Gated 612 for sale | FerrariChat

Gated 612 for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by rmani, Dec 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
  2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It's a beautiful machine, $175,000??

3. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Mileage?

4. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Wow, that dashboard is hurting and needs the $6K recovering...

23K miles. Nice car overall it seems.

5. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Looks like a decent car. Love the interior color. Agree with trygve11 that the dash really needs to be recovered.

6. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Appears to be a base car.

I also really like the red / black interior.

7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    175k seems low to me given the manual market hysteria at the moment but the 612 isnt quite as desirable as the 599 so who knows.

8. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Another black manual car ust sold this morning in the classified section- Wonder what he got?

I think 175 may be about right as one sold not too long ago at the Houston dealer and the ask was 170

The few I've seen available were around that price

9. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    The last manual 612 that sold went for around $170K, IIRC. It had much lower mileage, was a one owner car, and was in better condition. It sold quickly, though, so perhaps it was undersold...

10. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    Dash is mint minus the slightly wavy passenger airbag cover. The pic is making it look worse. I can have it recovered in no time.

Moe, read the dates on my other 612 car thread. It sold a while ago. :) I got waaaay over 170 for the first one. This is my second and nicer than the 1st in almost every way, other than the fact that it has 6k more miles. This car is almost concourse condition. And 21k miles trygve. Not 23. :)

11. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Very nice car. I had never seen this type of interior in a 612.

12. fcars

fcars Karting

May 10, 2014
    So Cal
    Yeah the future value of this car is somewhat impossible to predict. Historically the 2+2's V12s don't appreciate like the 2 seaters do. And a lot of people who have never seen the 612 in the flesh let alone been in one don't like it. IMO they look better in person than in pics. And once you get a chance to get a ride in one or drive one you see how nice they are. The motor is great and sounds more exotic than my 550's motor.

But what makes it so hard to predict what will happen to manual 612 values in the long run is how rare they are. If the manual 599 ends up becoming a 2 million dollar car in 20 years then maybe the manual 612 will be worth $500-750K.

Predicting the future is tough so if I had a car like this I would just enjoy having a modern V12 with a gated shifter and seating for 4. If it became super valuable in the future then great. If not then no big deal as it sure as hell isn't going to lose much value.

13. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Last sale I heard was $217k in CT... I wouldn't let mine go for less than $250k, anyhow it is not for sale... It might take forever but this car has big potential. It is the epitome of an era, simply the best 4 seater manual car you will ever be able to buy. And it has Ferrari pedigree and ages really nicely, well built with very few issues, trajectory control (this might sound silly but it is a HUGE point). And on top of everything is is rare by any standard (200 worldwide, <80 in USA). The only car that could replace it today is the FF but the FF will never have the aura of a manual 612...

14. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    Sci, what year and miles on yours? If you don't mind me asking.

15. Armen G.

Armen G. Karting

Jun 10, 2014
    Moscow Russia
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm planning to sell mine - but its euro spec - so I guess it will be interesting for Fchatters from Europe ) ...

16. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Trajectory control? Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

17. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    My gated 612 is my favorite car. I am still way underwater but it a car that may be unique due to color and options. Silverstone with black interior and charcoal straps and deviated stitching, HGTS, yellow tach and calipers. Only 6000mi! Only use it on the occasional weekend (I can drive year round in SF Bay Area).

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ricardo- He means stability control. Trajectory control is for PGMs and launch vehicles.

19. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    26k miles. I don't mind putting miles on it, that's what cars are for and they are very well built. Car is 10 years old, that's 2.5k miles a year, that's nothing...

Stability control, basically some sort of electric nanny to save your bacon one day...

20. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    sounds beautiful...if you are inclined, please start a thread with pics of that rare car!

21. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    I once started a 612 Gated picture thread and it turned into a discussion thread. Kinda hard not to I guess...

22. GATED6

GATED6 Rookie

Dec 13, 2015
    morgue whats the VIN on your 612 its sounds beautiful

23. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
  24. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What is the deal with the missing/broken lug nut? (Third rim pic) -

Erik

25. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    It's there. It is just a black lugnut in the pic. I have a new chrome one installed in its place now. Didn't have a chance to do that before the photographer showed up for those pics.