Looking For -Non Metric Wheels for a 82 QV Coup | FerrariChat

Looking For -Non Metric Wheels for a 82 QV Coup

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Roward7, Oct 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello All,
    Looking to purchase some Non Metric Wheels for my 82 QV Coup, have been suggested to go with what “Superformance” sell on their Mondial page, but once you convert to Aust Dollars and the cost of freight from UK to Australia it gets a bit pricey, so thought might ask here if anybody has any leads on any for sale or any other options for converting away from my original Metrics?? (I have enough tread on the TRX's for a few months but want to be ready to change over once the rubber is gone) I know there are so many different pics of Mondials with diff wheel options, But I would like to keep as close to original style as possible… So anyone who might have some for sale please Message me.

Cheers,
    Rob.

2. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Perhaps check with Ferrari Breakers? I think that the 86 and newer Mondials were offered with a choice of Metric or Non-Metric wheels. Perhaps a breaker has a set of wheels you could purchase?

Sid

3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    For a set (4 wheels) you will pay around 2500 USD if not more these days. This is without tires, center pieces and bolts. Make no mistake, a set OEM bolts are twice the amount. Yes, you read it correct.. it's insane :)

IMHO I think if you want the same style wheels keep the metric ones and by the new TRX tires. It will take you two sets when you are on break even. I guess that is 10 years drive new shoes for your Mondi. anyway these are my thoughts. It took me a year to find OEM wheels that were reasonable priced, luckily they are radials, but without bolts. However, if they were metric I would take them too.

4. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    I went with later used Mondial 3.2 wheels. Original bolts work too.

5. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    #5 raf456, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mondail 3.2 wheels are probably your best choice - same bolts, same offset, etc. However, I could not find any for my car so I bought a set of 16" 308 wheels. These need shorter bolts (35mm) for the rear but can use the original bolts for the front. Offset is a bit different and increases the track by about 2". Car rides and handles just fine with high performance Bridgestone tires.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Roward7

Roward7 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the thoughts and input Lads,
    Yes "MvT" it might be a plan to run with TRX for a couple of sets as it would take 2 sets to break even with cost of new wheels as you say... crazy prices I know LOL..
    "raf456" I do really like your 308 wheels they do look good on her, she is a great nice colour also :)
    I will keep looking and maybe also check some of the wrecking yards... never know your luck....
    Cheers,
    Rob.

7. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    I've got a set of non-TRX wheels....not sure if they are from a 3.2 or earlier. If you are interested I'll send you a picture later this week.

8. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Someone will be happy :) FYI only 3.2 style and up came with non-metrics (TRX)

9. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    I found that because my car lacks power steering the 205/55 x 16 front tires made the car easier to park etc. than the original TRX tires which are wider. Handling and ride were fine.

10. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    I may be wrong (I usually am!); however, I believe the QV could be had with or without TRX wheels?

11. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I have two rear and one front 360 starfish rims OR git ya sum 360 modulars. They are way cool

12. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    #12 srephwed, Oct 6, 2015
  13. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #13 Alden, Oct 6, 2015
    360 Starfish rims look great, really update the look of the car without looking "aftermarket" and you can get a set for $600-1000.
    Alden

14. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    #14 dfranzen, Oct 6, 2015
  15. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I'm afraid only the TRX ones Bill, but it could be yours was fitted the 3.2 at some time :)
    Part# 117272 Tyre Rim (speedline) - Use on Exhaustion of 118147 & 111637
    Ooh I like these! Same style as Gotties, which was an option for some Mondials in the US and 308s. However, these are more refined!

16. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #16 MvT, Oct 7, 2015
    These look great in black Metallic. If not painted on a 360 I find them too common and fit the Mondial better! Not sure if black will fit the Mondi. This 360 if from a fchat friend.

17. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
  18. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'll be changing my wheels at some point. Why not go for 18" rims? If you're going to change them ...

Jeff

19. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Try to park in London or anywhere without power steering when putting on that size ;) I changed from 17" to 16" as I got crazy when parking in and around Amsterdam. Btw there is an aftermarket power steering set available for the Mondial 8,QV and 3.2 though :D