CCR VIR Virtual Track Walk with Speed Secrets | FerrariChat

CCR VIR Virtual Track Walk with Speed Secrets

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ProCoach, Apr 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Ross Bentley and I would like to thank Joe Foster and the whole CCR crew for their support of Speed Secrets Virtual Track Walk of VIR last evening. This, we hope, will be of benefit to the CCR racers who attend the VIR race the week after next.

In an effort to bolster the knowledge of this particular track with and for their racers, Joe has demonstrated his commitment to pushing the whole series forward. Both Ross and I are proud to play a very small, but hopefully important and valuable part of that effort.

CCR drivers that were not able to attend the two hour webinar last evening will get a link to the recording that they can download and view on a variety of devices at their leisure, along with over eighty detailed and informative slides on optimizing their progress around VIR.

If CCR members find this useful, we look forward in the future to having CCR drivers and principals join us for webinars covering a variety of great road courses in the US and Canada, including Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, Road America, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen (covering the newly resurfaced track), COTA, Indy GP and a host of others as the schedule of presentations rolls out.

Again, thanks to Joe and CCR! The best of luck and looking forward to safe, fun and fair racing at VIR next week!

2. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    Peter and Ross

The webinar was excellent. Great use of technology to show the details of VIR. I was amazed at the number of details I was not aware of and I have work with the best VIR coaches in the past (Peter and Tom Long). As Peter said in the webinar, you can talk about VIR for days and we did it in 2 hrs. A huge thank you to Joe Foster and John Houghtailing for your commitment to education, the series and for helping to make all of us safer and better drivers. The webinar was a great value added CCR benefit. CCR is at Road Atlanta with MVP track time 6/24-26. Sounds like another webinar??

3. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    That could possibly be done! Let me see if we can make that happen with Ross!

Thank you, Michael!

4. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    Does a virtual track walk translate into faster laps??? I went from a personal best 2:01:89 to a new best of 1:58:44. Also, had Tom's help at the track. Still couldn't catch the front pack. Thanks again Peter and Ross.

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Very, VERY glad to hear this! Of course, Tom is a gem and his counsel is gold.

He was an apprentice in my shop for two years... :D

That was a BIG improvement. Yes, I know you can go quicker still. But you're headed in the right direction.

We'll definitely do Road Atlanta before CCR weekend in June.

6. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Mike had one of the best lines in the "s"s for sure. Super fun and exciting weekend. Well done to Joe Foster and team!