Need advice on Nashville TN GA airport | FerrariChat

Need advice on Nashville TN GA airport

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Headed to a Convention EVENTS. Just looking for general advice on a nearby airport you would recommend. Event hotel is Marriott at KBNA and it looks like KJWN is our only other option. What would be unbelievable would be a member here with a private airpark and hanger for two cars close to the convention. Blind pigs get lucky sometimes, so what the heck. Thanks

2. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    KBNA is honestly quite easy to land at and both Signature and Atlantic have been good to me in the past.

On the other hand, if you really don't want to go to KBNA, KJWN (John C. Tune) is my favorite GA airport to fly to in Nashville. Fuel prices are certainly much cheaper there.

3. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks! I think we will try KBNA...hmmm I wonder if I can keep a car un a hangar there or take a chance with covered long term parking.

4. race

race Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2013
    Carrollton Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeffery Mead
    you might want to check out Airnav AirNav for local airport info. KMRC is a bit south but about 30 min from Nashville.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    We have been looking at this as it is somewhat closer and looks like a straight shot to the Airport Marriott. Smyrna/Rutherford County Airport Authority KMQY. Looks like there may be some military operations there with the Guard.

I know this sounds paranoid, but we try to be as safe as possible therefore the smaller airports. I have read several stories in which Air Traffic controllers let small GA planes get dumped by wake vortex turbulence, etc.

I think we also have hanger space for the Cars at KBNA!