The FXX K Thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

The FXX K Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by MisterMaranello, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I got a few laps at the end of the day once #Racewife had put 160km of track time on the FXX-K. Short report:

Brakes: check. Slightly better than on the 599XX, which is to say, insane if you're used to street grip. Easy to feel ABS actuation and to keep the car on the limit of adhesion.
    Cornering: check. The FXXK is more neutral than the 458 Challenge; it doesn't like being trail-braked into low speed corners and prefers a bit of maintenance throttle starting midcorner. VERY communicative, you can always tell what the front tires are doing and the chassis is settled and comfortable. Corner exit is of course all about managing traction, but the car really puts down the power well. You can feel the aero effect in mid-speed corners on up.
    Motor: good god. Picture a 458 Challenge EVO, and then double it. Midrange is insane, top end is insane, sound is insane. I'm in love.

One of the best things about the FXXK is its integration of electronics like side-slip control. The computer lets you get enough power to the rears to get them to take a slip angle exiting the corner, and eventually to step out, but it doesn't happen suddenly and it lets you explore throttle application on a >1000HP car without horrific consequences. As such it's a great driver confidence booster, and lets you learn how to apply the car's massive power without dying in the process.

Overall the FXX-K is the friendliest track car I've ever driven. That shouldn't be the case for a 1039HP downforce car on slicks, but it is. Ferrari has done some black magic here.

2. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Matt - we'll be there with both the 599XX and the FXX-K, and we have run groups for both cars each day. I would recommend Saturday or Sunday since Friday we're all learning the track. And I would recommend letting the weather decide between those two days.

3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    I'll be there with "just" the K....

Let the weather decide? Does it rain in anew Orleans? Well if it does the K in the wet will be very interesting!!!!

4. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Is NOLA going to be open to the public?

I'd really like to go and take some pictures and video :)

5. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

Ferrari.com has event details and links for purchasing tickets AFAIK.

6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Interesting and scary!

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Thanks guys...it's a pretty nice track if you ask me but then again I have never been around the world racing. As for the weather I can tell you it could be hot and humid but October has some nice weather down here. Rain is always a possibility but it can disappear just as fast as it showed up. Fingers crossed for good weather.

8. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Fingers crossed it is then!!

9. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Next 2 days Spa! Looking forward to my trip on Wednesday.

Gr. Martin

10. luke_buzz

luke_buzz Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Luke Burrows
    New FXX K at Spa today! No. 76, chassis number unknown.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. luke_buzz

luke_buzz Rookie

Jan 20, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Luke Burrows
    Scratch that, two new FXX K 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yup ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Hopefully Schmee will be posting up some videos on his Youtube channel soon. I'm sure you guys have fun out there. How many FXXK's showed up?

14. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Apperently 6 of them. #13, #15, #23, #61, #69 and #75.

15. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    hummm...silver on white looks pretty tacky. i wish to see a single color fxxk without any livery.

16. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    #995 enzo360, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    thanks for the photos
    my wishful thinking is that #13 could lose its mcdonald color scheme and have the hood vent painted in red too, or #23 have the red roof, but yea so far, #23 is my favorite of all the red ones. #61 reminds of some nike basketball shoes...
    still though, #27 is my favorite one so far, but i do look forward to see the all matte black fxxk if the rumored photo while ago was real, and i can live with the pink lines on that.

18. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    interesting that #10 was the launch car with red paint on it. do you know if it's resprayed in pearl white or a completely different car than the first one?

it is the best looking white one so far.

19. BALH

BALH Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Henrik Hedman
    Completely different car………

20. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    i vaguely recalled the white one was yours right balh?

so there are two #10 fxxks?