Youtube Video - 10 Common Issues with Ferrari 360s | FerrariChat

Youtube Video - 10 Common Issues with Ferrari 360s

Discussion in '360/430' started by Lookingforfcar, Jun 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lookingforfcar

Dec 2, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andy
  2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2 mello, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    I cringe when that lazy woman stepped into the Spider driver seat without opening the door (3:25). I would slap her silly if that's my car. From my experience, Time and time again, I find that women tends to disrepect your sport car more than men. Why is that?

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    She wasn't being lazy. The door latch had failed, i.e. door would not open.

4. yangstein

yangstein Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If you continue to watch his videos on Ferraris, you will see a burnt 360 too. Scaring people away from Ferraris.... Not fair...

5. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Helpful video. I knew about everything except the shaky mirror problem.

6. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You might to want to look at all of his videos. He's made some questionable "repairs" on his rental Ferrari's. I would ask some people on here before putting too much faith in youtube videos trashing any exotic.

7. skottw

skottw Rookie

Sep 3, 2005
    He actually has several videos stating how much he loves them, that's why he bought two. He also talks about the relative affordability for the 360 as he drives his quite often and comparing the running cost to other cars that will loose value as you own them. I believe it was the newer Stingray Corvette he compared it to.

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Qualify your statement. What questionable repairs have we done to rental vehicles? We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for a decade repairing cars when they break to avoid liability claims. Many times through Ferrari dealers, to state that the company does "questionable repairs" without substantiating it is not right.

Also these two cars are both my personal cars and were never rental cars. I am the second owner of the red 04 coupe and 4th owner of the 2001 Spider. This video was an objective list of things that weren't designed well on the car.

9. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

Rob I didn't know you were here
    I am a fan of your videos, they are funny and I enjoy them
    Keep them coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015

Also a fan of your videos. Entertaining and informative! Thanks!

11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yep, as already written by colleagues, an entertaining and useful video, thank you Rob, go on like this.

12. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You said you "bypassed" electrical on the hatch because it wouldn't start after installing a challenge grill and couldn't get it lined up correctly.

You also stated in another video you had a certain brand of tire for the 360 and it was "rubbing". That tire manufacturer does not make a tire recommended for the 360.

Good enough?

13. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not to mention the video where you act like a CEL comes on every time you fire up one of these. You did show you had a pretty constant CEL which you routinely just erased.

I understand they are videos and there to get views but I sure think you sensationalize it quite a bit. That's the reason I recommended checking a site like this before putting too much faith in a youtube video about the "troubles" of these cars.

14. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    #14 metaldriver, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    It is an easy fix, but the guy mis-spoke. Yes, if you keep tightening the screws on the outside of the housing they will bottom out. I removed the mirror housing to access the hard mount behind it, because it is those hidden screws that eliminated the loose vibration on my car.

15. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    #15 DiabloTerr, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    I watched your videos about the 360 being the best value for entry level Ferrari, what are your thoughts on the F430? I see that you have two personal 360's, so do you prefer the driving feel of 360 vs the F430? The F430 definitely feels like a bigger car to drive compared to the 360, 360 steering also felt more fun since it reminded me of a go-cart.

16. yangstein

yangstein Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Robert, was that you tried to accross the city with a broken down white Lambo? That was funny but I totally see that as I am from LI but went to school and spent so many years in the City. I just moved out here in CA 3 years ago from NY.

HAHA. Keep in touch and let us know if you put up another nice video... I did not like the burnt 360. That was sad..... Yikes...

17. kommons

kommons Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've watched some of his videos and respectfully, it's mostly ill-informed. There's so much missed here and the solutions aren't clear and understood. Like the locks for example, that isn't what causes the failure of the door handles. The headers don't have only 1 failure mode. He missed: Cat ECU, Lifters, leaky cam seals, oil sender, transmission cooler failures, rolling light/wiper stalks, 6 speed bushings, plethora of F1 problems, ball joints/tie rods as mentioned above, etc. What's most unclear to me is who is the audience for these videos. :-\

18. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    So putting a non-OE tyre on a 360 is a "questionable repair"? You can be pretty sure that a tyre like the MPSS is way better than any OE 360 tyre that came out 15+ years ago on all fronts. That being safety, performance and comfort. The rubbing is a flaw that can happen on a 360 with OE tyres, so that does not mean anything. If the speed and load rating is suited for the car, what's the problem?

The other "fix" you talk about, sounds more like a temporary solution until it is done properly. Many have done quick fixes one way or another on their Ferraris over the years, including me.

And in what way did he trash an exotic? The man makes videos as part of his job, so what? He did not point anything out most owners and enthusiasts did not already know about. This is helpful to those looking to get into their first 360. All in all, he seemed positive and objective.

Not trying to offend or antagonize you, but why get so defensive just because someone talks about the known issues and drawbacks about the car you like? To be fair, the 360 is not perfect.

19. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hang with me here and you'll get it. He put tires on that were not made for the 360 then *****ed about fender rubbing and passed it off as an issue with the car.

The other fix he said he bypassed it and it was crazy that Ferrari wouldn't let you drive with the rear hatch up.

In another video, he complained CEL's happen all the time. He kept getting one and erasing it complaining about it the whole time. Didn't bother fixing the issue in the video or explaining what the light showed.

My issues were in his other videos not this one. You can tell they were made to get viewers not inform anyone. Watch his videos about when your Ferrari breaks.

Never said the car was perfect. I think it's far from it. I don't think it's nearly as bad as he represents in his other videos.