400i/412 Collectibles/memorabilia | Page 4 | FerrariChat

400i/412 Collectibles/memorabilia

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Aug 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    A different office look. Do you bill clients while they are lookin at the cars?😉

2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #77 OttoB, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #78 OttoB, Dec 30, 2015
    gt4me likes this.
  4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I see he's taking center stage :D

5. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Winner, winner - Chicken Dinner! Happy New Year's to all and God Bless!

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #81 OttoB, Mar 22, 2016
    I picked this up a while back, but its more like a work of art than anything else... Hand made and they vary in size - very, very cool! As a matter of fact, a life-sized replica was commissioned by an individual and done at a shop that has its car show on the Velocity Channel - Fantomworks - and if you missed that particular episode, which summarized the entire build that took well over a year to complete within a single one hour episode, here's a link, although its lacking details:

1953 Timossi-Ferrari Racing Hydroplane | FantomWorks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    That looks great.

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    That is just great!

9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #84 OttoB, Jul 6, 2016
    So, as you can see within this thread, I have somewhat of a small interest in diecast models because heck, if you cannot afford having the real thing, then these (serious) toys for me are the next best thing!

I have always enjoyed the look of race cars, or cars modified to look (and go) fast! The Ferrari 308 was perhaps the first Ferrari I recognized as a child being a 'special' type of car from the tv show Magnum, PI. However, a couple of decades later when I saw the Top Gear episode where a minivan left a 308 in the dust at a racetrack, that pretty much sealed the deal in me thinking that I wanted one. That's until one day, checking out the The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer website, I found these guys out of Finland:

Cars for sale - MAT

This one 308 really caught my attention, as I have always admired the Lancia Stratos Rally car in its glory days:

1980 Ferrari 308 GTB Group 4 Historic rally car # F106AB*29827 - MAT

So, I contacted my hobby enthusiast model maker in Germany and 4 months later, we designed and built the world's first 1/18 scale Ferrari 308 Rally car prototype by using the wheels, foglamps, headlamps, mud flaps, and antenna from a Lancia Stratos model, then building a race car interior, and finally combining it with the body of a 308! My model maker then custom made rear flairs as well as painted the car and made custom decals!

The result speaks for itself! I'm very happy to have this one in my collection and it sticks out of the 100's other models that I have!

10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Okay... so 46567 is not powered by a V-12, but it does not make it any less enjoyable to drive in my humble opinion. I do, though, drive on a daily basis my V-12 E31 BMW 850!

Although neither car is stick shift, I thought it would be cool to purchase a 5-speed shift knob that would have come on our cars simply as decoration. So, I picked one up on the cheap from eBay belonging to a Fiat, I believe. But, because I spent many a miles in anger on a friend's 550 Maranello years ago, I am also familiar with the polished aluminum shift knob that particular car came with. So... I bought one of those as well! Together with the removed cavallino (too large) from the rear tail light section of my car, I think they make cool decoration pieces at my place.

Anyone picked up something Ferrari related recently for decorative purposes?

11. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    dedo tanzi and Schumi like this.
  12. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I got these as a gift not too long ago... At first, I was a little hesitant on wearing them given that there are those out and about who resent Ferrari owners without knowing anything else about them... But, once I wore them the first time around town, I got a few compliments and have worn them a couple of more times since with no issues. Anyone else has something Ferrari related that is pretty cool or different they would like to share?

Attached Files:

Il Tifoso likes this.
  13. Cdcasarella

Cdcasarella Rookie

Apr 29, 2016
    pound ridge ,ny
    Full Name:
    charles casarella
    look on amazon, purchased a silver 412 last year

14. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Charles... if you take a look at Page 3 of this thread, you will find my collection of all 1/43 Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2/400/412, which I can comfortably say is the largest one in the world as to the amount of different models - unless someone tells me otherwise?

Although I genuinely appreciate your advice based on your purchase, the quote you responded to was from many years ago! Recently, a new/different model was offered on eBay consisting of a 1/43 scale tow/service truck with a 365 mounted on it that I discovered in Erwin's blog. I promptly made the seller an offer which he refused. About 3-4 weeks later with zero bids, he lowered the price to almost the same exact offer I made him. The listing was eventually removed (not sold, no bids) and I did not bother following up with the seller. I have spare models and can purchase any 1/43 tow truck to make it look the same for next to nothing. However, I am content with my collection and this tow truck isn't specific to the model anyway.

If anyone comes across a 1/43 scale car of these types of models that is not duplicative of what I already have (limo, cabriolet, concept car, estate, pick up truck, etc.), I would certainly welcome a private message to notify me of the listing. Sharing is caring and thanks again, Charles!

Il Tifoso and Jasonberkeley like this.
  15. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    That is a cool item!

16. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Reminds me of a pic a took earlier this week as I was getting a tow to a shop, albeit with a way less cooler tow truck!

Ruben

Jasonberkeley and erwin123 like this.
  17. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Now that I have shed a few other cars off the stable, 46567 and its big Italian brother from the same year have gotten more of my attention. So... I expanded just a little bit on my Ferrari-only 1/64 collection. The case below holds 144 cars, and above it, I have 2 of my all-time favorite racing Ferrari's in 1/43 scale sitting a in a transporter. There is a wide variety in the manufacturers of the cars, although most are from Kyosho with the rest comprising of offerings from DyDo, Hot Wheels, Lesney, Tomica, Majorette, Matchbox, Bburago, Corgi, Polistil, as well as Aurora and Tyco slot cars. I have room for 5 more which can be filled down the road when newer ones come out as my preference always has been for older cars/models.

Does anyone else have a 1/64, 1/43 or 1/18 collection of Ferrari cars?

18. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    OH YEAH! 168 of................................and a Bug.
    There are some VW derivatives under the 1:18's but I didn't want to pollute the thread!

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well the bulk of my collection is 1:18, with the smaller scales getting one shelf, but it's FIVE full sized bookcases, so I won't bore you with pictures, right now.

Great thread......

20. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    What about now, Bubba? Is now a good time and all to post pics of your 'little' toy collection?

21. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #96 OttoB, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Wow - talk about an old thread... But, I cannot be the only one that every now and then keeps their eye out for something related to our cars which hopefully, is cool ;)

On eBay, which is my preferred hunting ground for all things 400i, I found this first poster from 1979... I thought it might have been a true find when checking with Erwin, but alas - he had me beat on having found one years prior! I have all the F1 cars in 1/18 scale - and every model of Ferrari ever made in 1/64 scale (if we count the 412 as the representative for the 400 and preceding 365 gt4 2+2).

The second poster appears to be from perhaps 1990, judging from both the Testarossa and the F40? I found that one by happenstance on OfferUp of all places! I have both them them framed but being that these remarkable posters do not impress Mrs. Bergés' idea of proper home decor, I cannot tell you where I keep them (but they are up) :)

Attached Files:

Ak Jim likes this.
  22. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
  23. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Gary - I'd love to have that engine print. Where can I get one?

24. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I believe it was Erwin last year (or?) who indicated that a model company was going ahead with the production of a 1/18 scale version of the 400/400i/412 - which, to my knowledge, has not been before. I posted pics above within this thread as to my extensive 1/43 collection and uncertain there are any other versions of our cars made into models available that I can supplement it with. So, I got tired of waiting for the 1/18 scale to appear and went ahead and bought this beautiful 1/18 365 GT4 2+2 off eBay for a very modest price and it looks pretty cool sitting at my office along with others that I have accumulated over the years.

They make this model in a few other colors, and goes along with my 1/64 and 1/43 scaled versions. If you fancy one, I recommend it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso and Schumi like this.
  25. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hey Otto, that looks great. Who’s the manufacturer?