308 GT4 Original Trunk Carpet | Page 12 | FerrariChat

308 GT4 Original Trunk Carpet

Discussion in '308/328' started by 2dinos, Dec 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car

John,

That is nice of you to offer your USA carpet and or templates to help the USA owners that I will be delivering

When Adrian confirms a shipping date to me I will contact you

Did you notice if you had the aluminum rear panel

Regards
    Al

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    #277 kiwiokie, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't have access to the car right now but I assume I have this panel as it looks like the following piece of carpet matches the shape.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car

Yes that is for a USA car 3 sections and held on with velcro on the two small sections to get to tail light bulbs easily

on Euro you would have to remove the masonite panel that is held on with very small screws on both ends

4. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Thanks! This looks quite different to the EU set (11 pieces), your US carpet has 16 pieces?

5. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #280 alhbln, Oct 5, 2015
    Quick update of the carpet list, grey entries show where i still need some feedback. Not all of you sent me your fchat nickname when you send an email, if so please let me know :)
    Any changes/corrections, please send me an email to [email protected]

Cheers,
    Adrian

6. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Yes 16 pieces. Everything is bigger in America.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Adrian,

You can mark me as a U.S. model.

Thank you.

Jack

8. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Adrian,
    I'm pretty sure I've already confirmed, but in order to bring your spreadsheet up to date, my car is a '74 Series 1 Euro spec.
    Thanks again,
    Paul

9. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Ok i would like to start setting up the pieces for shipping after the weekend, so if you are missing in the list please send me your details to the carpet email address this week.

I am also missing a decision (yes/no) from Fave, Aurum, greggbferrari, richardearl, Grahame, GavC and Depstein15, so would assume they are not interested if i don't get a heads up until end of the week.

Please also check the list again if i correctly entered the color and country for your piece of carpet.

Don't forget to add your fchat nickname in the email so i know what order you did.

Thanks and best,
    Adrian

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Adrian,

My car is US market type (not indicated on spread sheet in post #280).

Thanks.

Jack.

11. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #286 alhbln, Oct 9, 2015
  12. Grahame

Grahame Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Grahame
    Hi Adrian,

I have sent you an email with all the details for my carpet but just want to once again say thanks for everything.

Hi Al,

I have asked Adrian to ship to you for finishing. Trust this is ok. However, I am in Australia so can UPS or someone else also ship here? It does not need to come express or anything like that - it can come via slow boat as I am not in a big rush to receive. Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Grahame

13. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Grahame, thanks! Updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

Need your feedback if you still want a carpet:
    Fave, Aurum, greggbferrari, richardearl, GavC, Depstein15

Need additional infos such as your location/ship to Al?, car EU/US, carpet color:
    Patrick Dixon, dhalter, jkedino, JoeLo, kmgreg, docdozer, Yves, prober34, Andrew Smith

Sorry i i asked the same again, just want to make sure i got everything right…

Cheers,
    Adrian

14. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    For me: location UK (ship to me), car EU, colour Black/Blue.

15. docdozer

docdozer Karting

Jun 17, 2009
    Central Maine,
    Full Name:
    Charley
    Not good. I sent you an email with my information but it didn't come through.
    US car, Black Blue, sent to Maine USA.
    I'll PM you...

16. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Hi Adrian, this is Depstein15. I have a 1975 U.S. 308gt4, I need black/tan. Will send a PM with shipping info. Thank you so much. Don

17. PDB

PDB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Leicestershire, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Patrick,
    Whereabouts in the UK are you? I've asked Adrian to send the carpet directly to me (UK) and it may be easier (and cheaper) to send both carpets together if we're not too far apart. I'm in Leicestershire.
    Do you have someone in mind to cut and trim the carpets as again, it may make sense to use the same trimmer if practical.
    Regards,
    Paul

18. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Paul, I'm also in UK, near Reading. My brother lives near Peterborough so I am there every now and then, or he here, and that is not so far from you. I've been recommended a trimmer near me by the paintshop I recently used but I haven't yet spoken to them. The three of us should compare notes.

19. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I'm near Bristol but happy to collaborate if at all possible, I'll pm you both an email address.

I delivered my car to the paint shop near Buckingham yesterday and after repaint it's going on to the trimmer in Milton Keynes where it will sit in line until the spring. I was planning to give him the carpet roll and leave him to get on with it.

20. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    If you all get together for the UK shipping you make my life even simpler ;-)

21. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Patrick, I go to Glos reasonably regularly so that could work. Buckingham and MK are only an hour away so that is also good, and that should only be an hour for Paul.Happy to use your trimmer is the price is OK. I am interested in getting the carpet in the driver compartment replaced as well - but all depends on price.

22. Grahame

Grahame Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Grahame
    #297 Grahame, Oct 11, 2015
    Hi Adrian, Hi Al,

I have discovered a problem that may change where I have to get the carpets finished - either by Al as currently planned or else here in Sydney. Here is the thing...

I just had a careful look at my original carpets in the trunk. I see that the large floor piece is a very bad fit, and some of the little side pieces in the edges don't fit too well, either. The floor piece is not wide enough by more than 2 centimetres so that there is bare floor showing on both the right and the left of over 1 cm each side (see photos). I don't know why this is but I can only think of 3 possible reasons...

1) The carpet has always been a horrible fit since the day it left Maranello
    2) The carpet has shrunk over the years, but this does not seem very likely as the edging seems to be normal, not buckled up by being pulled as the carpet shrank
    3) The trunk floor itself is now 2cm wider. This is maybe possible following significant rear end body repair necessitated by an unfortunate and unexpected parking incident into a wall on a track day when talent, adhesion and options all ran out at the same time! :(

So today I am getting opinions from my local Ferrari guru and his trimmer. If the problem is clearly either 1) or 2), then Al, you are definitely the man to finish the carpets. But if it turns out that I have a trunk that is not true, then it would probably be better to get the carpet here so that the pieces can be custom cut and made to fit this quirky trunk.

I just hate the idea of having all this beautiful new carpet not fitting properly - that would be a tragedy. So the bottom line, Adrian, is please don't ship my carpet to Al until we know the answer. I'll get back to you as soon as I know, hopefully today.

Cheers,

Grahame

23. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Yes, lets exchange emails and work something out. What colour is your interior carpet?

24. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    IMHO the fitting is correct. The metal has to be painted satinblack and has to be seen near the carpet. Absolut correct on the pictures. I have never seen another fitting, Grahame.

25. _Yves_

_Yves_ Karting

Oct 5, 2008
    Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Yves Dumoulin
    Hi Adrian,
    my car is an EU one, and the shipment will be to France.
    Shipping address in PM
    many thanks for all the awesome work!
    Yves