelby Cobra | eBay

Very conservative reserve as I need to make room for a new car being delivered soon

car is also now listed on cobracountry (finally, that only took a YEAR) so i'm hoping to hit the global audience there

19. spieler

spieler Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2012
    miami florida
    55k get it finally .

i was more thinking about 59k as your reserve price.
    Anyway very nice Cobra
    on my to buy list but i need to find a bigger place for my toys.

20. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
  21. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Please SELL THIS CAR!

You are driving me crazy!

22. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Have two interested buyers, one has to get a HELoC approved and the other needs spousal approval

Pretty tired of the eBay buyers, prefer to sell to an enthusiast

23. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    car is sold early april....