Lime Rock Vintage Festival attendance? | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Vintage Festival attendance?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 57Wayne, Aug 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    I am planning to go to Lime Rock at least on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend for the show, and meet Marc as he will be showing a car. I usually try to go Friday to watch a little racing also. Not sure if the 412 will be ready to go yet, but if anyone else will be there, I'd enjoy meeting you.

2. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    Well, I went to Lime Rock with the 412, and parked down on the track with the "Gathering of the Marques". Met a couple from the Ferrari Club of New England, and luckily, met Marc on his way out as he was driving. Very quick intro, problem solved discussion and farewell.
    Ride down and back, about 90 miles each way, was easy enough. No idea if the fuel gauge is telling me how much Benzina I truly have. Really nice day. I will say, I am going to have to do something different with the exhaust though. Right now, at idle, it sounds like a 6 cyl 1968 Mustang with a loud exhaust (that my brother used to own). Much nicer at speed...different thread.
    Received several comments on the car; it was the only 400/412 there. Ferrari club comments were that there are not too many that come to the shows any more. Maybe next year we can change that. Sunday of Labor Day weekend; plan on it! It costs no more to park on the track than in the lot, and you can buy tickets in advance for a significant discount, up to one week before the show. I didn't even have to ask about parking in the "Gathering of the Marques"; I got waved over to the track entrance whether I intended to go that way or not!

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    A few years ago Chuck Queener and I were regulars at Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan with our 400i 5 speeds. It was kind of cool knowing that probably 5% of the 5 speeds in the country were regulars there and lived in adjacent towns. Marc brought the 412 at least twice but I'm not sure it was ever when both of our cars were there.

I displayed my 400i twice at the Greenwich Concours but I only have seen another 400i there 3 times in the past 17 years.

I met Jay (Full Garage), who sold his 400i but kept his 412, at this year's Tutto Italiano at Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline, but he had brought his pristine 308GT4 instead.

Sightings of our cars are pretty rare these days!

4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Looking over old emails moments ago, I checked the link to a Hagerty one which included an article to the most recent outing for this event last month. Who's car is it, third one from the lower left (in black)?

Image Unavailable, Please Login