Are 50k TR's in our near future?? | FerrariChat

Are 50k TR's in our near future??

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gsworld2014, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    What happened to the auction prices today?? Not pretty...

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    They have been a little lite I know the boxers several 512!bb and bbi all went lite if they even sold all bid in I low to mid 300 range like 320to 350 from what I saw

3. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    I think this is the natural result of faltering equity markets and a likely bear market/recession globally for 2016.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #4 ttforcefed, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    I'm confused by some of these posts - how many trillions were lost in global equity markets in January? I'm in shock things weren't much worse. wrt to this subforum, the silver testarossa went for 154 without fees, the 93 512tr went 225 without fees, and the yellow 512M which had prior rust issues and 20+k miles sold 330k without fees (someone pls correct these numbers if they are inaccurate)

a few years ago those were 50k, 60k, 80k, cars respectively no?

if the entry level price for a testarossa was 50k, its now about 150k.

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Just another new dreamer, poster waiting for 50k testarossa's again, not realizing that if a good Testarossa comes back to selling for 50k again, they probably won't have a job, or Internet access to post back in here that they were right in predicting it :D

6. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    #6 stardoc, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Not sure if OP is trolling with all due respect. Is a 5000 Dow in our future (maybe), but highly unlikely barring catastrophic events. TR prices have been holding reasonably firm following a parabolic rise. I'm currently selling my '89 TR and not having trouble fielding interested parties at my asking.

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Bingo.

The price fluctuates just like everything else. Is it at it's high? Duh...NO. Will they sink to 50?

Duh...no again. Not unless we have far worse things to think about.

Oh and really good TRs never sold at 50.

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Can't predict the future, but a very good (not concours) 21k mile 87 Testa sold for 215k USD equivalent (150k GBP) in London last week.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I don't remember where exactly testarossa's got down to but I thought they were about 25 to 30k less than 512trs which I know got down to the low 80s because that's where I bought my 94 512tr.

10. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Lol well I`ve just traded my `86 Testarossa and I think values are going to absolutely....
    ROCKET!

The amount of interest I got was insane, considering I advertised it about 10 minutes b4 Christmas (ok bit of an exaggeration but u Know what I mean).

I could have sold it at 90K GBP a dozen times. OK it was a rare RHD UK flying mirror - but bearing in mind it was nice but not mint and 65,000 miles I think that says it all about Testarossa values (in the UK at least).

I admit there does seem to be some stagnation in the market due to some sellers (private and trade) wanting ridiculously speculative prices way ahead of the game - and on the other side typical tight Brit buyers who think you are desperate and can get one for peanuts, instead of jumping on a bargain in the first place. Without doubt they will have to pay more a few months down the line for one.

That happens at all levels of the market though and the fact is that if I had of been asking anything over 50K a couple of years ago with that mileage I probably wouldn`t have got a single enquiry.

A trade worked out best for me this time though and one lucky guy got probably the last sub 100K UK flying mirror car as he had just the type of Diablo project I wanted and was willing to work out a sensible deal with me.

So Testarossa`s are in demand!

Even though I haven`t got one any more it`s obvious 80`s stuff is getting more popular by the day and they`re going to get more and more sought after.

Anyway if the market did collapse it would surely be the 50`s and 60`s stuff that would drop the most as the majority of people who want that era of car have probably already bought one.

Don`t shout at me if I`m wrong ofc - it`s just the way it looks to me and and plenty of enthusiasts I talk to.

Oh sorry I will do a seperate leaving thread!

Bye for now.

Dom.

11. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Seems there is a group that really get upset with prices going down.. Don't get upset! It has happened multiple times since I have been watching Ferrari prices. I'm sorry guys but a 80's TR is a nice car but it wasn't very limited in production, in the Ferrari world. I hope they do not go to 50k but this isn't an impossibility.

Go look at the vintage chat posts that show the history of the classic F cars, or even look at MICHAEL Sheehan's site... The prices fluctuate... Not a big deal these cars are to drive not invest in. I Believe that's the issue now, too many speculators.. Do I think a TR is a 50k car, no. But also do not think its a 200k car.

12. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Panic will set in.. Too many investors and dealers holding 80's exotics in general...

13. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003

you missed the boat....

talk is cheap

rgds,
    vincenzo

14. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Not really but it's fun to see the TR crew get upset... I hope all of you just enjoy having your cars and driving them, not looking for a retirement fund.

👍🏻👍🏻

15. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Nah not really left the boat.. TR is nice but it drives like an 80's car, I prefer my car!

16. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Just pointing out the weakness in the market... Unless all these folks want to sell there TR I don't know why everyone would get so upset lol, just posing the question.

Instead of logic I see posts like "talk is cheap". lol. What does that even mean in regards to this?? I don't think I insulted anyone by posing the question will the market tumble?

If TRs are 50k the economy doesn't have to fall apart.. My economy was fine in 2010 when they were at that price...

Would I buy one at 50k? No if I wanted one I would have one.

17. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sure, I saw them sell for less than 50 but never a decent car. 512s were low 80s but not with a 25g price differential. Cheapest great TR I ever saw was 65. 50g TRs needed 25gs in work.

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  19. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
  20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You know my point exactly .... Have fun !

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if you had no interest in them when they were 50k and you have no interest in them at todays prices why did you create this thread? were you looking to stir up a reaction? that is trolling.

what prices weren't pretty - care to be more specific? I mentioned 3 testarossas that traded, none near 50k or even 100k

pls substantiate or OP and shed wisdom and enlightenment on all of us morons who are actually owners. thanks

22. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Don`t think we get upset over prices - just passionate about the Testarossa and always will be :)

OK I know technically no big deal - people get passionate about all sorts of odd ball cars - but the Testarossa was such a household name in the 80`s - I mean literally just about anyone`s Granny knew what a Testarossa was back then - I doubt you can say the same about Veyrons, F1`s, Enzo`s etc., through the ages.

It just deserves to be worth so more relative to other stuff.

Definitely agree they were meant to be driven - but equally so nice just to look at!

Dom.

23. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  25. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Wow you are very angry tt.. I just asked a question. Don't get your panties in a bunch.. No one said anyone was a moron. I didn't say I was going enlighten anyone with any wisdom, just asked a question and gave my opinion...

The fact that most of the f cars did not get close to the estimates is not pretty no matter how you want to paint it. Same happened with the Porsches

I never said I have no interest in TR, just said I wouldn't buy one, there are other cars I would buy before a TR. I love all Ferraris I have been since I was 5. I don't think there is one that I do not like...

Relax!