Cate Blanchett's car in "Carol" | FerrariChat

Cate Blanchett's car in "Carol"

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Mckinney, Mar 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    I could probably find this on Wiki but what was that elegant silver machine with the white sidewall tires?

2. 1Superleggera

1Superleggera Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2011
    North East
    Full Name:
    Scott
    1949 Packard.

3. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks - this prompted me to spend some time looking into Packards online. They apparently made some great cars. The 1953 Caribbean convertible is a real looker as are many of the pre-war cars.

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Packard at one time was a real high end carmaker, many considered it a step above Cadillac. Some beautiful cars.

Then... postwar, they decided to make a smaller, plainer, more affordable car alongside the luxury car.

Quality control went to h..., the reputation plunged.

I read that post-war the streets around the factory were lined with finished cars that had not passed inspection; something missing or wrong... hundreds of cars.

It ended with a merger with Studebaker and actual Studebakers with the Packard name plastered on the front. Then both brands just disappeared.