LaFerrari Spider? | Page 20 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari Spider?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by gt_lusso, Mar 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    This is a very ignorant comment.

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well, people have been posting the key pictures for weeks. When they filmed the show it might have been breaking news, but with the web, good luck trying to hide that another month or more.

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Read the thread?

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Yes, guess it doesn't make any difference now, unfortunately.

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Sorry, should have added IMO which I thought was implicit in the contest.
    Anyway, unless you have definite proof of the fact he's not an ass your comment is not particularly informed or corteous either.

6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Absolutely. And I don't really think they're very upset at Ferrari that all this info has been leaking. If they wanted full secrecy they wouldn't have taken half measures.

7. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Hopefully LaFerrari Spyder owners won't be surprised by a sudden rainshower, you wont be able to store the removable top in the car.

With the top comes a storage bag.

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It doesn't rain indoors, so that shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of owners..! ;)

9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    lol

10. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Sergio Marchionne confirmed that a LaFerrari Spider is in the works weeks ago.

You should think before you post in future.

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Right, but have you thought that maybe Ferrari want to keep a secret on who'll get one and who won't as some might feel they are better candidates than a shouty, swearing tv chef?

12. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    A shouty swearing TV chef who spends a lot of money with Ferrari. Lets face it, the combination of regularly purchasing new F cars and being a celebrity will get you allocations for cars that are very limited. Sorry you don't like it but it really doesn't matter either way because he will get his allocation.

13. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Oh yes you can

14. ilir

ilir Karting

Dec 12, 2013
    Austria
    Styling wise is a lot changed?
    For example rims and stuff like that :)

15. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Your out of your mind if you don't think Ferrari has something to do with "announcement" on Top Gear.

16. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
    Interestingly Chris Evans was silent regarding if he was getting one.

Chris Evans is also quite a prolific Ferrari owner, with some quite significant classic Ferrari purchases over the years, including a 250GTO.

In terms of modern limited edition cars he's also owned the 599 SA Aperta and laFerrari.

I would have thought he was as likely to be offered one as Mr Ramsey.

17. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I know so many of these post are speculation and written as such, but I do wish people wouldn't post information they indicate is definitive unless they really do know it is definitive.

Thanks to Chalstrad, we now know the real truth.

18. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This...this...and this! First thing that came to mind when I saw it.

19. FarRider

FarRider Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    That's hard to explain. If there were five built I would want three of them if only three built I would want all three if I really liked the car. Is this the infamous no one with the lemon M?

Your dam straight on this one! There's this cat on McLarenLife trying to get a possible manufacturers hidden fault fixed. You hit the nail on the head I was thinking take out all the fluids and I have a crane on my shadow boat and film the lemon car going into the ocean. Even have the small sub for filming it going to Davey jones locker. lol

All this talk about NDA....the only ones are the non disclosures that my attorneys write up that Ferrari is not allowed to talk about. Tired of reading all the nonsense that goes on. Ferrari should be kissing my ass to be an owner and they know it in spades.

What's that quote those given the key are asked not to discuss.....BS I signed no agreement or was asked not to discuss period.

20. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I'm not sure how you conduct business but no one should have to do that to anyone in order to conduct a transaction. I think there would be plenty of people in line to take your spot if you had an allocation so I don't think anyone from Ferrari will be visiting you anytime soon to stroke your ego.

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Can someone explain to me the logic of making just 100/150 examples and insulting their other 400 or so customers who thought they were top customers when they collected their LF?

22. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Tim that is a good question. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Ferrari is trying to make the allocation market even more competitive which in turn usually makes people buy more standard cars, do more Ferrari events, and possibly even grow the Corsa Clienti program. I am sure some people will be angry about not getting an allocation for the LaF Spyder, but we all know that if someone leaves and stops being loyal to the brand, there will always be another person in line just waiting to pounce. Just my .02

23. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    Mr Traveller - you know the score more the most. Their logic is twofold. Build 150 LaF's and

a) That means, of the 400 LaF Coupe buyers, only (400-150) will be insulted. The rest will be even more thrilled!

b) Huge easy money:
    Assumptions:
    - Profit in a LaFerrari coupe: €500k
    - Additional development cost of LaFerrari Spider... likely < &#8364;1m. (quite literally a few prototype carbon tubs with the roof cut off)!
    - Increase in list price of Spider of LaF coupe: &#8364;1m
    - Additional profit to company = (&#8364;1m X 150) + (&#8364;500k X 150) - &#8364;1m = &#8364;224M

It's the easiest &#8364;224m they'll ever make.

Ok, OK, I admit and recognise that the numbers may not be accurate or realistic, but the motives and methodology is right.
    EASY MONEY!

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You know why. Because they know they can piss off +/-350 customers as they have the next +/-350 ready to take their place should they be really pissed off and decide they are done with Ferrari. Some will just say f*** and go buy something else, others will be back.

At the same time, had they built 400 LF spider, im sure some LF owners would be pissed because they would feel their LF is not that unique anymore as there are now 800 LFs around..

Cant please everyone everytime.

25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The money aspect is not the issue. Clearly this would have been a very profitable programme as all LE's are, especially when it's just a version of an existing car, and this was really a simple one. My question is why do just 150 and insult so many customers and then you look at the selection of those 150 and you have to ask yourself, for example, if Gordon Ramsey is really the most deserving steward of such a rare beast to the exclusion of others?