Resoling of high-quality shoes? | FerrariChat

Resoling of high-quality shoes?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by beepx2, Apr 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    My favorite loafers need a resoling and I'm willing to ship them to the right shop. My usual guy at the mall is not committed to the quality I want. Have any of you a shop to recommend? It is a bit complicated as I want to switch from a soft foam sole with integral heel to a hard rubber or leather one with stacked heel, and they are size 13.

2. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Since you're willing to ship them anyway, have you considered contacting the original manufacturer?

I sent a few pair of shoes back to Ecco back in the day for repair/resole. In that particular case, there was a known material issue & they simply sent me new pairs of shoes.

3. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    You didn't mention the brand of your shoes. If they're Allen Edmonds, AE offers a rebuild service. I think it's about $100 and they do a great job.

4. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Johnston & Murphy offers the same.

5. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    It's Ferragamo and I don't think they have that service. There is a company in NY that does a lot of refurbishings that I am considering.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E