I hate, hate, hate NBC! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I hate, hate, hate NBC!

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Jun 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    Cannot stand Diffey and Matchett. They provide zero insight. Literally a waste of space. "Go fast day"... Really? FFS!

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So the stupidest thing.

I recorded the replay of the Indy race and when I ran it, it was instead-- the Canadian GP.

How effed up can one network be?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    But it was not on their website. Only 10 minutes of highlights. Stupid.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    NBC was a blessing. I ended up downloading SkyTV's coverage. Next time I'm unable to watch a race live I know where I'm going..

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Guys......
    So for my NBC experience, coverage was preempted by NBC News about the Orlando shooting.....however, 30 laps in I realized it had been moved to CNBC due to this. So I watched and finished the race via CNBC.

But for all of you other people who seem to have no idea that the NBC Sports app exists, please feel free to educate yourselves. :) They have all replays available there for about a week.....P1, P2, P3, Q and Race.

Diffy is not that good, I sure miss Varsha to be sure. Hobbo is hilarious and I've always loved Matchett. He's a great guy and a great journalist. I always liked Peter Windsor too even though he constantly talked about Hitco vs Brembo vs AP brakes. haha...

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes there is an app if you can get it to stream!!!! That app sucks!! I have over 100 Mbps upload download and still can't get it to stream, terrible service.

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Not sure what your issue is. I stream it all the time. I've even streamed it internationally via VPN.

8. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    In my area, NBC scheduled it, however due to the shooting massacre in Florida, all news was diverted toward that incident.

NBC Sports carried it live from beginning to end, so I just watched it there as I always do.

9. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Actually the whole race is still on their website. Don't know for how much longer though.

10. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Happened to me also. I had inadvertently set recording of the F1 races in Spanish and those always get recorded. So I watched one and discovered they don't show COMMERCIALS! I have been watching that ever since. Sure I can't understand what they are saying but it makes more sense than the other guys...

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Well, the next two races are on CNBC, so I'll be watching the SkySports feed.

12. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    Guys, try the NBC sports Live Extra App....its free and you can watch the replays anytime. Good luck

13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    My cable provider has the races available online to subscribers. Maybe you could look into that.

14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Just so everybody (US viewers, at least) knows: Austria will be live on CNBC, not NBCSN.

15. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    You have to set the DVR for "any channel" to prevent this. Burned me last year. Once I made the switch it's been fine but very frustrating.

16. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Last night I set my comcast DVR to record the race on CNBC and this morning when I wake up and play it back it's the Spanish version from channel 584. If I direct tune into that channel it says it's a subscription channel. I have no idea how that even happened. I switched over to CNBC and only missed the first 3 laps