LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 10 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Not so sure I believe the "reporter" aka desperate freelancer with a camera looking for his 15 mins - not to mention he visited the house 2 days later.

Sounds a bit contrived, don't you think? How convenient that he didn't get that on camera...

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    This is a well funded NHRA team, a powerhouse.

3. Sebas90

Sebas90 Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Garcia
    I saw this on the internet. This is crazy I really dont appreciate people that dont take care of such a piece of art like the Laferrari

4. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Doubt it.

Plenty of kings taken down. Plenty of monied people with far greater domestic power, also taken down.

When embarrassment starts going around, politically prudent thing is to cover for yourself.

People are only "above the law" so long as it isn't recorded, documented, or proven. Once the stuff hits the fan, a Qatari prince or anyone up that chain, isn't politically powerful in this country.

Qatar is a tiny, tiny nation, no military power, and only strategic power is for stability purposes around oil. No major political goodwill between our countries given their positions on a whole range of issues (well, one issue in particular that we are all aware of). The entire country's GDP is less than half of some of our biggest company's GDP... if you want to think about financial power.

We shouldn't be overstating these clowns' power... indeed their egos seem to have gotten the better of them and they were forced to scatter when the heat started bearing down on them.

As for being a major partner with other big name U.S. investors in projects... another source of potential embarrassment for those investors for any association.

5. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  6. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
  7. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    Really!!!!!

This just shows how ill informed you are of the women driving situation in the Arab world.

Women are only not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia not Qatar. Other countries such as UAE, kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan..... and basically the rest of the Arab world allow women to drive.

And please do not say its because they are beneath men thats just pure trash talk without knowing the real reason behind that law in Saudi Arabia.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Which is...?

9. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    lol. good one

10. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    Clearly shows your ignorance. I wont explain the law to you since the case here is not about women driving, especially when the man responsibile here is not from the same country where that law is enforced.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is more than obvious that I am ignorant. That's the reason I asked you. So, either you don't care to elaborate or you don't know. I would be very interested to be informed of the reasoning behind that law though.

12. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    The answer is utter nonsense, I'm sure.

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Seems to me you can't explain.

But maybe you should try to explain why tens (hundredths?) of thousands of workers from for example India and Pakistan, the people who build all those fancy buildings, are being "legally" exploited as 20th century slaves (low wages if at all, long working houres, passports taken away, terrible housing and medical conditions, people dying at work etc.) by the same nations you've just mentioned ??

Not even mentioning the workers in households who get fysically, mentally, financially and sexually abused.

While at the same time the Dubai'an/Qatari Police force is driving around Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. just to show off ??

Try to explain that.

14. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
  15. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    Yes they drive in expensive cars to show off no crime in that like you drive your ferrari to show off. The italians did it before dubai no one complained. Jealous??

And no one is forced to work for low wage, they came here accepting this situation and its the way it is.

Then again you are just jumping around stereotyping an entire culture for the wrong doing of an individual.

16. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
  17. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
  18. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

These types of individuals have been kicked out of the U.K and France, it's time we do the same.

19. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

We have our own problems here in the US as well. I'm in violent agreement. However, they do give "royalty" a bad rep.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

20. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Of course it is not just one bad apple. We all know that it is a pattern....

21. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    #247 piratepress, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'll bet that quite a few gentlemen are thankful that the cars were not shipped to London.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

23. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    They've got many v similar in multiple locations here, e.g. v large garage at Dudley House.

24. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    just wonder how rich they need to be to be able to pull this off? also there was that red laferrari along with that white/blue veyron+p1 cruising around the world even before these guys were here. wonder if these two crews are related. ha