Pininfarina... | FerrariChat

Pininfarina...

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by vecchio59, Dec 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Nothing against our friends from India, just let me share my sadness, disappointment, concern for the sale, today, of Pininfarina to Mahindra.
    Pininfarina is the father of so many classic wonderful cars (and 365/400/412 among all), let's hope it will continue...
    We dont need any re-design or lifting of the Morris Ambassador

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

2. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    that is sad on one hand, but on the other hand, if they keep it in line with what they have done for Jaguar and LandRover, might be a good thing- the names, companies and employees are thriving.

3. vecchio59

vecchio59 Karting

Nov 25, 2011
    Savona, NW Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Agree, it will be a good thing IF they'll keep Pininfarina on a track of excellence.
    As a matter of fact, they saved Pininfarina after 10 years of deep troubles and this goes 100% to their merit... it's true (and sad) that nobody in Italy has been able to do that... so, welcome Mahindra !

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Which seems to be moving along in a positive direction, with new, innovative and interesting products (F-Type), I view this as a positive acquisition.

India has some of the best run, smartest corporations in the world. We could potentially see a major rejuvenation of Pininfarina.

Sid

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I met him while on tour. I remember one thing he said, 'hard to do business in Italy'

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day,

So far the market does not think so...or perhaps they are concerned or jittery? Pininfarina shares dropped 70% of their value once the deal was done:

Ferrari designer Pininfarina stock blasted after takeover announcement - Canadian Manufacturing

Cheers,

Sam

7. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    it will take time; the one thing I have to say about India and Indian business people, working with them in my business, they are very intelligent, can hunker down, do not make rash decisions and have huge potential behind them; India does need a design house for many many reason and their India made products. In regards to working with italians, and loving the people,the food and the country, mama mia what a mess!

8. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I think the Pinna designs are wonderful but the execution and workmanship leaves a lot to be desired. Some of the welding on my 400i was clearly sub'd out to Guido down the street. I've seen and heard other examples of sloppy welding and poor materials used. One of the posts used these words "Pininfarina on a track of excellence"; I disagree unless they are talking only about design.
    MHO
    Ken