Pre-War Historic Mille Miglia Veteran | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pre-War Historic Mille Miglia Veteran

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by deichenb, Dec 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #26 TTR, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Dear Cargirl, with all due respect, you might want to ask mods to remove your last post (#25) ?
    Timo

2. Cargirl_

Cargirl_ Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 31, 2008
    Media PA
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    #27 Cargirl_, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    ??? Really? With all due respect let's not take ourselves quite so seriously. This has been a great and informative thread on a prewar car. Really enjoyed it.

Perhaps the Chrysler will make its way back to the states again ... Good luck with the sale and

Merry Christmas Everyone!

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Merry Christmas to you too ! :)

4. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    The catalog is out for RM Paris! Good looking intimate sale with with several remarkable lots, including this Chrysler.

5. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #31 TTR, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    David.
    Just saw the sale result for this. While the price might seem like a lot for a pre-war Chrysler, considering the quality this particular car appears to offer, I think it was an excellent buy and value. Congratulations to both you and the new owner.
    Also, just out of curiosity and if you by chance know or care to share, is the car staying in Europe or....?
    Timo

7. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi Timo - thank you for your compliments on the result! I am pleased with the hammer and believe it was a fair price for both sides. Regrettably I did not have a chance to meet the successful bidder. He was a younger man, and seated in a reserved section of the room. Since the car was bought "in the room," my bet is it is remaining in be EU. The vast majority of the auction attendees were not American. I am available to the new owner, of course, should he care to contact me.

Thank you again, David

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks David, for your reply. Makes sense. I hope the new owner gets as much enjoyment out of driving the car as you did.

Having myself perfomed numerous complete restorations on variety of vintage vehicles and always putting as much emphasis on practical driving and using capabilities as to aesthetics and details, it sometimes saddens me to see my work ending up in "static display" collections or museums with occasional outings reduced to enclosed transporting to-and-from show fields.

There has been some exceptions, though, like a job many years ago when I had to take over a full restoration started by another shop and gone every which way but right.
    Not only I had to re-do almost all previous work on this 1961 Imperial convertible, loaded with just about every factory option available at the time, the Swiss owner expected it to look and feel like a brand new car and also that EVERYTHING from the factory A/C or Cruise Control and automatically dimming head lights or rear view mirror, etc to every possible power assisted feature to work as intended.
    Intended maiden voyage was nothing less than road trip from L.A. area to N.Y.C. via Chicago, etc by the owner accompanied by three of his friends from Switzerland.
    Worst for me was that due to their over a month earlier than originally agreed arrival, I had no time to fully test everything and was forced to frantically finish the car with almost around-the-clock work for last few weeks, yet to hear owner voicing a complaints about being forced to "waste" two of their vacation days waiting for the car not being ready.
    In the end, though, I did receive that comforting call from N.Y.C. couple of weeks later confirming their safe and (car) trouble-free arrival there.

Best,
    Timo

9. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    The 1961 Imperial... Those tail fins... Those headlight... A worthy car for a soup-to-nuts restoration. Lots of 1960's technology to restore there! Congrats on a job well done.

10. Patrick De

Patrick De Rookie

Apr 10, 2017
    Hi David,
    As I am looking to buy a Chrysler 75 roadster for participating Peking to Paris 2019 and other endurance rallies, I have found this chat.
    You know already who has bought it? I have seen that one 75 is accepted in MM 2017.
    Do you know where I can find a 75? Condition of the car is not important, we can restore it ourselves if necessary.
    In Europe, I barely find something.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    PS. I see that one 75 is accepted for the MM. Is it yours?

11. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    #36 craterface, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    PM sent

contact gpsclassic.it for more info on deichenb's 75; it is for sale