malaysian Ferrari owners? | Page 131 | FerrariChat

malaysian Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Remy Zero, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murcie

murcie Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    kuala lumpur
    Full Name:
    hakimi
    better post in Singapore thread....

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

2. r3kahsttub

r3kahsttub Karting

Apr 15, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur, MY
    Full Name:
    Won
    Second LaF, wonder if it will reside here permanently? Would be awesome to see it on our roads.

3. notiguy

notiguy Karting

Sep 30, 2006
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    PomPomPa
    Hi there... if there's anyone out there looking to purchase a mint conditioned yellow F360, do drop me a tinkle.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi Jez,
    That sounds like Alfred Tan's car, owner of Hong Seh who also co-owns Next Car (ex F dealer in Malaysia) as the family owns many cars across the two countries but could be someone else's (there aren't many 512TR). If you have the handbook, there's a page where there's a dealer's delivery stamp & signed by the workshop manager. Let me know what you see & I can ask for you.
    Jon

5. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #3255 SFchallenge, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dear fellow bros, with a heavy heart. I have to break this sad news to you that Vinesh, our Fchatter from the Malaysia chapter has passed away in an early morning accident today. He was in his beloved metallic grey Megan RS near Genting. I don't know exactly what happened but likely due to wet ground.

When we first met here many years ago, he was a student and an aspiring pilot which he finally got into the flying training school, passed the exams and has been flying for MAS with two bars on each of his shoulder. His dream was to own a Ferrari. He is 22 and from Johor.

A good mate. May he pursue his dream on the other side.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    I saw the news this morning on Facebook & could hardly believe my eyes. An absolute tragedy for a young man who had his whole life ahead of him. Having known Vinesh for many years I always kept abreast of his achievements & felt proud of the way he held himself and remained humble. My thoughts & prayers are with His family & friends.

7. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
  8. DrPitchard

DrPitchard Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    :-(

Yeah, he's a nice guy, what a tragedy. My first time logging into FChat after so many months just to read this.

Drive safe all, esp during this festive season where traffic is heavy.

RIP

9. DrPitchard

DrPitchard Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Coincidentally and sadly enough, his last post here was about 2 years back, on an accident involving a yellow Megane. His friend did not survived that accident too.

10. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Sorry guys, Vinesh was 27. 1989-2016 & last picture of him was wearing three stripes instead of two.

He had a female passenger who is still in critical condition.

11. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh yes, now that you reminded us.

12. r3kahsttub

r3kahsttub Karting

Apr 15, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur, MY
    Full Name:
    Won
    Incredibly sad news indeed. Many will remember Vinesh as an awesome friend, and I had the privilege of finally meeting with him mid of 2015, after many years of exchanging messages on various forums and on Facebook. I remember us talking about the yellow Megane in Langkawi; it was a common friend of ours and also a pilot.

Just before he purchased his Megane, Vinesh caught up with a few of us and we all told him the RS250 would be a good buy. When he finally pulled the trigger, the car belonged to our mutual friend. To an extent, I feel a slight twinge of guilt.

I hope he is in a better place now.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Very sad. One of my friend who is also a pilot, knew him well.

Drive safe always boys and girls.

14. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    may he Rest in Peace......very sad indeed.....

15. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    heya guys........a little too quiet these days.......

16. LjT

LjT Karting

Feb 26, 2013
    Hei Bikz

All the Malaysian chatters are busy driving their exotics, so no time to be here. You still have your 348 or you went for the slantnose P? You know of a place to get an aftermarket cat? I believe the cat under car is meowing the occasional slowdown light.

Regards

17. DolCeAddicT

DolCeAddicT Rookie

Apr 25, 2013
    Any upcoming drives or events? Would love to participate if there's any ;)

18. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    the 348 is a dream and very much still have it.....the 348 is like Marmite........and i ****ingabsolutely love it ........never found a real slantnose...the one which came up was a conversion......

cut the cat and chuck it off....ahahaha....u with the 550 right? how's it going ?

19. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    im sure there are plenty by mini car groups...just get into one...if you don't mind coming ipoh, ill update you on our next drive....how's your 360 (if memory serves me right)

20. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    in reality, whatsapp killed off this thread.......like many other local forums.....

21. murcie

murcie Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    kuala lumpur
    Full Name:
    hakimi
    An F40 already landed at Naza Motor few weeks ago....just came back from there...but no pic allowed

22. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    nice...good to know there will be one in Malaysia.....there used to be an F50 in Penang...is it still around?

23. harmesh.s

harmesh.s Rookie

Jun 18, 2014
    Hello Guys,

I am finally pulling a trigger on a 2008 430 with 13k on it, i have some questions (sorry Noob here)

1. what kind of cost of maintenance that i should expect annually?
    2. do you know any reliable service center apart from Naza ?
    3. anything of importance i should know?

Thank you in advance guys!

24. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia

harmesh,

around 2k++ for annual oil change at NI.
    besides that, keep aside another 2k for misc. you might or might not need it. this misc amount can also vary drastically depending on the condition of your car.
    the 360/430 forum here is your best friend.......anything and everything you need to know is there.....get a PPI done...check on the clutch wear and compression of the cylinders.

25. harmesh.s

harmesh.s Rookie

Jun 18, 2014
    Thanks for the information, getting it sorted out.