INSTRUMENT CLUSTER NOT WORKING | FerrariChat

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER NOT WORKING

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by GWB, Dec 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GWB

GWB Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Gavin Britz
    I jumped started my 575 and the instrument cluster is no longer working. Any ideas

2. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Have you checked the fuse panel?

3. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Jump starts in general can cause voltage peaks that can damage electronics, especially if your battery is faulty or drained extremely deeply. How was the jump start performed? Another car, a second battery, or a jump start machine? Some older jump start equipment is dangerous to modern electronics.

What caused the battery drain? Is the battery itself faulty?
    Also a battery once it has been fully drained even once, is more often than not damaged afterwards - if it wasn't bad already you should consider replacing it. This is one of the items where money is never wrongly spent. Do not buy an expensive one, unless you go for the gel types it won't bring much benefit.

You can try to disconnect the battery entirely for a few minutes and reconnect. I believe on a 575 this does mean you will need to do the reset procedure.

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Do you mean the gauges are not working? or do you mean the instrument panel is not lighting up?
    575's do have an issue with the panel not lighting up.
    The panel is back lit with a fiber optic light, control board and transformer.
    Rod from Francorchamps of America can repair these clusters.

5. DrJan

DrJan Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2015
    Grand Cayman
    Full Name:
    Dr Jan P
    My own instrument cluster is with them.
    Discharged the battery in about 10 days.

Cheaper than buying a new instrument cluster (I hope!)

6. GWB

GWB Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Gavin Britz
    Instrument panel not lighting up. I jumped using another car. When I pull the handbrake it does light up that icon.