Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Bullfighter in Hospital - Hit head-on by DUI

Discussion in '308/328' started by Robb, Mar 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This makes sense. I can see some people not understanding why the injuries were so severe.

All my best wishes are going out to Jon. I met him at Concorso back in 2007 - our 328's were parked next to each other. I took home a Gold due to a few rookie misses, and Jon took home not only Platinum, but also Best V8 in show. Great guy to talk to.

2. rlevesque

rlevesque Rookie

Mar 31, 2016
    I've joined this forum just to be able to make a connection on this thread. I am a colleague of Amanda's at Fullerton College and have been following this thread to see how Jon is doing. I can confirm that Amanda did not survive her injuries. If there is a gofundme set up, I am sure there are many people I work with who will want to know about it. I don't want to say much more publicly since I don't what Amanda's family's wishes are, so if you want to PM me, I can tell you more. Thanks.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I certainly will...I left a message on her office phone, as well.

Hospitals are rightfully 'close to the vest' on patient care, especially in a case of this sort.

4. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I haven't been on this site in a LONG time, and just saw this. I am very saddened and dismayed to hear this news. Jon is a really good guy; he drove over to look at a car with me at Gary Bobileff's shop and was kind enough to give me a whirl in his 328. Porsche 356...head on. Can;t get much worse than that :-((

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I'm quoting this post as I think it may have been missed by many here due to the need for "first post" mod approval.

So sorry to hear this.

6. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend and colleague.

7. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This is even worse than head-on (if that's possible); it looks like one of those partial overlap accidents that any car not made in the last 5-7 years sucks at. Of course, the lack of airbags and shoulder restraints don't help but this particular crash is one that no car was good at until they recently started focusing on it...

I don't think anyone can place any blame at all on the car/owner for somebody else crossing a divided road and plowing head-on into someone doing nothing wrong. It could have been a motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian etc., you name it instead, and the result would have been at least as bad and probably much worse.

I'm really sorry for Jon and for Amanda's family, really heartbreaking to read.

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Incredibly sad and tragic. My sincere condolences to this lady's family and friends.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Your PM feature won't work for the next few days either, but, thanks for joining us.

Accept our sincere condolences.....

I guess Fullerton will update the FB, or website once the death is publically announced.

10. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    This is very sad.

Kai

11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    If Amanda didn't make ...I Can only imagine Jon condition especially if he was driving looking at the pictures of the car.
    We can only hope ...

12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Having expressed my sympathies above I feel compelled to express my outrage as well. If what we have read about the perpetrator is accurate....three time DUI offender, using drugs at the time of the incident, death of an innocent due to her actions......then this woman needs to be tried for vehicular homicide and do hard time. No plea bargain. No community service. No probation. No house arrest. No rehab. Prison. For a long, long time.

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

thank you for alerting us all of this sad news. godspeed Amanda walser:(

this has been a sad day indeed and just leaves one empty. my sympathies to all connected.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Very, Very sorry to hear Amanda did not make it.... Terrible news :(

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The driiver is at least protected from hitting the windshield, by the ability to arm brace against the steering wheel.

The passenger, not so.

Recall that Jame's Dean's passenger (his mechanic) survived, by being completely ejected from the car...

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    So sorry to hear this. Condolences to Amanda's family and friends. If you hear of anything being set up please keep us updated here.

17. ferraripete

yes, as allan said. we are all very hurt to hear this. please send our respects to Amanda's family and the fullerton family.

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

Unfortunately , no matter how severe the penalties are it has not deterred this behaviour . Let's us not forget texting also. As a truck driver I can see in cars and se this very often and I been hit twice this year from texting and driving .

Three time offender should no doubt face harsh consequences . No matter what happens to her, it doesn't change what happened .

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #319 BigTex, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    So incredibly sad. I'm at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Tragic. RIP and condolences to get family and friends...T

In your hands, O Lord,
    we humbly entrust our brothers and sisters.
    In this life you embraced them with your tender love;
    deliver them now from every evil
    and bid them eternal rest.
    The old order has passed away:
    welcome them into paradise,
    where there will be no sorrow, no weeping or pain,
    but fullness of peace and joy
    with your Son and the Holy Spirit
    forever and ever.

22. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  23. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My deepest condolences to Amanda's family, friends and colleagues. Rest in Peace Amanda.

To summarize the latest information for Jon, provided to Robb from Jon's brother, is that he is in and out of consciousness and having trouble moving his left side. He is expected to remain in ICU for another week, and then a further month stay at the hospital recuperating.

24. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    The one being ejected usually doesn't fair well. From the look of the hit , seem like driver door area took the direct hit as if he swerved to avoid nose to nose impact.

25. ferraripete

eric, please let me know if I can provide you any support. it sounds as if you have the con but I am here to assist you in anything you may need.

pcb