What do I replace a 2014 Cayenne GTS with? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What do I replace a 2014 Cayenne GTS with?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ARTNNYC, Mar 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Just had to pile on.... generally I agree with your perspectives.

Candidly, as a seasoned veteran of the "family truckster" world (multiple Yukons, attempts at crew cab pickups), driving a Yukon around the 2-lane windy roads where we live sucks. The "sporty" SUV's are all compromises (as is marriage, kids and dog ownership). The (Cayenne/X5/RR Sport/et al) are crappy sports cars but at least are more fun than a (Yukon/Explorer/et al).

As for wagons, I'm a fan, but have not been able to find one in the US that stirs me enough, and for some reason the AMG version doesn't click. I would pony up for the RS6 Avant, though back to compromises, our dogs would lack headroom. (FWIW, our primary dog transport vehicle right now is my 500 Abarth)

2. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I beg to differ but my Cayenne GTS handles better than many "sporty" cars and it makes a great daily driver to go to grocery store, hardware store and Home Depot with a lot of cargo space which I need and utilize weekly. I have a Mega Cab dually and it is ONLY used to pull my race car trailer and is ridiculous to try and drive around town.
    The AMG Mercedes and BMW X6/X5 M's sound like good options to try out as I don't want to wait until 2018 to get a new "sporty" version of the Cayenne

3. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #28 koisokok, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Whats the cls? Is that the new mid size wagon? If so, looks pretty sleek with doors open anyway. Like a handsome panamera

5. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Glad you caught that . I meant to put a picture of the E63 Wagon. CLS was a 5 door coupe. Not sure if it even made it to the states...

p.s. Just read the article...Did not reach the states..GOod looking car.

2013 Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My wife just got a new RangeRover diesel and it is a great SUV. That being said, why do you want to use an SUV as a DD...do you need it for your job? I drive my Porsche turbo-s as my DD and have an old Wrangler for hauling duty when needed...

7. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    It seems to get very favourable reviews.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    if i was going to wait for a car to be released, i would take the new jaguar over the maser suv. jag looks much better and will be about 1/2 price

9. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Ok looked at all cars and focused on the Bmw X6M and the MB GLE63S coupe. Was surprised how many New 2015 X6M's there still are available. The MB is new for 2016 but I saw one at Amelie Island. concourses and loved it

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Volvo XC90 T6? different, and it looks great.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    X6m is a tall gtr. Very cool