1983 Ferrari Euro Mondial Sunroof Coupe | FerrariChat

1983 Ferrari Euro Mondial Sunroof Coupe

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Scaledetails, Feb 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #1 Scaledetails, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, my wife has found her dream house. I may have to let go of one of my toys. Here it is, a 1983 Euro Mondial sunroof coupe.
    This car is perfect. Way too much to say about it, too many upgrades, etc, so any serious interested buyers should phone me or PM me for the details. I will not sell for any less than what I bought it for ($35K), so don't start making offers, it sn't going to happen ;)
    42K miles, everything works, completely restored, paint, leather, carpeting, etc.
    Last major 4K miles ago in 2004. Car does have a "rebuilt" title from a theft attempt in the late 90's, so insurance wrote it off, but was never in an accident.
    Runs as good as new, no leaks, incredible sound from custom exhaust. Have no tools or books. First $35K can have it, priced for quick sale. I encourage a quick flight to Las Vegas to see it in person. If I sell another one of my cars I will keep this one.

Stephane
    [email protected]
    (678) 230-7439
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I'm starting to think you've owned every Mondail coupe produced. :)

GLWS.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    LOL. And probably all the Testarossas, 348's, and Diablos. LOL.

4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    That's lovely.

5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Super nice

6. 308gtsqv

308gtsqv Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2008
    Mass/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Love this car!

7. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Stephane,
    Awesome looking car, and I'm sure it's every bit as good as you say it is.

8. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    wow very nice.. ive never actually seen a Mondial Coupe..
    In my opinion so much nicer then the convertible..
    and love those rims.. makes it look much more modern..

9. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    This guy is just another flipper. I think this is the third mondial that he really didn't need to sell that he has offered for sale here under some life changing event or other, "this is my baby", "don't even think about making an offer" etc etc. Yawn.

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    A flipper is someone buying and selling fast to make money. Stephane does not fit that category in my opinion. Yes he buy and sell very often but the main goal is not profit in my opinion. If there is any profit it is minimal from what I've seen.
    I understand because I also fit in that category, at a lower scale ;)

11. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I remember this car for sale in Washington months ago, great car. I was poised to buy it. Purchased equipment for my company instead. I'd still love to have it

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I appreciate all the nice comments everyone, thank you. But Russ??? Do you know me? Who are you?
    Me, a flipper? LOL. I wish I was, and if I was, don't you think I would have a dealer license by now? I don't think I've ever made a profit on a Ferrari except the Testarossa I sold last year due to the quick rise in values. Otherwise I am definitely in the loss category when it comes to "flipping".
    This car is in fact "my baby", and I've had a lot of them, but life sometimes throws curves at you. I am actually trying to do something nice for my wife for a change by buying her dream house, and unfortunately I may have to (or not) sacrifice a few of my toys to make that happen. So much for keeping that private, but I felt I had to put it out there because of such shallow comments.
    If anyone thinks for a second I am trying to make money on this car or "flipping" it as this guys thinks, you are mistaken. Why would I ask less than what I paid for it?
    Sorry, just got irritated by that comment, makes me mad.
    Anyway, I would love to keep this car, and I probably will if I sell another one. Time will tell.

13. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I spoke to the previous owner around Christmas time; it was in Washington State; and it was on Craig's list so he did JUST buy it...HOWEVER, the price he is asking IS ACTUALLY the SAME price from the previous owner. I really was interested in this car and we spoke a few times...my first F car, but I bought something else. I am in Atlanta Stepane and do not know if your still in Savannah but I may still want that car now after seeing her again........Doc

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks Doc, fortunately for me I moved from Savannah 2 years ago, now in beautiful Las Vegas. Here is the story on this car. In my opinon it is the most perfect Mondial I have ever seen or owned, and I really did buy it to keep it, but something recently just became more important to me than "cars".
    If I sold it for $35K I would barely break even, and to give you an idea of how badly I want to keep it I just put my blue Lamborghini Diablo up for sale. Yes, the blue one, the only blue 91' in the US, the one you will see this season on my buddy Danny's show "Counting Cars" on the History channel.
    I am relying on Roy Cats, a Diablo expert to sell it for me so I wouldn't have to let this Mondial go. I can always replace a Diablo, but not a Mondial this sorted. Thanks for the nice comments, appreciate that.

15. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    CATS EXOTICS is a very good dealer in my opinion to work with! Doc

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Roy is great indeed, I just don't know how many are looking for a Diablo versus a perfect $30K starter Ferrari. I may have to take the best offer I get and take a loss on it in case the Diablo sits there for a while.

17. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    The Mondial looks fantastic! GLWS!

18. Pennsydave

Pennsydave Rookie

Feb 13, 2016
    Can you please provide more details about the theft attempt & the 'rebuilt' title? Is that the same as a salvage title?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    No, this isn't a salvaged car. That would be a major headache trying to get it registered. The title is as good as any other clean title even though rebuilt. Insurance wrote it off after windows were broken in, at the time values were low so it was easier to go that route. I should point out that the restoration had nothing to do with that. I have pictures of the car before the resto and it looked amazing even then. The previous owner was just that much of a fanatic, I still cannot believe how "new" this car looks. I think I am going to try to keep it. I know I will regret this one if I let it go.
    Thanks for all the comments everyone.