US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace | Page 4 | FerrariChat

US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace

Discussion in '612/599' started by tortesq1, Sep 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I don't think there is a hard and fast rule for what should be considered "delivery miles" although in my mind most delivery mileage cars have under 100 miles on the odometer. Is 193 crazy low mileage ? Absolutely unequivocally it is extremely low mileage. Maybe anything under 200 miles on the odometer should be labeled delivery mileage. The reason I didn't point out the F of Seattle GTO in this US spec GTO thread has nothing to do with the mileage. Rather, it is because the F of Seattle GTO is not a US spec GTO and is originally a Canadian sourced GTO (at least according to car fax). Whether it is a plus that a GTO is originally sourced as US spec and not converted from someplace else to US spec is subject to debate. Ultimately, a converted Canadian car is truly a duplicate of a US spec GTO, but years down the road whether the GTO was originally US spec (or not) might adversely affect its value). I was just trying to keep the thread on US spec cars. I think a good example of this is by looking at the value of the 200 or so US spec F40's vs. 1100+ ROW F40's. The US spec F40's command a premium to US purchasers. Not commenting on which car is better (most say the lighter non-cat non-trick suspension Euro F40's are the best) just pointing out that to a US buyer a US specced GTO will have the advantage. Obviously if you are in a place like Europe a US spec GTO might be a disadvantage as things like the seats or roll cage are different (to wit, the US spec car has no Euro racing seats and no roll cage). This is what happens when you ask a lawyer a yes or no question - lol.

2. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Wow this is interesting. Ill be looking forward to more info once you have it.

3. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Any more info you can share?

4. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
  5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
  6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
  7. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    I asked the dealer regarding the track package (i.e. spoiler and winglets) when it came out and the parts manager told me at the time it is not legal for the street. It does look bad ass though.

8. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    It's simply Nero. It's standard black Alcantara. Yes it is US spec. The kit was installed after post factory, but it is the full factory GTO aero kit

Actually, it's not illegal. It was illegal for US dealers/FNA to sell the kit direct to customers as it was never crash tested and thus was never certified to be sold by Ferrari in the US. However, the kit is not illegal to have on the car at all. There was no reason to try to get the kit crash certified as Ferrari never expected to sell very many kits, as an example this kit is serial number 3.

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Track pack looks so good. Personally I'd get rid of the winglets and add 599XX mirrors instead ;).

10. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    First nero US spec GTO for sale in a year (no racing livery) and first GTO with the full factory aero track package for sale in US EVER (to my knowledge). Definitely a rare GTO to see in the US. Its also a sexy SOB !

11. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California

12. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Agree … that does look great. Mean GTO indeed.

13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  14. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I've always liked the GTO in Argento Nürburg … classy and sporty at the same time.

15. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    My old car. Really a beautiful spec.

16. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    $800K is decent number, I'm very sure next year will be nearly $ 1 million or more. I was wondering why US price for GTO are still lower than European price

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    A little thread Jacking

@ American owners : If you could , would you have ordered the Euro/scuderia Style Seats ?

I love them so much , especially in full alcantara like on this car :

Ferrari 599 - Hoefnagels Exclusieve Auto's

18. HKE46Boy

HKE46Boy Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    RENN Spec
  19. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
  20. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Nice car. RM says 125 GTO's were imported into the US? We know (speculated) total production was nearer 800 but even so, what is the US of global sales? RHD UK GTOs number between 60-80, which fits with UK generally being 10% of WW Ferrari sales. RM must be way out?

21. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I believe this is the first auction in the US of a US spec GTO. I guess 5 years was enough post model year. Will be interesting to see what it gets. The $750K low seems reasonable when adding in the premium.

22. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Camlet this is NOT directed at you but at the myth that some would like to solidify, erroneosly I might add, into Ferrari lore. I can't fathom entertaining the speculation that abounds (only on the F12 list) as to the GTO production numbers. At this point all I can say is that it is truly extraordinary how such truly brilliant minds can speculate ad nauseum over an issue that will never be resolved without hard empirical data. Carbon, our resident VIN collector, has indicated that he has seen about 300+ GTO VINs while collecting 120 or so SA VINs. There is clearly quantitative data that there were 120+ SAs produced but no such data with respect to the GTO. The bottom line is that without VIN or Maranello verification as to production numbers all you have is utter blatant speculation. TDF owners want to assume that there were many more GTOs produced when the market was down and Ferrari was privately owned yet because Ferrari is now a public company the TDF production numbers are accurate. Candidly - who really knows. I am just truly repulsed by the constant GTO production quantity bashing by the F12 list and now the new TDF owners. It's truly unfortunate that whether the car you love had 599 produced or 799 produced is such a monumental issue. I rarely fall prey to such arguments but just thought that, at least on the 599 board, I don't need to perpetuate such BS. How about this - I heard from a very good source at Ferrari North America that less than 600 GTOs were produced because of the bad market in 2010 but that the TDF will have a production of approx. 1000+ units because of the massive demand from China, Russia and South America and the improving economy in the US. Guess it's time to start counting those VINs !

23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I think production numbers is always an emotive topic, irrespective of the model being debated.

The key thing is nobody but Ferrari has the definitive answer as to how many GTO's were made, so any number is pure speculation. As Camlet eludes to its actually easier to determine RHD production of the GTO by virtue the RHD markets are far fewer, this is reflected in the rather large disparity between the values of RHD GTO's and LHD GTO's. A person I know fairly well in London has reputedly been offered GBP1 mil for his GTO.

Point being production figures appear to have very little effect on perceived value, number of LHD and RHD examples do seem to impact values.

24. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Indeed, as well as number of examples available at any given time. Seems more cars are currently on the market than even a few months ago?