Anybody Else Wish There Were More "Acceptable" Ferrari Colors? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anybody Else Wish There Were More "Acceptable" Ferrari Colors?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Shark01, Apr 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #26 nerofer, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There is only speculation on the "older periods" because the actual percentages since about 2000 are published by the factory; you will find those for the years 1997 to 2008 here enclosed.
    I still believes that the 328s wins the match for the highest percentage of red cars for a Ferrari model during its whole production, at 77% from Sept 1985 to Sept 1989.
    Quoting Karen's remark above, look at the progression in the percentage of white cars along the years...

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Mine (308GTSi) is Metalic Brown.

I read SOMEWHERE that only 14 308 GTB/S ever left the factory in that color.

I have one, another F-Chatter or two had another and there is yet another floating around my town somewhere. My son got a pic of it.

So, is 14 even the correct answer?

3. WilD

WilD Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Interesting chart. I'm actually a little surprised red generally hovers around 50% of production. I would have guessed it was a bit higher. I wonder how any non-red cars get painted red later, which also seems common for the older cars.

4. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    #30 belfry, Apr 20, 2016
    "Orange Flame" 360. Special order from Ferrari.

I have a TDF blue 612 but I get so much more appreciation for the unique colour combination of the 360

5. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Luv the orange flame! But then I ordered a blu one(TDF) so what do I know?

6. DrJan

DrJan Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2015
    Grand Cayman
    Full Name:
    Dr Jan P
    Metallic Brown is very 70's. I had a -79 Ford in that colour. Still think it is a beautiful one, but extremely unusual these days.

7. DrJan

DrJan Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2015
    Grand Cayman
    Full Name:
    Dr Jan P
    Yes. And most pre WW2 Bugattis are today Blue, but they wete not originally.

8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I think if you are patient and put up a 'wanted' ad you will be able to find a car that is a unique color.

9. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Thank you for a constructive thought that many of us were unable to muster. Great idea, sir.

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Buy a resale red car. Apply your favourite colour with plastidip everyone wins :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMZslA3noY[/ame]

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #38 ryalex, Apr 21, 2016
    I daydream about a manual 430 spider in azzurro California over crema leather with navy ("sterling?") piping and inserts, with a scud/16M bumper and side skirts, challenge grille.

Essentially this look with cream Daytona seats and stick:

12. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Or paint it.

13. Braces

Braces Karting

Mar 24, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    According to that chart listed above ... White is on the upswing.

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Personally I LIKE red/black, silver/black, black/black..

I always wondered who buys the green/yellow cars.. there's fashionable, and there's timeless. The former changes with each decade, the latter appeals to buyers generations later. Lambo's have always been very "fashionable" cars... see the "icons of the 80's", and bright arancia and verde will be "fashionable".

As with the Porsche's the **** UPS brown can stay in the 70's where is belongs.

15. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    For new buyers. I wouldn't worry about resale and a paint to sample order. Unless its a very ugly color. Some might actually add to resale. Some collectors collect paint to sample cars in both Porsche, Ferrari, and Rolls Royce, etc..

Used its tough. Painting is an option, but color change repaints usually hurt resale.

16. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    the argument is NOT with Ferrari or other like manufacturers that offer to paint to sample which can exceed from a palette of over 16 million available colors , but rather with the purchasers that lack imagination and agree with the few samples provided from the factory... there is a mind set with purchasers that a color not previously seen is considered as non standard... over the years I have been accosted with the phrase " that is not a factory color " when in reality they are showing their ignorance... Ferrari has offered paint to sample essentially from day one... the other issue is favoring colors away from the main stream choices... easy solution is accept what is available or accumulate enough resources to where you can have it your way and not blame others

17. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I went way outside the box and got a beige interior.. lol. now looking for my second and keep venturing back to red.. Ideally I woudl love Bianco Italia but there are so few,

18. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    Buy a car and wrap it. Or, hunt for that elusive rare colour and prepare to pay a premium.

19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Or as others have already said: Save up your money and get the car painted the colour you want it!

TBH, I'm struggling to understand this whole thread!

The OP is upset and complaining because the people who bought their Ferrari brand spanking new ordered the colour combination that they wanted rather than the combination the OP wanted?

Really? - How dare they! :eek:

20. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beggars can't be choosers

21. Carbonero

Carbonero Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Troll Free Zone
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I will admit to having been one of the "90%", BUT, the color of choice is now Rosso Fouco.

Yes, it's still red, but it isn't RC.

22. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I don't understand the problem. Either you pony up the money for a new car, pay many extra $$$ for custom paint, and lose your butt on the resale. Or you buy a used car, pay many extra $$$ for custom paint, and lose your butt on the resale. But the one thing you can't buy is changing everyone else's taste or their good financial sense when designing their own car.

23. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan

I was a "beggar" looking for my first Ferrari. Luckily for me, my taste matched the first owner's and most other first owners of Ferraris.

There's a reason why Rosso Corsa (aka plain red) is popular. It's not because red is flashy, otherwise red Gallardos would be everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk