Wanted Ferrari 308 GT4 | FerrariChat

Wanted Ferrari 308 GT4

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Lordsinclair, Jun 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Looking to buy a Ferrari Dino 308 GT4. Preferably a 1975 or earlier to avoid CA smog but open to others. Would like a running car, ideally with history and receipts. Originality preferred. No major projects but cars with minor work required are ok. I'm not a dealer and this will be a keeper. Based in Los Angeles.
    Many thanks

2. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Saw a 1975 on Craigslist Los Angeles this morning. 55k

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  4. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Thanks guys.

5. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Thanks to everyone who's sent links and details of cars for sale. I'm still looking for the right car though...

6. motormike

motormike Rookie

Oct 31, 2008
    did you find a car yet? Please email me direct if you are interested in a very late 1979. [email protected]

7. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    OK so after a week of searching (not long I know) I'm narrowing the search down to 1975 or earlier cars due to smog restrictions here in California. And a Euro car is preferred but not essential. Thanks to you who've sent details of cars for sale already, I appreciate it.
    Cheers.

8. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Beverly Hillbillies has a black project car. They have had it for sale for a long time. Offer accordingly.

9. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Russ, yes I've spoken to them about that car and the red one they have. The black one looks especially in need of restoration...

10. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    I can tell you which one NOT to buy ... the burgundy one on Ebay.

11. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    whats story on that burgundy one ?

12. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
  13. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    At one time they hacked the roof off to make it a "targa" and it has some pretty rough looking sills as well, also there is some accident history on this car do a search on FChat for that VIN .. he doesn't mention any of that, only the repair to the trunk. The long BS about the motor tells me it's going to need more than just fresh fuel and a major service ... if it were that simple the seller (a dealer) would get it running and sell it for a lot more money. My guess is there is some mechanical wear or malfunction. The interior restoration is not correct.

Strong market brings a lot of dead cars back to life ...

14. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    A 'broker' called me to offer me that car telling me he needed a $5k finders fee. When I declined it appeared on eBay. I must've looked into at least 10 cars these last few weeks...

15. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    good luck with your search. They are hard to find for a decent number. I bought one a few years ago when nobody wanted it and sold it to a fellow FChatter for pennies compared to what they go for now. He spent a good dollar on it to make it mint again. I put about 15 of my own hours on rewires and the only error i fixed was the horn not working.

16. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. I wouldn't mind a project at the right price but would prefer a well-sorted car and now I'm only looking for a pre '76 Euro car.
    Any leads appreciated. Many thanks.

17. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Still looking for a Euro spec pre '76 car to keep. Please PM me with any leads. Many thanks.

18. jimgolf1

jimgolf1 Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim Small
    I'm just curious of the price range you are targeting? For a project and for a solid car?

19. Lordsinclair

Lordsinclair Rookie

Jun 18, 2015
    Los Angeles
    I'll consider projects and A1 cars alike.