2016 CCR Schedule Confirmed | FerrariChat

2016 CCR Schedule Confirmed

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by CCRFoster, Dec 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CCRFoster

CCRFoster Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Foster
    #1 CCRFoster, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good Evening CCR Racers:

The 2016 Forza Tifosi Challenge Schedule is confirmed! Please see the attached release with more details. The confirmed events are:

Round #1-Sebring March 12-13, Sat-Sun.
    Round #2-VIR April 22-24, Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Round #3-Road Atlanta June 24-26, Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Round #4-Road America July 22-24, Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Round #5-Watkins Glen September 2-4, Fri-Sat-Sun.
    Round #6-COTA September 23-25, Sat Sun.

I look forward to meeting you all and helping make it a great season!

Joe Foster
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Great schedule! Exciting year ahead. Welcome to the series Joe!

3. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    Joe is a welcome addition to CCR. His vast experience is going to take CCR to the next level. I am sure that John/Yulia and all of the CCR drivers are excited to have him as part of "La Famiglia CCR"

One notable and welcome change to the 2016 schedule is the addition of a Friday test day for every race except Sebring. The format for Sebring will be 8hrs of open track Sat and Sun with David Murry Track days who runs a fantastic event for advance drivers only. Edge Addicts will host the Friday test day at COTA.

The additional seat time should add another level of safety to the series as drivers should be "dialed in" when it comes to race time.

Can wait for the season to start!!

4. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    We are all thrilled to have you Joe. You've really hit the ground running. I'm excited to dust my helmet off and head to the grid.

And a huge thank you to Micheal C, who has heloved Joe put together the best calendar we've had in 8 years. Really looking forward to the developments.

5. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    Joe,

Welcome to the group, we look forward to working with you in the coming season.

Let me know if you need anything from Team Pocono....

All the best and Happy Holidays,

Jim McGee - Pocono Sportscar

6. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #6 ProCoach, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    For those of you who don't know of Joe Foster, his Motorsports pedigree is superb. He is also a great resource, instructor and mentor of the highest order!

A trained engineer (Masters in Mechanical Engineering, GA Tech), his competition success in professional racing as Grand Am Koni Series co-Champion with Scott Maxwell of Multimatic and principal at Dempsey Racing, including racing at the 24 Hours du Mans and his team building (literally and figuratively) stands on its own and CCR will be FAR better for it.

I met Joe as the Track Chair for the 1999 Annual Meet at Road Atlanta, where he was the decade-long head of the Panoz School and Race Series.

Congrats, Joe! Great choice to kick it up!

7. CCRFoster

CCRFoster Rookie

Nov 23, 2015
    Suwanee, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Foster
    Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm very excited about this opportunity and am looking forward to seeing everyone at Sebring:)

8. Rothbauer_Racing

Rothbauer_Racing Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Röthbauer Racing GmbH
    Will there be a Track Event for non-race cars (DE) during the COTA CCR like they did a year or two ago? I remember in 2015 there was no DE only Challenge Racers.

9. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    Send Joe Foster a message. He will respond.

10. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    Unfortunately, there will not be a DE event at COTA 2016. CCR had partnered with Edge Addicts last year who ran a DE event on the Friday before the race weekend. This year the track time is divided up between 4 different race groups over the weekend. COTA is just brutally expensive without lots of partners.