Bugatti Chiron | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  2. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    #152 hashiriya, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    It's like an old F40 sales trick by Ferrari.
    "We will make only 300 cars and most of these are already sold, the production will be stopped next year" and they ended with over a 1300 cars.

My friend has been at the Chiron's presentation for the very limited public (around 20 people) held by the end of 2014 at the Bugatti HQ. He owns 2 limited edition Veyrons, including one of the L'Or-s.
    I mean, they had a plenty of time to present the car to the actual buyers.

Personally, I don't see a big improvement in a car that now has 1500 hp, but weighs way more than before, so top speed stays the same.
    The design approach is certainly better than Skoda Octavia decent of Veyron.

3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    top speed has increased, it's just electronically limited because of tyres etc.

4. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    Fair point, but it's still there. ;)

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's the Chiron/veyrons most irrelevant number. If the Chiron handles better and accelerates quicker it will matter. It's significantly better looking already.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  7. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    #157 bonalonio, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    A guy spotted no less than five Chiron in a hick town in northern Sweden. Obviously they had been winter testing the cars. There was a clip of the cars on a Swedish car mag site.

In two colors, it looks a bit like it is hatching from an egg... It reminds me a bit of the Bentley Hunadieres.... I would definetly have a Koenigsegg Regera over the Chiron. Perhaps I am beeing patriotic, but I think it looks better and that is a more impressive achievment

9. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    #159 bonalonio, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why is the paint all uneven?

11. Nolf1023

Nolf1023 Rookie

Jun 18, 2013
    Looking forward to the real configurator if Bugatti puts one on their website. Hope they make one similar to what they did for the Veyron

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NeAlTQCWs

Great video of the Chiron. The car is near perfect in my opinion. The styling is so much more aggressive and the interior is stunningly beautiful. I'd take this hands down over anything else.

13. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anybody have an idea of when we will start to see top speed run tests as we saw with the Veyron?

14. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Probably this summer. Perhaps before Pebble Beach.

15. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Wouldnt make more sense to do top speed runs when the weather is cooler like in the fall to help extract all the performance from the turbos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Id think the same thing, hopefully we'll get to see journalist reviews of this car soon...

17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    whos to say the record runs haven't already been done?

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Bugatti says that haven't formerly tested the cars limits and acceleration. I think they'd publicize it if they broke the speed record similar to the Veyron SS. Who didn't love the way Bugatti did it on Top Gear.

19. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012

I think they'll have James May do it again, as he did with the Veyron and the Veyron SS, which would be great to watch!

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Incredible yes but bit ridiculous too

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The more I look at the Chiron vs the GT Concept, the more ridiculous the concept looks and the better the Chiron looks. It's so masculine, beautiful, refined. I think they just nailed it. All purely my opinion but no chance, if I had $3 million to spend on a car (which I don't) I wouldn't look anywhere else not even close.

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What are people's thoughts on Bugatti not top speed testing the Chiron until 2018? Do they not trust current tire tech fully or are they going to continually fiddle with The car for over a year post customer deliveries? Seems odd to wait.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The car is a technical marvel. But it's capabilities are useless. It's a promotional item for the VAG group. That said, to my personal eye it's not really anything special to look at. I think a pagani or even the aventador is a far prettier machine.

25. Nolf1023

Nolf1023 Rookie

Jun 18, 2013
    I would imagine Bugatti has already taken the car nearly to its limits. They may have not attempted a max speed test but I am sure they have already pushed the car past 260mph. I think there are probably a few reasons for waiting to publicly declare the top speed.

Customer deliveries probably are not happening until next year. I think they are going for a slow unveiling of the car's performance, rather than getting all of the internet and magazine headlines out of the way before the car is even in the hands of owners. They are prolonging the attention the car will gain.

Second, there are a few other cars coming in this same time frame that I think could rival the car on some performance measures. The Koenigsegg Regera for instance (although I don't think the top speed is as high the Chiron's). Perhaps Bugatti is waiting for other manufacturers to reveal some numbers.