CNC MOTORS | Page 4 | FerrariChat

CNC MOTORS

Discussion in '360/430' started by babci, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    #76 BladeMD, May 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This thread is getting as absurd as this pic below, or THIS CAR on cars.com.

Still deciding on if I want to bribe a mod to close it, or just buy more popcorn for the entertainment value....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

Eric - that picture is great man. - What could improve it is if the guy is holding a Wendy's burger. (it's also fine if he is holding a cup instead)

...and also - thanks for that listing on cars.com - that was great too!!

3. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    "It's been my experience that penalties start at the minimum and escalate as a business repeatedly violates a statue. Also the mood and disposition of the judge has a lot discretion. So depending on many factors, it could go up to $300 for egregious situations, that is the purpose of scaled penalties."

Nice legal informational input.

"Curious though, do you think the OP (excuse me, I mean the OP's Friend) should report to the authorities?"

Totally up to him. I am not the injured party and it is not in my authority to suggest it.

"How about you? Do you plan to contact the authorities about this?"

I can't fathom why I would. I am not the one that was lied to.

"I think you've given a 'death' blow to CNC motors here - definitely struck fear in their hearts!"

That certainly is not my intention and I seriously doubt it. I do think you are very mistaken. However only time will tell.

Thanks for the kind inferences.

4. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    "I think that's a similar sentiment of others about the OP & your posts.[/QUOTE]"

As I have stated in the past I have no disagreement that anyone else posting here including yourself are entitled to have the right to think as they wish.It all depends on the personal opinion you chose to adopt.I prefer to think some others here do hold that sentiment and some don't, but that all have the right to comment as they see fit. It goes along with first amendment rights. However the factual evidence demonstrated within the thread does not totally support nor confirm that your line of thinking has been adopted by all here. I take no offense to opinions that are differing from mine with the exception of those who meagerly attempt to intimidate, bully, use name calling or other thread rule violations in a poor attempt to validate their factually unsupportable post or personal attack.

Once again thanks for your kind words.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Your most welcome! Thanks for replying to my post, I agree with 100% it really is up to the OPs friend as you stated, I couldn't agree more! You're absolutely correct that it pretty much none of our business what CNC said to somebody's friend.

I guess it was silly of me to ask the legal ramifications of my friend's Wendy's experience too, my apologies.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Completely agree!! That is why I never called (or implied) for you to be banned or not be allowed to state your views. If I did say you should not be allowed to post and exercise your 1st Amendment rights, please repost that and I will be happy to retract.
    Agreed definitely not All!! Just most.

"I have a customer like this guy - smarter than everyone, always looking to prove a point but gets nowhere." - Gh21631
    That's 1

"So sad to see people with such tiny little lives." - arizonaitalian
    That's 2

"Makes you want to declare open season on lawyers, does it not?" - tazandjan
    That's 3

"..which makes this whole thread completely ridiculous" - Jagbuff
    That's 4

I didn't even include "feralc" which concluded you were trolling. That's 6 unique Ferrari Chatters including me. (not even including other 'roll the eyes' comments elsewhere from other members you are not privy too) Quite an accomplishment!

Most of the other posts have mocked and/or ridiculed the OP* which you are defending.

*I mean OP's Friend. (sorry)

7. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Paul if I may take the liberty to address you by name.

"Your most welcome! Thanks for replying to my post "

Likewise

"I guess it was silly of me to ask the legal ramifications of my friend's Wendy's experience too, my apologies."

Absolutely no apologies necessary. IMO you have not asked or said anything in any of your posts that I have been offended by or consider silly. I quite liked your "Wendys" posts and found myself grinning. After all this site is entirely for the enjoyment of the members and if some of them have such thin skins that are offended by any attempt at that type of lightheartedness then that is their problem. I can admit I can be wrong and overzealous at times. But attempts to joke (as long as no one is hurt or discriminated against by them) is one of things I find appealing in life when you take into consideration the real issues of the future everyone in the world is facing currently. You are a gentleman. Rock on.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #83 paulchua, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Thank you for the kind post. But I sincerely am having a hard time determining if you are a Troll or not. Trolling is a fine balancing act. The best ones towing the line between sincerity and intended offense. A great accomplishment for a Troll is able to draw out the offended party, causing *them* to be banned. I've seen it countless of times. In fact, it potentially could have happen in *this* thread.

