Are there any 458 owners that upgraded to an Aventador? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Are there any 458 owners that upgraded to an Aventador?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by acpi, May 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I reckon that the SV will be a monster. Get it if you can...

2. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    check my post on the previous page, I answered your question at length.

Edit here it is

3. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    Phil you're trying to ice skate up hill when you try to argue Ferrari & Lambo are =. Or that Lamborghini is better. Or that Ferrari peddles and markets to the same crowd Lamborghini does.

Ice skating up hill.

4. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    So people who have owned both are what, exactly?

I never implied Lamborghini is better. Lamborghini is better at some things, Ferrari at others. And modern cars wise, I would say yes they are equal on a whole.

I am finished. It was a good discussion.

Acpi, let us know when you get your new ride!

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #130 noone1, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    1. Ferrari doesn't sell that many more cars than Lamborghini when you consider it has 4 models vs 2 at Lamborghini. In 2014, Lamborghini sold about 2500 cars, and that's before the Huracan was officially available. On average that's 1250 per model. Ferrari is only selling about 1750 per model. I'd bet 458/Huracan ratio is around 2:1.

2. You vastly overestimate how much the average Ferrari owner knows or cares about cars or brand history. I like Ferrari and I honestly don't know anything at all about Ferrari history and I couldn't work on a car to save my life. And honestly, I don't give a **** about either. I also find racing to be the most boring sport in the world. I like cool looking cars and that's about it. Design is 1000x more important than the history, and anyone can deliver the performance and engineering these days.

News flash: Ferrari sells a huge amount of cars in mainland China, and their first dealership opened only as recently as like 10 years ago. It's pretty obvious that the buyers in China know nothing of the brand history and very little about the cars themselves. How could they? 20 years ago Shanghai was filled with bicycles and the dealership is in what was more or less a swamp LOL.

3. Who cares where something is manufactured? Besides, I'm pretty sure all Ferrari transmissions are actually made by Getrag, a German company.

4. I have bespoke suits made in China. The tailor is Chinese, the company originally from Hong Kong, and the fabrics from anywhere in the world you'd like. Far better than anything you can get at a flagship fashion store in Italy.

5. Quit being a snob. You really don't even know what you're talking about and Ferrari is laughing all the way to the bank with how well their marketing team has brainwashed you.

6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are Italian's of superior in intellect to Germans or something? Does Lamborghini employ too many minorities? LOL.

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    At this grade of car, I don't think there's an upgrading or downgrading. I think we change from time to time and try different cars and some keep a variety of cars. I'm not a Maclaren or a Lambo fan but I wouldn't call either a downgrade.

8. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I don't know where you get your demographic information but I think it is wrong and sounds more like a stereotype. I recently saw an interview with the owner of the largest Lamborghini dealer in the country. He said most of his cars are being sold to people who's first language is not English. I know rappers and ball players don't have the best vocabulary. But last time I checked English was their first language.

9. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Obviously I don't really care where it's made. My understanding is the spider top is made in Germany. Free trade means we consumers get to buy what WE think is the best value for our money. If somebody likes Lambos, so be it. I am just glad we have a CHOICE!

And i suspect Lambo owners are car guys and will fight to keep regs such that cars are fun to own and drive. So we probably have more in common than your average Prius owner. Lambo owners and Fcar owners should be friends.

Best

10. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
  11. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Excellent video :)

12. Evoblade

Evoblade Rookie

Feb 21, 2014
    Reading UK
    I have a 2014 Aventador and a 2015 Speciale.

The Speciale is the best car, ever.

The Aventador is the best event ever. I love them both as they are different to each other in every way. I do drive both to work.

They are about as practical as each other IMHO

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari are already half way there, they don't make their own transmissions, they only tune the software on it! So applying your logic, Ferrari is halfway ****ed already.

Ferrari hasn't made the chassis for the Enzo and IIRC neither for the F50 and LaF.

Point being, Ferrari isn't a better company because it produces more cars. If that was the measurement for how good a car is, Volkswagen would shatter Ferrari into oblivion.

It's obvious you don't like Lamborghini, bashing it with pointless and sometimes wrong facts doesn't make your argument stronger. Just makes you look like one of those people that shows up at events in a Ferrari hat, shirt, trousers, socks and shoes.

Do it! It looks absolutely awesome. Only thing I didn't like where the wire wheels.

14. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
  15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I've driven both - drove the Aventador everyday for a week. The Aventador is not a poser car, and it is most definitely an upgrade from the 458.

16. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    You're right it is...
    http://youtu.be/cp-KRcEpQEM

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Nice. I don't care for the Aventador, but its purely based on looks and I've heard the car is a beast!

18. FerrariFire

FerrariFire Rookie

Mar 16, 2015
    #143 FerrariFire, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Some great comments here and some very comical.

Neither one is either lower or higher than the other.

Both are superb machines.

19. BigChief

BigChief Rookie

Jan 15, 2014
    I guess that's were the new Corvette Stingray comes in. People secretly want to try one, but don't want no one to find out or admit they liked it. lol

20. abdulla.alhajri

abdulla.alhajri Karting

Jul 16, 2015
    You have mentioned your entire garage here which makes your answer a bit confusing

21. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    I was going to get the new Aventador SV but there's not enough head and leg room. I would only consider it as an additional car, not a replacement for the 458. A friend had his SV delivered this week...in the Rosa Bia color. Looks awesome.

22. gt2urbo

gt2urbo Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    LA
    i was thinking about trading my speciale in for a red SV but they wanted 100k over sticker or 250k over my speciale XD. driven a regular AV pretty hard and it's just not as nimble as the Ferrari

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Which car did you end up getting ? :)

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Speciale will retain better resale IMO

25. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    Aventandor looks amazing both inside and outside.