Online spreadsheet - PLEASE ADD YOUR CARS !!! | FerrariChat

Online spreadsheet - PLEASE ADD YOUR CARS !!!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rustytractor, Dec 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    In case you've missed the thread where this began I've started a basic, online spreadsheet so we can document how many 365/400/400i/412 we have between the members on the forum. This started out as a great thread where everyone was adding theirs cars to the thread but entries were getting lost and the whole thing would be hard to analyse or get any statistical data from.

The link to the spreadsheet is:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LKY/edit#gid=0

The link to the thread where it began is:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/507637-how-many-365-400-400i-412-owners-here.html

There's an explanation of how to input data in the other thread, if anyone isn't clear or needs help or has a good idea to improve this just post your query here or email me on [email protected].

If anyone can do this better please feel free as I'm no expert here - trust me, I won't be offended in any way if someone does this properly.

2. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    I can't get the link to the spreadsheet to work though the link does still work in the old thread.

3. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
  4. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Entered mine but may I suggest you add a column for LHD/RHD

5. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Good idea - I've just added that. The problem is that everyone that's already input their data needs to amend their record. There should also be columns for convertible and their coachbuilder.

Even now some records are incomplete with no F-Chat username or owner name (record 6 has neither, nor any location data so the owner is totally anonymous which isn't really the idea as we want to build up a geographic profile if possible).

6. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Doh, somehow my details got deleted, reinstated now.
    David

7. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    added mine

8. Deschbr

Deschbr Rookie

Nov 30, 2013
    Ottawa (Canada)
    #8 Deschbr, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Wouldn't it be great if everyone added their cars so we could get a true picture of who/what/where/how many !

Any suggestions as to other fields to add ? I think I'll add a convertible field (complete all fields in the record but also put "1" in the "Convertible" box if you have one) and I'll also add a "Coachbuilder" record - the problem here is that the Coachbuilder's name will need to be typed in and everyone spell things differently which will make it harderer to analyse.

I'm not having a pop at anyone but I've noticed that people are typing different names in some fields, the country for example. Our mentally challenged brethren from down under tend to put things like "Aussie" instead of Australia. Although I understand why, it will make filtering and extracting data less easy so it's better if we all use the full and correct country name. Even using upper and lower case will affect this.

The proper way to do this list is for fields where a selection is involved is for the field to have a pull down list - for example clicking "Country" should provide a drop down box with all the countries and you select your country. This is the proper way to do this for all fields as it removes the variable of typos, missed entries in boxes etc altogether but I'm not clever enough to do this. I can get it done and the end result would be exactly what we need but as I mentioned there would be a cost involved.

10. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Ok, who's the anonymous speadsheet guru who's modifying the spreadsheet as I type ???

I knew you were out there - lurking somewhere like a supehero in the shadows, waiting to pounce and show us all how to do this properly.

Maybe you should stay anonymous, watching the threadsto see who suggests how to improve this and then BAM, POW, KERSPLAT - you come to the rescue and safe the day.

God bless you F-Chatman, god bless you.......

11. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I feel like we are building something really great !
    I've tried to help, now the key is VIN #.

Open the file
    Enter VIN
    Select Model (dropdown list if you click on the small arrowdown)
    Convertible (Yes/no dropdown)
    Transmission (Manual Automatic dropdown)

Also added borders and some colors... hope you like it, we can go back anytime

Last but not least, on the first line (in red) I have added selection: click on the arrow and select what you wanna see... for ex, on Model you can select to see 365 only... or 365/400 only (carbs !)... etc

Please feel free to say you hate it :) I'll go back to the "rusty" version...

Cheers, Marco

12. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Not a superhero... not even a hero... just a FChatter... hope you like it Russel, glad to be at your disposal for any further enhancement !!!

PS did you noticed that my 365 seems to be the eldest Lady ? should I hide her age :) ?

13. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Personally I am also interested in engine number...but I realise that most people won't know it without checking under the bonnet and I don't want owners to not input their car details just because they don't have the engine number to hand.
    Country originally supplied to is also interesting (US cars in the main would have been supplied through a European dealer).
    Owners should include the information they have readily available and wish to share, and can always add to the spreadsheet later on.

14. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Marco, you're a superhero in my eyes.

I thought the idea was good but lacked all but the most basic skills that allowed me to set it up. You're doing exactly what's required and I for one am more than happy (and very grateful) for your efforts.

And old lady's deserve respect and admiration, especially the ones that are well kept and look great for their age !

If this works properly we will all benefit from the knowledge provided - who knows where this will lead.

Well done my friend !

15. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Mentally challenged perhaps..............................................................................

just don't mention the rugby world cup.....EH!!

16. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    And I won't mention The Ashes...

17. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Hold on there - I was being funny, you're just being plain nasty.

I'm gonna tell my mum AND I'm not playing with you any more.

SO THERE !!!

18. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    whereas you're my bestest friend now

19. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    I added 63839 to the spreadsheet even though it is not mine. It was the 412 I saw at Hershey in October and sent in a few shots. It really was a nice looking car, inside, underneath and all around the outside. It is also a SN very close to my car (63463).

20. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    He won't be after Wayne(Tassie)adds all of his cars to the spreadsheet.....

21. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I find it really disturbing that in the sequential listing of VIN no.'s, my car follows 1983's and then, immediately after mine, are a few 1984's and then back to 1985's... Mine is unquestionably 46567 - anyone care to speculate? Is it possible that somehow, mine ought to be an '83 or '84???

Also, as of today's date, between this post and the other one related (they really ought to be combined!), there's over 2300 views, yet there have only been 53 of us to actually register our cars in the spreadsheet. Seems a bit off, no?

22. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Otto, I also noticed that about the VIN's on the spreadsheet...I also know there a few guys in this section who have been tracking vin #'s for quite awhile, and have a lot of data.

Perhaps in a day or two we will find out why your vin sits on the "other" side of a couple of '84 vins....hhmmmmm....weird..

Gary

55027 '85 400i

23. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    We are making good progress !

I've made some changes to try and improve :)

a) You'll find a new column in the Database, Engine # (I've just added mine)
    b) Click on the "VIN vs Model" tab to see a summary of how many cars were made (from FerrariClassiche)
    c) Go to the "Statistics" tab and you'll find a first go to some statistics regarding our register (as of today)

Hope this meets your needs, have a great day
    Marco

24. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    If you want I can give this exercise some publicity on my blog erwin400.blogspot.com And it can also be posted on the 365/400/412 FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8727831092/

But wider publicity might attrack unwanted individuals, not sure if that's desirable. Just let me know and I will be happy to give this wider attention.

25. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I moved the Convertible/Coachbuilder columns to the right as they seemed to be too prominent - and all were No/blank. Hope this is OK!