Are 50k TR's in our near future?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Are 50k TR's in our near future??

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gsworld2014, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    If they hit $50K - even if not in perfect shape, I'm in. Maybe one for me, and one for my adult son.

Someday, regardless of price, there will be a white TR in my garage!

Until then, I'll drive my Mondial Coupe- which in it's own way is sort of a "mini-TR".

Sid

P.S - I love that Mondial Coupe. When I get my TR, the Mondial still stays with me!

2. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    If that makes you feel better Daniel

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #103 paulchua, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Greed pricing? Super_dave, what insight do you have that Jason (CornellCars) doesn't have?

So the majority of the 200 people that bought a Ferrari in cash with Jason were just nothing but 'greedy' Ferrari owners? You hear that ttforcefed? Why you so greedy man!!!?

How about a third scenario: buy a car because you like it and not obsesses about the price or the direction it will go? Let alone frequent chat boards to be critical of those said buyers.

Nobody is saying the OP should be banned or not allowed to post. Super_dave you can't have it both ways. You can't espouse the marketplace of ideas and in the same breath caveat it by arguing you shouldn't have sharp disagreements. Keep in mind, I have not seen anybody not open to the possibility that we are in an elevated price environment, only exasperation on folks that took no action when they *were* 50K all day long, take no *action* now - when you can still find deals on 'drivers', and by all accounts don't plan to take action if they *did* go back down to 50K.

It seems this cohort (of non-owners) loves telling people that actually own TRs what/how/why it is bad/wrong and the impending price doom that awaits them.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Greg,

See the post above, and you'll get why it's a bit of a touchy subject. There is a cohort that frequent FerrariChat that basically spend all their time putting down TR/Ferrari owners. Calling them greedy, pigs, speculators, non-enthusiasts, and often wishing them financial ruin. Just peruse some of the older valuation threads and you'll get an idea.

By no means am I implying that you are one of these folks. Just that it's very sensitive since it's sometimes hard to distinguish between sincere queries vs empty pontifications based on envy and malice.

Cheers

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how many ferraris have you bought and sold? Which ones do you have today?

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #106 paulchua, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    you might have to wait awhile...many people have asked him, Super_dave likes to keep it 'secret' or outright lie.

I believe there exists a group that share the same mental hitch in regards to bubbles, an infatuation with any run-up in equity. My thesis is the group were burned badly by the last bubble (or maybe even the last 2 or 3) Combine this deep hole in their psyche with their inherent malice and envy on those more fortunate than them, and you get the toxicity.

One can espouse their pseudo-intellectual authority and at the same time put down those that they are envious of. They wrap themselves in a new enlightened self with their 'original' and 'groundbreaking' talk of bubbles (wow I never hard of that before), to cover the errors of previous dogmas (It wouldn't surprise me of this group was the most vehement believers in the 'it will never go down' real estate boom of 06' and dot-coms in 99)

How else can you explain the desire that fellow members are harmed, especially if one does not gain in any way from their misfortune? (say like shorting a stock)

It's very close in the same mental demons you see with consistent conspiracy theorists.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Um....did I write anything offensive to deserve a CHICKEN SH&^%T response from you?

If it makes me feel better....you Dumb _)*&^^% ss,

It's just my opinion, not to make me feel better............just of the tr market.

If you have nothing good to say. SHUT THE F UP.

GO AWAY, AND PLEASE DON'T COME BACK

Ya, and my user name is my name.
    Daniel G.
    G is for Giannini.

Please do not call me Daniel

It's Mr. Giannini to you.

8. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    $50k Testarossa's? Umm, yeah.. Right. Default clause < whatever dude >

9. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    IMHO, TR's were undervalued for a long time. Combine that with the fact that the TR was one of three supercars on bedroom walls during the 80's and they have corrected to the demand of buyers in their prime money making years. Porsche 930, Countach and Testarossa......all jumped to the appropriate level. Diablos will probably see another sizable jump in the next (now) to 7 years.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +1

11. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S

12. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    #112 gsworld2014, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Daniel
    Alrighty then chat room tough guy you need to chill out. I'm not really intimidated by tough talk. Calling me names doesn't do a thing. You seem very weak minded.. You would not talk so tough if you weren't behind your computer. Relax yourself this is a Ferrari discussion

And I can comment all I want and you can't do anything about! So act accordingly.

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    If your real last name is Giannini you should be embarrassed by your actions on that post.

14. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I'm very disappointed in this section of the chat. It amazes me that adult people when they disagree insult and scorn anyone with a different opinion.

I'm a younger guy in Ferrari circles (I am a FCA member) and this is the first time I have seen people in the Ferrari world act like this. Anyone reading this would never want to be part of it if they read this. It's Terrible. Especially from people I assume are intelligent people.

That's my piece and although tempted to not comment any more I won't be intimidated by ignorant comments

15. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I remember having to stand on my head to get $50k for my beautiful blk/blk 91 TR with 2 sets of wheels, books, records and service, and 20k miles. This was 2008 or so

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Some people only want to hear about prices going up. Which may point to their motivations in buying these cars. Seems some people get really upset with cyclical downturns.

Facts are the car market is cyclical, and like any other market gets overdone.

My BBi was probably "worth" 350K, and many thought they were going over 400K.
    Now maybe they are 250k or 300k if you really want to sell or we saw one go for 350k recently. I also see a lot advertised in the 350-400k range which I think is reaching these days, but may have been a price if the market kept rising.

I lived for 20 years with the car hovering between 80-110k, and in 25 years the car absorbed its purchase price and more in maintance costs.. Now I am happy that they are 250k or 300 or whatever, ie that they have broken out of the used car unapreciated doldrums and are becoming a thing. In some ways its pity too, as now that they are collectors pieces so few get driven in anger, and insurance is more. In any event I have 25 years of entertainment probably for free, and thats pretty good going, not what I expected or planed for, but a nice bonus, nothing more.

Its nice to have a car that has appreciated, whetehr that appreciation is to 250k or 350k is irrelevant, those numbers are just stops along the way to 500k, and yes there will be declines along the way..

If i had a TR I would be happy that they appreciated from 80-125K or whatever numbers you choose, they went up. If they settle back a little so what, the numbers now are also just waystaions for any long term enthusiast owner.
    The good part is the TR has broken out of the old used ferrari doldrums and moved towards classic status as it should. That means the longer you own one the more it will be worth, even if there are short term setbacks.

For those who bought at 130k thinkign they would appreciate every year all I can say is I hope you bought the car to enjoy driving, if you drive and enjoy over time its not going to go down, even if it does now. If you bought as an investment I feel nothign for you, buying cars you, dont drive or hardly drive to apprciate, go buy somethign else and stop debasing the car hobby.

Seriously for any long term owner enthusiast you have a great car, and over time its sure to appreciate.

For someone thinking of a testarossa, the next year or two may be a great time to buy as prices are off peak.

Someone offered me a 22k mile one asking 120k. Even though I need another car like a hole in the head, at 80k you cant go wrong. If the price gets there I am in, just because one would be a fool not to..

17. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Well said

18. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Sean, I was just told the ex - Foyt boxer just sold last weekend for $440k all in. Just a recent data point if you choose.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    come on really now - there have been dozens of bubble/market threads you cld have posted in - for whatever reason you were eager to throw sand and you got called out.

you have had and have zero interest in buying a TR - your post was ridiculous and by the time you figured you were so wrong it was too late to delete it.

I haven't sold any cars - I bought them because I love them.

ive stated many times I do think the whole world is going to ****.

Cars are not an idiosyncratic bubble - they aren't subprime.

The TRs that traded this month were good healthy results.

the OP said the auction results were not pretty - id still like to understand what TR data points he is referring to

20. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Your exactly one of the ones I'm disappointed in...there have def not been dozens of pricing threads I have posted in. Check my profile I post mostly in 430 matters.. The market for the old ones are fascinating to me so I post on what I like.

I do not take back my post but as I stated before I was talking about all the auction results... They were not hitting estimates. If you look at the time of my post only one TR went through at that time..

You like to try to bully but it's ok.. I like that stuff I grew up setting people like you straight . Continue on you are "the smartest person in the room" I'm sure at every venue. I see your posts in the 430 section. Same thing you think you know everything

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  22. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    If that is the case why are you so mad??? Very said.... I'm sorry to come play in your sand box but you don't get to dictate who plays here

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    show me the posts where I'm a bully

24. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I'm done with you. Go read your own posts, figure it out. If you can't figure it out it's worse than I thought.

I'm good. You like Ferraris, I like Ferraris. End of story. Have a good night.

Enjoy your car! Don't worry about the value and go drive!! Might make you a nicer person. We are very fortunate to get to play with these toys!! Act accordingly.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no shot - you called me a bully - substantiate it