Loose badge on wing | FerrariChat

Loose badge on wing

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by PeterMercedes, Sep 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterMercedes

PeterMercedes Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The Pinninfarina badge at the bottom of the front wing on the passenger side (UK) of my newly acquired 400i is very loose. I can see it has two legs/pins into the wing but also appears to have some adhesive tape behind it. Does anyone know how these badges are fixed?
    Does something attach to the pins of the badge on the inside of the wing or are these just for location and the badge stuck on? If the former, how does one gain access to it?
    Thanks for any help and advice.

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Peter
    I had one loose one and one tight one so I looked at the tight one. I believe there are little clips that go onto the pins before they are inserted. they are kind of V-shaped and make up for an variation in hole size, called slop. Available? Of course not, that I know of. Your PO use the expediency of some tape on back; I think some tape on pin and push into hole might be more lasting.
    Ken

3. PeterMercedes

PeterMercedes Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ken, thank you for that information. At the moment masking tape is helping holding it in place as it does not easily seem to want to come off. Do you know if one takes off the side panel in the footwell whether one gains access to the inside of the wing where the badge is located?
    Thanks, Peter

4. squidmark

squidmark Karting

Sep 11, 2011
    Oxford
    Full Name:
    Howard Dent
    Hi Peter,
    The only access as far as I remember from doing my own is from the engine bay, and you would really need to remove the heater box or employ a mouse as a technician :)
    Tape is probably your best bet unless you plan a major strip down!
    Howard.