I will say however that I am believing you're just stating your honest opinion. Honest and sincere contrarians should be welcomed here.

Be well.

9. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    "Agreed definitely not All! Just most"

"That's 6 unique Ferrari Chatters including me."

Big numbers I suppose but not all as you note. Still does not bother me at all especially the ones off subject. I guess my skin is thicker than most. I have said from the outset everyone participating here is entitled to think and say what they wish. Thanks for enlightenment about the Phantom posters I am unable to experience. I am curious to why they choose to stay behind the curtains? Reminds me of high school when girls attempted to secretly slut shame one another by leaving anonymous notes in each others lockers.

10. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #85 babci, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    "I will say however that I am believing you're just stating your honest opinion. Honest and sincere contrarians should be welcomed here."

You got it right. I just choose to refuse to be off subject, intimidated, bullied or shot at by someone attempting to be factually correct when they are not and try to reply with the same level of sarcasm, nastiness, humor or kindness that I initially encounter from them without breaking the site rules or decorum, all while additionally trying to remain factual.

11. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011

When I originally started this thread my desire was for it to result in civil replies and contributions and even though I have been the subject of some of it's more unfriendly posts I believe I have conducted my participation within all site rules and thanked everyone for their contributions good or bad.

It cannot be demonstrated that I have resorted in this thread to any name calling, on or off subject putdowns, otherwise unfriendly response or been banned. That said I now will post a reply in a good natured and well intentioned manner that is directed toward to your "Just most" mathematical provided accounting of the overview of the threads content reply's used in the supporting of your conclusion. I will do this by employing the format you used and adding a by count listing of posters who exhibited on thread subject related facts in agreement with positive supporting statements in contrast to your exhibited posters negative disagreeing either on or off thread related subject comments, supporting statements list.

1. "it took weeks for my car to move to "sale pending" or "sold," even after I took delivery""

"They just don't update their site regularly and after you buy your car from them, it takes weeks for it to be switched to sold and then removed.” Sherpa23 Post#2

2."Sure, maybe it is an opportunity for improvement in terms of customer service," Rossa328
    Post#3

3."I had the same experience a few months ago. Emailed about a car, told it was not available. Looked again a few weeks later and car was still on their website with no 'pending' or 'sold'. I emailed again "Hey, did the deal fall through?" "No, the car is long gone. We do have xyz available though..."

4.I get what you're saying that they're a dealer not a web company but c'mon it's pretty pathetic. It's not like they're some mom-n-pop shop; they deal in serious volume. They should have a robust enough web platform to just "check a box" behind the scenes to move a car from available to pending or sold.

I'm not accusing them of bait-n-switch but they certainly do benefit from keeping old inventory appearing as 'available' online - it brings in the emails/phone calls which are then met with "but we have this for sale". I think it's 100% intentional. They can and should do better.

I wonder if they ever considered how much it irritates buyers and how it negatively impact their sales instead of boosting it.

I hope someone from CNC will come on here to explain how utterly complicated it is...I will reply by sending my 6th grader to help them out." Sandy Eggo Post#4

5. "That's just bad business. It would take minutes to update cars to show sold. .." Fornula1r Post#5

6."A lot of dealers seem to do this. I've seen a few around here actually repost their ads over and and over for months, but marked "sold".
    Annoying, but car dealers have never had a problem with being tacky" Iam360Canuck
    Post#6

7. "Their tactic is intentional, and not a huge deal....many dealers do exactly the same"f355spyder. Post#7

The resulting scoreboard without counting or taking into consideration my position, Babci's nor any of the potentially positive ones (although I tend to think that it is highly doubtful there are any) that might exist amongst the SSSOTWCTHITS reflects a somewhat different percentage skew that shows a total result favoring Babci's "However the factual evidence demonstrated within the thread does not totally support nor confirm that your line of thinking has been adopted by all here." position statement rather than those of your "Just Most" accounting. Thanks again for your and everyone else's interest pro, con, unfriendly or otherwise contribution.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Did you call the police department on CNC? Oops I'm sorry, I mean your friend?

13. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    "Did you call the police department on CNC? Oops I'm sorry, I mean your friend?"

