Tragic Ferrari Crash in Dubai | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Tragic Ferrari Crash in Dubai

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nospinzone, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I can't find said video in the thread. Please post a link.

I'm now so confused it's ridiculous! :(

Cheers,
    Ian

2. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Guys the very first post has a link to a news report and at the end of the report a female reporter on the street in Boston was wrapping up the story and a lime green lambo passed by in the background.

Now the story was updated on the website and it has a different interview and different reporter. Hence no Lambo.

3. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    Wow, they did redo the report. The original had that Lambo passed by what sounded like in 2nd gear at 5K RPM.

4. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Just to summarize:

1) The crash in Dubai involved a Yellow 458 Spider
    2) Some guy in Boston has a Green Lambo and drove it past a reporter

5. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James

The give away is that 4 people were in a 458.

DarkShines
    [email protected]

6. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    The kid who rented the 458 is my little brothers best friend. He was travelling the world...

Really messed up. The lil bro went to bring back his body to Toronto.

7. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Wreckedexotics.com this weeks update, (3-14-16), has a number of pictures of the very sad crash in Dubai. Also covered are crashes involving a Lambo Gallardo, 458 coupe, 360 Modena, Boss 302 Mustang, & others. The tragic crash in Dubai reminded me of years ago at the Monterey Historic Races, a Pantera arriving with 2 men/2 women in it, and the person I bought my 289 Cobra from in the 1980's, said told me, he & his wife used to go on double dates with another couple, in the Cobra, while in college, I think back to those cases and wonder if anything had happened, the outcome would have been tragic. We all (myself included) can make bad judgements, and pay a high price, for a moment of being reckless. As my dad told me when I turned 16 and got my first car, make sure your brain is in gear, before putting the car in gear.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ^^ that's good advice from your dad

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The difference is you drove carefully (I presume of course) with the 4 people in the car. Driving carefully and sober yields a different result than drunk and reckless.

10. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    The vendor of the 289 Cobra did that, not ferrarisun. He was told by the vendor.

As to my humble understanding.

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I stand corrected. Apologies.

12. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Back on pg 1 or 2, there was a link from a boston tv report... filmed in boston, not dubai. I did watch it, am aware of yellow 458 , but did not notice the green Lambo flying by. Was just curious if it was the same SV, dont see many around these parts.

So only partially related to thread of this crashed 458..

13. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    After watching the LiveLeak video, or about 10-12 seconds you can see the woman on the ground in shock with her arms reaching around in the air. Onlookers casually look at her and then walk toward the fiery wreck nearby.
    That seems like a horrible way to pass the time in the final seconds. It makes me wonder if anyone with some decency and a little know-how might could have saved her.

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    In the .00348 seconds it was on screen, I pegged it as a Gallardo.
    But I could be wrong....

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, the other girl was cut in half, mid air....by a light standard.

Take your pick, I guess...I really don;lt think triage would have made any difference.
    one article lists both girls (three passengers were ejected) as "killed instantly"...

That's a better take away.

Having a close friend lost in a similar way, "killed instantly" is better to think about as opposed to:
    "Got the driver's door open, but bled out still belted in, from the compuond fractures of the lower left leg and massive cranial injuries from flying debris"....

16. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    And this tragic wreck, only puts everyone with a high performance sports car in a negative light, with the public. With the crashes covered every week on Wreckedexotics.com, the vast majority are caused by people driving these hyper cars, they are way over their heads on driving skill, vers the ability on the car, before they put the car in gear. And thanks to the poster mentioning about the 4 people in the 289 Cobra, that I bought. The prior owner, did that when he was in college(double dating). Yes, I have driven my cars very fast at times, but 2 personal rules (for me), NEVER very fast with a passenger in the car, and NEVER in any kind of traffic, so if something did happen, no one else would get hurt. And .... I have slowed down.

17. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #117 ExcelsiorZ, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seriously!!!!! WTF???? If you watch the video there is a large group of people there....even guys wearing emergency looking gear....and they nonchalantly mosey about....taking their time before spraying the fire extinguishers....then waiting forever before pulling the guy from the wreckage!!!! WTF is wrong with these people???? That poor girl laying on the ground, clearly still alive...no one is there with her....even for the love of God just holding her hand in her final moments? Sorry, I believe if this was the USA or the UK, etc., people would have been swarming the scene trying to help not just standing around. Disgusting! Sorry, but yes, IMO we are NOT all the same and there are things that make some countries great....like its people! I feel sorry for the families who will see this and how their loved ones perished in their final moments. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=74a_1457434268
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Exactly what I was thinking, gut-renching that being someone's kids somewhere. Fear and shock before their final moments.

19. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Yes, exactly. Gut wrenching---angry and sad. May they all RIP.

20. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    So the theory above is that a sports car convertible crashes in Dubai, and the surrounding Arabs and or tourists mosey about and act slowly to help the Westerners. The car culture there sees a lot of these crashes happen, and has become oblivious? I would think a lot of these bystanders were understandably shocked by the gore and the flames. And i am the last person to sympathize with this region.

If i can digress, I went to school and befriended many Dubai students, all prominent. Shockingly, when 9/11 went down, you would think some of them wouldve contacted me to see if I was alive and not lost in NYC. Needless to say, I never spoke to them again. And I knew on that day, that region would undoubtedly continue to ruin the world as we have seen with beheadings, spread of Sharia, refugees in Europe, sleeper cells etc..

I feel awful for the girls, such a shame. As far as the responders, not too surprised. Sorry to stir the pot, its hard to be a fan of this region and I wish the world had been less naive in this regard. Too late now :(

21. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #121 BJJ, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    It is always a matter of individuals, not of their ethnic origin. I have observed inactive German bystanders just as well as instant active helpers of arabic origin saving (German) lives from fire. Persons being helpful or ignorant is universal and independent of where they happened to be born.

In cases like this accident most people simply do not know what to do, are confused, uncertain and reluctant to get immediately involved. It takes exactly one person being present by occasion, talking control of the situation and ordering bystanders to do this and that and that. Then most of the directly addressed persons will get moving. A leadership issue.

By the way, it was Peter Ustinov stating “Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich.” He surely is not suspect of being a terrorists sympathizer. By the way, imho the first half sentence is incorrect, the poor are just exploited by some few ...

22. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    wow...

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok, let's play your game:

Except in the USA and UK you have to worry about people gunning down others in schools and movie theatres.

24. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's beyond mind-boggling that they didn't pull them out sooner. All their actions seemed to happen at a snail's pace. Very, very sad to watch (both what happened and how the emergency workers responded).

25. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    As a sidenote, just announced that both girls will receive posthumous degrees from NEU..