Show Your Boat | Page 41 | FerrariChat

Show Your Boat

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 4RE886, Mar 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpospres

dpospres Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    #1001 dpospres, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    All awesome boats! :D

3. big ease

big ease Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Yes sir that is a bow thruster .

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1004 SFchallenge, Nov 15, 2015
    Laserblue likes this.
  5. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congrats!! Two beautiful boats!

I'm more a sailboat fan and love the beneteau... but that powerboat looks amazing - any more details? :)

6. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Congrats Jon; 2 sweet looking boats!
    Watch out for pirates though......

7. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1007 SFchallenge, Nov 16, 2015
    Thanks guys. I bought the powerboat few months ago & she's doing some upgrades now. She'll be used for the Andaman Sea area between Penang & Phuket doing island hoppings. She's a Davinci 35 & mine's hull number one. Here's the specs:

DaVinci 35

I love the Riva Aquarama as that's the first boat that I fell in love but they're not suitable in our area due to the weather so this is probably the next best option.

James, I hope the pirates are not attracted to us :p They're usually hitting the tankers to siphon oil and so far no report on hijacking of private yachts. Pray!

First two pics are in Singapore, we don't have crystal clear water here & that's the north-west bridge that links us to Malaysia, a heaven for supercar owners.

3rd pic is Phuket & those islands! James Bond island is among there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    Wow. Great looking boats. Keep us posted with some updates on your adventures.

9. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
  10. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    no pirates in thai waters ...

:)

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Both boats look very nice Jon, congrats mate.

Which Ferrari did you sell?

Cheers Pap

12. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #1012 junglistluder, Dec 2, 2015
  13. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #1013 junglistluder, Dec 2, 2015
  14. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    #1014 solofast, Dec 11, 2015
    Here are a few shots of my finished APBA runabout. This boat was the national champion in 1980 driven by Mike O'Brien in D mod and later by Larry McAffe. The boat was in sad shape when I got it and it took a couple of years to restore it to the way it was originally run. The boat is all mahogany and okoume plywood and spruce stringers. All up weight with me, fuel and motor is 515 lbs.. Instruments are a period correct tach and speedometer, steering wheel has adjustable drag and the deadman is a Keller, both the same as were on it when it was run originally. Paint scheme is the same as was run by Mike, I need to get the numbers and the name painted on, at the time it was raced as #34H.

Power head is a 44 cube Merc built to APBA stock class specs, blueprinted ports, overbored, carbon reeds and an aluminum flywheel. I'm making class weight so instead of ballast I've added electric start and a small battery. Power at the gearfoot is about 55. Tower and lower unit arre stock class quicksilver "D" parts from Merc 35ss that fit the later offset plug powerhead. Gear is 1:1 and there is no neutral or reverse, prop is a 12 pitch Dewald.

Fully loaded power to weight ratio is about the same as a 289 Shelby Cobra. The APBA D Stock Kilo straightaway speed record is right at 90 mph, At the end of the straights on a one mile oval this boat is seeing right at 80 mph...

Trailer is custom aluminum with a soft rate coil spring suspension so I don't beat the boat up going down the highway and can still keep the motor on the boat when on the road.. Still need to put a bottom skin on the trailer to keep road junk off the bottom. The trailer is set up so that the boat is below the back of the car keeping the aero drag to a minimum.

Boat will see some AOMCI meets and shows this season and some vintage racing.

peterp likes this.
  15. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Way cool solofast !!!

16. sigar

sigar F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    NorCal
  17. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    #1017 88Testarossa, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Single handed racing my red 33' Tartan 10 on right going upwind and winning the race. Donated the boat to make a wish foundation -- miss the boat now after buying the green Evelyn 32 (just donated that too, last Fall).

Looking for a go fast C or D class hydroplane now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Laserblue likes this.
  18. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    C's and D hydros are seriously fast boats, but runabouts aren't much slower.. Hydros are fun but it's hard to use them at anything other than a event were the lake is closed. Hitting large wake at speed in a C or D hydro can ruin your day or significantly shorten your life.. That's why I did the runabout... I also like the old "roll up" boats, the newer skid to turn boats are faster but it's just not the same.

The upside is that nice older obsolete race boats are ridiculously cheap and motors aren't too bad. Collectors are buying up the Mercury racing motors so a Merc D motor will cost between $3500 to $4k for a good one. The Yamato's are still raced for the most part and they are very reasonable. If you want a D Merc go get one now. They aren't going to get cheaper...

The biggest issue with my boat is the lower unit. It's a serious race piece and it requires a lot of attention. (water gets past the seals and the seals don't seal for crap, after every weekend of use you have to open it up, clean it up and regrease it). If you get a Yamato (C class motor) they don't require the attention that the D Quickie does.

I'd like to do the "Top of Michigan" marathon but I need some more time in the boat before I take that one on. "Kneeldown" outboard racing is a dying sport and rising prices of motors isn't helping it, which is too bad. In terms of bang for the buck, outboard racing is an order of magnitude less expensive than car racing of any kind.

19. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I recently bought a new 35 outrage which is very similar to yours what a great boat need to post some pictures .. I went to the factory while it was being built boston whalers as you know are very solid boats .. so far love the boat

20. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #1020 Jeanfrancois, Dec 19, 2015
  21. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My grandpa owned and raced a Tartan 10 many years ago. I have many photos of it and always wished I was around when he owned it. From the stories he told it sounded like a great boat.

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Very cool!

23. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    #1023 mikesufka, Dec 22, 2015
  24. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    The Allisons big brother is on post #986...

25. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    Cool boat! What is engine? Top speed?