I find your query rather odd as is not material to the question I originally asked in my #1 post however I do appreciate your ongoing interest and to answer your question regarding myself: No I did not or did I ever even consider it and to paraphrase Baci's very good reply to this same question you asked him and to ask you back in my reply is why should I? I was not the party that CNC deceived and lied to.

With regard to my friend I doubt it, as he never mentioned he would nor have I ever raised the subject to him or suggested he do so in any of the limited discussions I have had with him since. I will ask him for you the next time I speak with him and let you know his reply. I do recall at that time we discussed it he made it very clear he was quite disappointed in CNCs lack of attention to their website and what now may be their past marketing sales techniques. In addition during that same conversation he did mention to me that due to this past poor experience with CNC that he would never consider a purchase from them in the future. I also have recently learned he acquired a Scud from another source that meets his needs and adds to a growing collection.

It looks to me like the only downsides to his or anyone else who may have had a similar experience with CNC is CNCs exposure to the potential fines that CNC might incur and may have to pay in result from any regulatory agencies that are responsible for enforcing the relevant laws governing CNCs infractions that could occur from their enforcement actions if those infractions were discovered by those agencies and should those same agencies decide to prosecute those infractions. The obvious other downside to CNC is that they have lost a potential future customer to reap profit from and gained an advocate who has been motivated to speak negatively of them and highly unlikely to recommend them to anyone who he might encounter that may ask him about them.

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    So many words over so little...there has to be a phrase for that?

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mountain out of a molehill?

16. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Bubkis

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    babci..oops I meant AndCaNorm, why is my query odd? Were you not the one that busted out legal statues? I just assumed if you went to the trouble of looking up laws, that you were considering taking action. Glad to hear you and your friend moved on.

ultimately though your basic thesis is correct. CNC kept a car longer on their site then they should have...and I heard a friend of my friend stepped on some gum. both can be irritating for sure.

Where did your friend finally end up buying his Scud?

18. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    You can add JahnJann as well. This person appears to be posting under at least three different usernames.

19. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Does this mean that you can close this thread now as trolling? (Please!)

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    CNC is about 10 min away from my office. They have had the most Scuds for sale in Socal in the last few years. To infer they need to employ a tactic of advertising a Scud , that is not in there possession just to lure someone in to buy another Scud is laughable. CNC stated their reason for keeping the ad longer than they usually do and considering their track record, it is a valid reason. No one's turning their business away from CNC over this. No business can please everyone. Their actions are within reason. I bet they find far more customers BSing them than the other way around.

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Paulchua deserves some sort of internets award for his Herculean efforts in this thread :)

And for making me laugh a few times.

Well done!

22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Hopefully that is perma-bannable?

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks my friend!!!!

Drive in good health!

:)

24. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #99 ferralc, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    I AM BACK!!!!!
    After 3 days in the penalty box, I wasn't aware that calling TROLL a TROLL was considered "name calling" (and I am so glad eventually he got banned and hopefully it is a permanent ban because posing as different members and giving himself "+1" it is completely against the rules.)
    Maybe the gods of the forum decided "clown" was too aggressive, I have seen WAY worse terms here without a 3 days ban.
    Whatever, I really enjoyed your replies they were really funny and made my day to read them while I was being "punished", I couldn't be part of the discussion because I deserved my punishment BUT I really enjoyed them.

But now I have paid my debt with society and I am once again a FREE MAN!!

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :) Welcome back feralc!

Was hoping you can chime in here though. I see in 15 U.S. Code § 54 - False advertisements that Wendy's shouldn't falsely advertise the $4 meal deal. I mean my friend wasted time going to the Wendy's (and the drive through no less) and was told there is no $4 meal deal. Plus the curly fries not being part of the deal on top of that! Not cool!

feralc, did Wendy's ever screw you over like my friend? I mean if you are not going to have a $4 meal deal in Alaska, why even have advertising!?

Just and update, after I told him I posted this on a forum, he told me he went Carl's Jr instead. He got a different meal deal to add to his growing meal deal experiences. It's sad that Wendy's lost a potential customer, their loss...Carl's Jr's gain. Let that serve a warning to other restaurants.

I still think Wendy's was not ethical here.