Lexus LFA | FerrariChat

Lexus LFA

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by zvdxb, Oct 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hi ,

Am looking for an LFA ( low mileage ) black as preferred colour but will look at other colours except white. I have a Ferrari 308 GTB ( fiberglass ) or a Ferrari 550 to trade against . Both cars located in Canada . PM me pls.

Rgds

2. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Have you checked Lexus? Last (spring of this year) I heard there were still a few sitting in dealer showrooms.

3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    There was a yellow one in the showroom at Rohrman Lexus in Palatine Il. last time I was there.

4. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Lexus dealer in Escondito CA (near San Diego) had a black and white one a month ago...

5. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Thanks guys will check them out !

Rgds

6. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Problem is a Lexus dealer won't offer you much on trade on an old Ferrari for an ultra rare LFA. Be prepared for disappointment if you attempt a trade.

7. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Our Lexus dealer here in Omaha would probably let theirs go for the right price. Its a Nurburgring edition so theyll be asking the big bucks.

8. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    several for sale on the DuPont Registry right now.....

Lexus LFA For Sale

But, it looks like people are already trying to flip them for profit on the used market --- might get a better deal through a Dealership depending upon Lexus policy of actual sales price vs. MSRP ?

9. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    You will find that most (very) low mileage LFA's sitting at dealerships are property of dealer principals. Some are there for display/increased traffic but many are (always) for sale at the right price. A very small percentage has changed hands as used cars.

10. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Has anyone driven one before ? If so , thoughts ?

11. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Not particularly powerful not so great torque, horrible outside and inside.

No reasons.

12. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Crazy talk - Havent driven it (few people have) and if they claim they did, I would be skeptical. I had the pleasure to sit in one and it is a Beautiful car with a fantastic interior look - not the richest euro materials (not a Japanese thing to do so - look at an NSX) but well executed none the less.

If all these are bad...what's your baseline of comparison and expectation?

Style is subjective, but looking at an LFA next to a F12 or other two seater what's "horrible"...aventador, f12, etc all have the envouge sharp edge bat-mobile styling of the time period. Do you cast all these cars in the "horrible" bucket.

13. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    If you listen to the reviews, They mention the exact opposite ! It's suppose to be a spectacular drive ...

14. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    So... don't listen to the "haters"

I recently sold my 599GTO for an LFA. Now, for frame of reference, I drove my GTO around 3100 miles over 3.5 years. Many miles on the track. Car was fantastic and well put together. Nothing bad to say about the GTO. Only negative of the car is that it's a bit of a publicity hound.

I have not yet taken the LFA on the track. I will do so next year. But for now, I think it is every bit as good an automotive experience as the GTO.

Sound LFA + GTO ++

Handling LFA+ front mid engine layout feels a bit more nimble, plus the LFA has a huge weight advantage

Engine 115 HP/l vs 112 slight engineering nod to LFA
    Transmission tie
    Interior + LFA has more creature comforts, bluetooth, NAV
    Value + hard to argue about the 1/2 price experience but perhaps the GTO has better investment potential if that is a consideration.

I'll let you know about the track experience in the future.

Hope it helps.

15. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hey thanks for that insight ! You are actually the second person I know to trade in a GTO for an LFA ... :))

Cheers!

16. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    There is a yellow one available at Balise Lexus, West Springfield, MA.
    Saw it a couple of weeks ago at a show for collector cars, and the sales person said they were open to any reasonable offer. They had it on their showroom floor for a few years.
    Looked to be in excellent condition.

17. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    I agree with tmario. Don't listen to the haters. The LFA is a spectacular car. I had an LFA and GTO at the same time. I put 2500 miles on the GTO and have 5000 on the LFA. Still have the LFA but not the GTO. Now have an F12, FF and the LFA. I. think the LFA sounds better. LFA fit and finish is terrific. It is a technology masterpiece. Worth every penny. The transmission in the GTO is better IMO but I am not a track guy.

18. Dave1442397

Dave1442397 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  19. Striderg3

Striderg3 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 27, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Strider
    Would you be interested in a 2012 White LFA with delivery miles for $335k USD?

20. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Sent u a pm

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Typically open to reasonable offers and sitting on showroom floor for a few years do not go hand in hand

22. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    That LFA is not for sale. I called and talked to a salesman there. They are just using for display purposes only

23. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
  24. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
  25. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Has anyone ever seen a Pearl Blue LFA for sale in the US? They seem to be rare which surprised me given how nice the color looks.