How many F car owners in Inland Empire? | FerrariChat

How many F car owners in Inland Empire?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by maxvonauto, Nov 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxvonauto

maxvonauto Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2015
    Corona
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi guys,
    I'm seriously considering opening a Ferrari (and other high end euro car) performance, tuning and service/repair business in the Corona area. I'm a retired mechanical engineer with a automotive minor, a published automotive technical writer (Haynes Publications), and a certified ASE technician. In addition to the typical service/repair tools and equipment, I have all the fabrication and machine tool capacity (CNC) to build just about anything you can think of. If it's performance you seek, I have special training and knowledge in vehicle dynamics, suspension systems, NA & FI build and tuning and aerodynamics. I have stock ECU reverse engineering and reflash capabilities as well as standalone Engine Management Systems experience and tuning using an AWD dyno. I utilize advanced engineering and design techniques via CAD, CFD, 3d Scanner, CMM arm, and laser tracker, just to mention a few. I also have extensive program management skills to keep your project on time and on budget regardless of complexity. The only tool I need to complete my roster is a Leonardo, which I consider a necessity.

Since I already own 99% of the equipment and resources listed, I believe me and my team can bring your dream to life and/or service your valued asset for significantly less then any dealer or other independent with HIGHER quality. I'm retired, I don't need to make a killing! The rub, you need to be willing to drive out to gods country (inland empire) or have us transport your car to and back.

If there's interest, I'll start making plans to pull my equipment from storage and setup shop. If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]. Cheers, Mark.

2. dreamcarswest

dreamcarswest Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    Happy to give you some feedback Max, since I grew up in the IE (Hemet and Redlands) before leaving for L.A. I am actually spending an extended amount of time out here in the IE and if there is a solid shop to trust with Ferraris I don't know it.

As for how many owners? Hard to say. I am only one data point and I'm not here full time. I know there is a guy down the street from my mom with a 458. I have heard one of the execs at Loma Linda University hospital has a 328 he keeps hidden away.

The nearest shops I know are CNC in Ontario and Eugenio out near Glendora. Your biggest challenge, no matter how intelligent and competent you are, is if you don't have documentable experience and references from working on Ferraris it may be difficult to get business started. But hey, you gotta start sometime...

3. maxvonauto

maxvonauto Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2015
    Corona
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the advice. Yes, references are important considering the investment involved. Starting off small (oil changes, basic service, etc) to gain trust is a must.
    I'm a strong believer that communicating one-on-one with the customer to help them understand (to whatever technical level they can comprehend) not only the what's that needs to be done but the WHY's as well usually promote confidence. If given the chance, even the technically challenged customer can tell the difference between a BSer and someone that knows what they are talking about.
    My experience has been that knowing why trumps only knowing how. It's the old "give a man a fish . . . .teach him how to fish . . . " parable that rings true.
    A Ferrari is a special car no doubt. It's a total package of sight, sound, sensation, and exclusivity. However, the systems, manufacturing and operational constructs are not that much different from any modern car.
    On the other hand, relatively speaking the factory Ferrari documentation of said systems SUCKS from what I've seen so far. I'm sure that's intentional and makes it tougher on guys like me. To make it you gotta be smarter than the average bear that's for sure.

4. 575 Maranello

575 Maranello Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    I live in the IE and have a few cars. Really close to you MAXVONAUTO

5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    IE here. 15 minutes from Corona.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I used to help organize (and still on occasion) car meets here in the I.E. There are plenty of F car and Lambo owners out here.
    I'll probably set up another meet sometime in the next month or so and you can come meet and greet as well.

Sent from my 16M

7. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm 20 minutes south of Corona and would love to have a good shop that close.

8. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    #8 supratime, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    +1.. Would love a shop in Corona. Do not want to go to OC or LA all the time