Favorite driving shoes? | FerrariChat

Favorite driving shoes?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Super_Dave, Apr 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Probably a thread (or two) out there on this already but curious on what people are currently favoring for driving shoes?

I wear a "small" size 13, which makes shoe choice both important, and sometimes a bit limited. Important because I like to be able to heal/toe and clunky non-driver shoes with thick soles don't feel safe, and limited because (depending on how they are sized) while most 13s fit, some are a bit big, and many companies don't offer half sizes from 12 to 13. Realize not as bad as those with 14+ but can still be a pain and often limits my choices. I prefer to avoid buying shoes online. I'm in Manhattan so most options should be available somewhere nearby...

Anyways, I really, really like a pair of Ralph Lauren RLX driving shoes I had (have) but they are finally starting to give out a bit. I have a pair of Tod's that I keep in the car (literally used for driving only, as they are very uncomfortable for walking on anything but the nicest surfaces). The RLXs are nice and balanced -- sporty and very comfortable for driving, but also pretty decent walking shoes too.

Any thoughts out there on good shoes to replace the RLX? The only ones that I see that are similar are Porsche Design. Anything else that people would recommend?

Price point I'm targeting is <300 USD and ideally <$200.

Any suggestions on favorites are appreciated!

Thanks

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Check out Geox.

3. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Just curious why would price be an issue now? You've spent a good deal of time telling us here how rich you and about your billionaire friends (especially now that you've made $$$ from the bubble not popping)

Did you fall on hard times now?

5. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wear flip flops

6. DrJan

DrJan Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2015
    Grand Cayman
    Full Name:
    Dr Jan P
    SuperDave, a pair of used Converse are totally "you"!

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    WOW! Those are impressive links! I am impressed! :D :D :D

Reminds me of Alex Menzel, the kid who's father owned Meridian out here. Anything you could think of mentioning was a "company that his family owned", from soccer balls to oil wells. He ended up stiffing Rob on a sponsorship bill here. Complete tool.

Back on topic. Shoes are a good thing, especially when the sidewalk is hot by the freeway ramp or the INtArWebZ cafe'! :D

8. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Five Finger Bikila.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #9 paulchua, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Yeah, super_dave is pretty funny - he fooled me once, he told me he won the powerball, is an an expert in markets, due to his two Ivy League graduate degrees

..yet when asked to substantiate any of these grandiose claims - always comes empty handed..

Moderators know this clown, so feel free to fire away...he's been the court jester for some time now..

He started here by denigrating people that bought high-end Ferrari because he said they were way to expensive. he claimed to be an expert in bubbles, and was insulting people that bought them - he was saying they would be sorry for not taking his advice (that was last year) and that he would make so much money because he didn't buy a Ferrari.

Here is his history of asshattery...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18