Paris - Hyatt Madeline vs Hotel du Louvre?? | FerrariChat

Paris - Hyatt Madeline vs Hotel du Louvre??

Discussion in 'France' started by dstacy, Jun 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hello gentlemen. I could use some help here. I'm going to stay a couple of nights in Paris for free. I can stay at either the Hyatt Madeline or at the Hotel du Louvre. Any recommendations for one over the other?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Bonjour messieurs. Je pourrais utiliser un peu d'aide ici . Je vais passer quelques nuits à Paris gratuitement . Je peux rester soit au Hyatt Madeline ou à l'Hôtel du Louvre . Toutes les recommandations pour un sur l'autre ?
    Merci d'avance pour toute aide que vous pouvez fournir.

2. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Hello,

I think Hotel du Louvre is in the center of Paris, walking you have to visit many place.
    Hyatt Hotel is more modern inside, now is not so far from Hotel Louvre.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hotel du Louvre was under renovation last September - but its a good location - rooms are not much... Madeline is nice area ... longer walk. other wise both are in central Paris.

We are off to Paris tomorrow.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Exactly, Spot on,as always, Tom.
    Dave: remember Paris is a small city; actually, the two are separated by a 25 minutes walk (walk the avenue de l'Opéra, then rue de Rivoli, and here you are).
    The Hyatt is probably a bit more classy, closer to the shops and Grands Boulevards; the Hôtel du Louvre is closer to the old historical center of Paris (Nearer to the Marais, or to the ile de la Cité by crossing the bridges over the Seine and then the quartier latin)
    The choice depends on your main center of interest, if you ask me.

Rgds

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks for the replies; however you might want to note I started this thread and asked this question 2 years ago. I've stayed at these hotels 4 times since then. :D

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well...at least now, we can ask you about your impressions? Which one do you prefer?
    Rgds

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    (chuckle)
    The Madeline is more modern and a little nicer. The Hotel Du Louvre has a lot more history and is far more interesting. We’ve stayed at the Louvre property 3 times.

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, that would have been my guess. Next time, if there is a next time, P.M me before, I think I owe you a glass...
    Rgds

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    We’ll be there in the spring. See you then.