Moving to KC area with my 430 | FerrariChat

Moving to KC area with my 430

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by dchou1107, Apr 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dchou1107

dchou1107 Rookie

Mar 21, 2013
    I will be relocating to the KC area (Overland Park) with my 430. Just want to see if there is a lot of other cars or get together in the area. Also, I would love to connect with any shops that can service the F430. Thanks and looking forward to meeting other members.

David

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I'm in OP pretty regularly with a client. Have seen a few exotics in the area, including some newer F-cars. Surprises me every time given how few high-line cars (e.g., BMW, Mercedes, etc.) you even see in the area.

More broadly, you are probably most likely to run across some exotics in the Country Club Plaza area, a few miles outside of OP. Not sure who they all use for service.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Lots of exotics in that area. Ferrari club is pretty active as are a few other clubs.

For service, contact Vince Hill of Black Horse Motors. 620-870-1942. He will take excellent care of your car and is well connected with the exotic owners in the area.

4. wizig

wizig Karting

Jul 8, 2006
    Leawood KS
    There is a very active club in the area, it is an FCA chapter, so it will be easy for you to sign up if you are already an FCA member. I will send you a PM with the club contact info.

Welcome to Kansas !

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The first Saturday of every month you will see the front lot of the Sheraton Hotel in OP loaded with Ferraris
    as they meet for breakfast at 7 or 8am. UNLESS they stopped, but they were doing it a year ago and have been for many years.

6. dchou1107

dchou1107 Rookie

Mar 21, 2013
    I have decided to be closer to the city and work so I will be in mission hills. First world problem that I have is I am living in downtown KC temporarily and my house does not close until end of July. Any good places where I can store my F430 for a few months and I will drive it on the weekends instead of my daily driver. I can also park it in my complex and get another space but I would opt for another option if there are places to park with other exotics.

7. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I would contact Vince Hill at Blackhorse. He may be able to offer some suggestions.