Don't drive in groups or ...........Illegal impound. 17 VEHICLES WRONGFULLY SEIZED IN | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Don't drive in groups or ...........Illegal impound. 17 VEHICLES WRONGFULLY SEIZED IN

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by who, Jun 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I see - I suppose that means that there are pending charges against you, and not all charges have been dropped/dismissed (if you can answer)?

Anyway, good you got your car back and ended the joy riding at the yard.

2. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Bryan, Let me get this correct. You came here to a Ferrari website, are not a Ferrari owner , gave a sad ONE SIDED story to all of us on F-Chat about the horrible PD in Orange, want sympathy, don't tell the WHOLE story, EVER, can't get the Chamber correct, can't get the time right, still don't know the charges, then tell us to call your attorney? Are you F'in kidding??

Personally IMHO, I bet the Orange PD impounded your car for good reason, the charges are still standing and you have BIG problems. I'm guessing you think people here are high school kids....call your atty??? REALLY??

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    One thing is for sure.... City of Orange will be one place fartcanners and street racers will avoid forever, if they know what's good for them...

They got their wish.

4. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You are such a blowhard. It is painful reading your posts.

5. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No he isn't. He is asking questions that have been cutting straight through the BS since this confusing thread started.

6. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    You guys are a regular Starsky and Hutch on the case with this one.

7. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I guess that makes you huggy bear.

8. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Sure. I'll take it.

9. R35

R35 Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Sean
    You certainly aren't so naive to think his story would NOT be one-sided? Obviously Bryan came on here to shed some light on the event and garner sympathy / support from what he presumes are fellow car enthusiasts but in light of what has transpired why should he reveal full details? If you have relevant details found in the public domain then share it with us, but don't expect Bryan to be receptive and responsive to your questions, some of which are irrelevant and ludicrous (ie was car smog legal) when you've already assumed he's committed wrongdoing. He's not here to defend himself against you.

Perhaps he is a bit dumbfounded as to why his vehicle was wrongfully seized. Is it too much of a stretch to view as such?

10. lbell101

lbell101 Karting

Mar 24, 2013
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    It seems obvious at this point that the cars were seized likely due to the GoPro video.
    I have been on many of these type of events and some get carried away while others do not. This could have easily happened to me after an event even though I am not one that gets carried away. To most of the public, ALL of the people involved are evil street racers just because they are out for a cruise with a group.

Cruising or street racing? Man disputes car's impounding after bike crash - The Orange County Register

11. Remember the alamo

Dec 9, 2014
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Exactly. If Bryan and the folks he was driving with did something illegal then they should absolutely be prosecuted. But if that is the case then press charges. Don't take their property for months and not provide any charges or any clarity.

12. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Crazy but interesting read.....good luck to all involved.

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Go Pro, Big Brother and prosecution of groups.

14. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Moral of the story: If you absolutely must break the law, then at least have the courtesy to bring along a camera and document your activities in order to aid law enforcement.

15. 575 Maranello

575 Maranello Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    LMAO

One of the early posts I believe stated that they voluntarily gave the GO PRO video to LE

16. tsltm

tsltm Karting

Nov 10, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
  17. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Yup! Real story. I bet you it will ding the caravan and cruise arena due to the threat or fear that this may happen to them as well.

For now, I'll just drive by myself to a meet or have two to four cars with me that's driven by owners I know wouldn't act stupid or try to race or instigate a race with other cars. :(

18. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wow talk about trampling on ones rights against illegal search and seizure. Cops lie to Judge and DA to get warrants etc. I hope the department looses big time.

19. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Interesting how many people were so sure this was not real.

Why would anyone bother to make up such a thing? Truly.

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You must be new. LOL..

21. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm sure all the cars were documented with before and after photos and all damage will be corrected. In addition a full audit of storage conditions, and odometer readings will be provided as well. Last but not least, owners will be compensated for insurance costs, payments, etc since they were paying for their cars while out of their possession

22. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    Talk about an expensive lesson. I would just close my pocket book up, tell my lawyer to take a hike and chalk it up to bad luck.

As long as my car came back in one piece and had no damage I wouldn't even bother fighting this.