LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 9 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I think the reason the Muslim woman can't drive is they are considered beneath the men. Otherwise they are treated like second class citizens. That's a real shame in 2015.

2. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    As a father one of my greatest fears is someone driving carelessly and harming my child, especially around my house. I don't think anyone in the right mind would defend the actions of the yellow LaF driver from the "ME", or heck for that matter the many drivers participating in rallies like gumball, gold rush etc. which endanger the public. although the latter with little to no backlash in contrast to what took place in the OP.

Having seen some of the responses in thread imply punishments varying from being shot by thugs, playing real life call of duty, deportation and physical harm to being assaulted in jail, with such pride no less.

IMO what took place there was reckless driving and street racing. does reckless driving or street racing merit the abovementioned consequences or should it?

3. Ferrari Now & Forever

Jun 16, 2015
    Arab, black white, Christian Jew Muslim it doesn't matter. This is what happens when an arrogant ******* with enough money to use as toilet paper loses respect for anyone or anything.

This ass clown should never be allowed back in the US, Ferrari & Porsche should never sell another car to that family or particular persons.

4. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I agree 100 percent with you. The only problem is Ferrari or Porsche will sell to anyone with money. Those companies have no scruples. It's all about the green.

5. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

Or, Ferrari could set a precedent with a lifetime ban and state publicly that they will not sell directly to the (insert derogatory term here) or provide spare parts to him.

That just might send a clear signal that they want to protect the public, their brand and image. They could turn this incident into a positive media event - on an international scale. I think most F owners would be supportive of the ban.

Sent via itty bitty electrons

6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Unfortunately i can't disagree with you. Some thigs 'hurts'..

7. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Look at the situation another way ... he probably had the impression they were talking arabic for less than innocent reasons (bad mouthing, whatever). Sometimes we can get that vibe and I know it happens all the time, abusing a situation where one party cannot understand another's language. You can sometimes pick this up from body language or other cues.

The end result / response, even if the request to speak english was in fact rude, does suggest that their intent wasn't necessarily benign to begin with and that these weren't friendly folk. If they were, they would have responded in a civil manner like "Excuse us but we are more comfortable speaking in our language privately and this is none of your business" and not aggressively.

Sometimes the end result is telling and communication is heavily non verbal so I suspect this was not as black/white as some suggest.

8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I agree with you. When jerks like this do this kind of thing I feel it diminishes the brand and me indirectly.

9. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    If someone runs a stop sign in a Toyota Camry, does it diminish Toyota or Toyota customers? Why is it different with a LaF? Because it's so noticeable and rare? I think it just reflects poorly on him, not on Ferrari and not on other Ferrari owners. I never bought into the BMW drivers stereotype and for me, it was never about any other Ferrari or F-car driver when I saw this video. Not even for a split second.

The guy is a prick, no doubt.

10. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    These guys ran the stop sign at highway speed, if pedestrian was crossing the street at the time, can't imagine what would have happened.
    By the way, anybody knows what is the exhaust of the Beetle in that video?

11. alfred1976

alfred1976 Karting
    BANNED

Mar 26, 2015
    #211 alfred1976, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    No doubt. But it not only reflects poorly on this jerk, unfortunately it reflects poorly on all of us. People will associate the behavior with the brand and all owners of such cars.

13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    A car manufacturer is not in a position to JUDGE anyone's behaviour; not legally nor ethically.

14. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sure they are - they don't have to sell you a car if they don't like you or they think you will reflect poorly on the brand. They don't have to service your car either.

Ferrari threatened to stop service on any LaF drivers that submitted their cars to top gear for their on track test.

Ferrari issued a cease and desist to deadmau5 regarding his "purrari".

Lexus hand picked all the LFA owners.

...more examples out there I'm sure.

15. mah_hai

mah_hai Karting

Jan 29, 2009
    Canada

16. bmagni

bmagni Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    There are jerks wearing limited edition Pateks with wife's carrying Birkins, lovers wearing Dior, driving Ferraris, spending a night in whatever suite is expensive enough for them, and eating out in the best places while drinking Champagne. And I don't mean jerks like someone who thinks he's above the rest cause of his money, I mean dictator-level jerks.

None of those brands care who they sell to, probably the hotel and restaurant could reserve the right of admitting them. They're a business which means making money, not caring about how much of an ******* is the person who buys their products.

It's the money (and power) that makes jerks, if you're not one of them, then good for you, don't worry about what people that don't know you might think about you cause you drive that car or wear that brand.

17. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Sounds like iPE to me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdd3HisTOQ[/ame]

18. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Your probably right.

"We can't sell you a 458 because you reflect poorly on the brand; you drive like a nut. Sorry."

Just don't give it in writing to the potential (persistent) customer ;-)

Servicing ?

Ferrari threats are not the law.

If someone bought a LaFerrari and Ferrari would deny service just because they handed the car out. I think the owner has a case against Ferrari; first of all given all the tech only Ferrari could service it. Secondly to meet warranty(!!) obligations I can only go to Ferrari, so they are obliged to service it.

Ferrari would have a difficult case in court.

That was a case of deadmouse invading trademark rights, different subject.

Ferrari handpicked so many etc...

Limited production cars; not quite the same subject either.

19. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You don't think it happens? I've personally worked for a large telecom company where we "fired" a customer because they were total ******bags.

We aren't talking about the law. We are talking about whether a company will sell you something.

Depends on the country. You certainly are not damaged beyond the value of the car. Ferrari could simply offer to buy it back for what you paid for it. Done.

Really? You think Ferrari will sell him their next flagship supercar if he wants it? They won't.

It's the exact subject actually.

LFA total production: 500
    LaFerrari total production: 499

20. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I understand it similarly. I would have told them to get the eff out of my dealership too.

21. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #221 GregD, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I noticed there was no mention of the idea to have Porsche deny sales..just Ferrari.

The solution isn't about Ferrari or Porsche denying them cars. Its about the DOT and Customs denying the importation of their vehicles to the U.S. in the future.

DOT should confiscate the balance of the vehicles that were brought in by the same entity and advise they need to be on the next cargo ship or whatever out of here.

There are a good 4-5 of these sitting in the rear valet zone and in front of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel all year long. See below...Yesterday evening.

I doubt they are reprimanding this guy..He was probably leaving the country anyways and wanted to drive his cars before leaving.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler

IIRC Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani was a partner/major investor in this project (9900 Wilshire). Given his status as the former Prime Minister of Qatar, he could park a 747 in infront and BHPD would do nothing but shine it's wheels all day long.

23. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

"Money talks and B.S. walks"

24. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    9900 Wilshire is a different project and I think they are a Chinese development group and the Athens group who developed the montage hotel/condo..

The Beverly Wilshire Hotel/Four Seasons is owned by Gates, Kingdom Mngt, and Sharpe.

No one should be above the law.

25. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio