Anyone have both 458 and the new BMW M4? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone have both 458 and the new BMW M4?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 2fastforu, May 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2fastforu

2fastforu Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2006
    Great feedback. I will be picking up my M4 this Friday. Found a good deal on 15 black sapphire metallic and good trade-in.

2. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    I recently sold my 458 coupe. A month later, I bought my wife a 2016 M4 Convertible.

For the money, I honestly have to say that the car is probably the best sports car I have ever owned.

It offers every creature comfort that the 458 doesn't. It rides better, it handles mostly better, it is incredibly fast, it is 1/3 or less the cost. It is serviceable locally. It takes almost no depreciation when purchased.

My only complaint with the car is that it doesn't have quite the same power as the 458 and it REALLY and I mean REALLY burns the fuel when driving hard.

Until Ferrari steps up their game, I am probably sold on the M series. My friend recently bought a M4 coupe after driving my wife's convertible. I occasionally have been driving his now too. The coupe is even more of a wild experience over the convertible. The coupe is without a doubt faster and handles much better.

I love Ferrari and I miss my 458, but for the money, it just wasn't worth it when comparing to the M4. I miss the Ferrari looks, the stares and cool attention the car got, but in comparison, it is nice to be totally incognito in the M4. I also can out drive just about any clown on the road in the M4, nearly as well as I could in the 458. For a car that's under 80k, its a VERY hard deal to pass up.

1 must have, if you are used to Ferrari is the BMW carbon ceramic brakes. The steel factory M brakes do not perform as well and can get you in trouble if you are used to the 458's stopping power.

I've order the reprogrammer/chip for the M. I'll be curious to see how that impacts power.

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Have you considered an AR Guilia QF instead? It would likely equal/beat the M3/M4/C63 on all performance counts, offer exclusivity, proper rear seats/4 doors. Perhaps the only issue would be if you need the car right away.

4. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    #29 AZ-Giallo, May 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Have an M4 Convertible, a 2017 911 Turbo and a 458 Coupe. Porsche is probably the best car, 458 the coolest and the M4 the most practical (out of these 3). The M4 is a solid car, good electronics, great looks. Am thinking about selling the M4 (or a lease take-over) so let me know if you are interested.

6. 2fastforu

2fastforu Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2006
    Thanks. Actually I'm picking up my M4 tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how it drives compare to 458. I haven't driven it yet:)