Got a 458. Almost... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Got a 458. Almost...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by blackbolt22, Feb 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    That sucks. Unless proven otherwise, you might assume that you were outbid - even after making a deposit on the car. Get the deposit back and look elsewhere is my advice. Good luck!

2. justthebest

justthebest Formula Junior

May 14, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Had an incredibly similar experience with Ferrari of Denver & a white F12. They sold the car while I was waiting to hear back from them about finalizing my purchase. The sales side will not get another dollar from me, and while I wish I could never set foot in there again, the service side is the only game in town (and all the service people have been great to work with). I hope to repeat my story to drive business away from them to force them to change their disrespectful and dishonest sales tactics.

3. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Can be had for 180k

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    We found another car . Negotiating now. Not as good as one we lost but close and more expensive of course.

I investigated and found out what happened. New owner gave a title as a trade-in on wed and returned Fri and purchased without a deposit. I gave a deposit Fri morning 930 AM. Sales mgr told me it would be removed from website. My salesman got an alert that I had left a deposit. If a sale was pending it should have shown up right then in their system. Sales mgr printed up a contract. Salesman in NY probably didn't enter sale into system or he or mgr ignored our deposit when new owner showed up later that day. Or they took another deposit. Still waiting on a refund btw.

I can forgive the mistake that two people were vying for the same car and there was some confusion. But to sell us a car that had been picked up the week before? She even went through Ferrari financing! I blame the salesman in NY and the whole organization for this screw up. If they had called me on Monday after I left the deposit telling me about it then ok. I would have understood but this is outrageous. A week passes, financing approved and no car! So they forgot they sold a car the week before? Like someone said earlier, this isn't a Toyota dealership. The other thing is I don't want to be upset with my local dealer, but I am! So is she! We are both soured on them big time.

Ok. I'm done with my rant. Hopefully we will have some pics to post soon of new ride. Yes, life will go on. It's no big deal. We are fortunate to be in this position. Just a car.

5. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Best way to look at it - and once you pick up the car you'll forget all about it.

Now not having the deposit $$ back 3 days after they found out is inexcusable IMHO - they should have wired the funds back to you or sent you a check next day air.........

Congrats on the new ride!!!

6. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Proves one thing. All car dealerships are toilets, they just flush different.

7. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    Things will work out. They always do. You will be very pleased with the new car.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and also proved the 458 coupe market is NOT in the toilet bowl!
    :)

9. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Ricky u are happy....I'm un happy.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    come on now - don't let 15k stand in between you and 458 bliss! or just grab a car with 15k miles. either way you can't go wrong dimitris!

11. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I agree. Just get one and don't mod it. There goes the extra $10k you have been waiting for. Haha

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    blackbolt post some pics up when you have a chance! congrats!

13. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Congrats! Another white/black? Post some pics when its yours

14. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    From what I've read here, it seems to me the NY sister store screwed up and caused this nightmare. How exactly was the news broken to you guys? Did you try to push for a discount on another car they have or can get? Did they offer you anything for your hassle? What bothers me a lot is that she had her credit ran for nothing. I personally would keep looking and not spend more for another car with less options if all else is equal.

I wish you guys the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    #40 blackbolt22, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Other Cars for Sale in McLaren Houston Houston

We bought this today. We didn't get a lot off of asking price. Good cars are still bringing good prices. What's new? I probably could have held out longer or let our dealer try to find another but seriously 5-10k is not that big of a deal on a car this price. We're ready for a car now not whenever our dealer happens to find one. Plus I'm pretty pissed off with them still.

She's happy. It will be delivered next week or so. Still doing some paperwork. And must arrange shipping. Probably will use Intercity. She will introduce herself then and will have more pics soon. She already has an account on Fchat.

16. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    This one is bi color, not a wrap.

17. boeckman2003

boeckman2003 Karting

Oct 7, 2015

Beautiful car...Congratulations. Would be nice to have more female voices on ferrarichat. No offense guys! Now, get that Mclaren plate off the Ferrari!

18. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    This car is perfect. And the mileage is so low, like buying a new car. That's why it's priced almost like new.

19. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That Italia is HAWT. Congratulations! What color is the RPM gauge? Please say white.

Houston to FLA? Fly out there and drive the beauty back!!

20. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Sick car. The msrp on that must have been 300

21. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Nice car almost like the other one.

22. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Congrats, Love the white & black combo!
    I'm local too hopefully I'll run into u guys around town!

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Congrats bro , she is absolutely gorgeous . She looks loaded up with carbon fiber and low miles too. Better choice than the first one.

24. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Congrats to you and your lady !!!!!

25. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    The car is just gorgeous. Perfect. Even race seats! That is a most excellent car blackbolt. You are going to love that car!