Picture of my Ferrari I took today | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Picture of my Ferrari I took today

Discussion in '348/355' started by Shootfighter65, Aug 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Sucks. .aybe the kid can ride along when you get it repaired? Give him a little fathering that he isn't getting at this point. Maybe the mom will ok it?

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    What kinda of a messages is that?!?!

"Hey kid, you can scratch up my FERRARI, not get punished, not have your mom pay for anything, no repercussions at all for anything, I have to fix it on my own dime, and you get a ride to the ice cream shop afterwards in the Ferrari you scratched, that you damaged, and you get off scott free".

Sorry, but I seriously disagree with that. Very bad idea, and bad message sent.

The kinda of parenting he needs is a butt warming.

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I agree with you. That child learned at home. I dealt with 100's in my business area just like this one. They live on hate and envy. Generation after generation.

4. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No, I wouldn't think so. I had a little hell getting the new top stretched into place but being that you're just pulling then putting back your already fit top it should be pretty easy and straight forward.

5. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I was wondering how long it would take someone to say that, and it wasn't even a lawyer. LOL

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    The parents home owners liability insurance should cover this.

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Randy -

Yours is a red Spider, right? Was it parked in downtown Charleston near Carmella's bakery this weekend? Maybe about a block down?

8. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    Possibly I don't know where Carmella bakery is. You live North Carolina correct?

9. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    In a perfect world yes

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Do you know for a fact that the parent is on assistance/doesn't have any insurance? Apparently they could afford a bike for the kid. The police refused to write a report because it was not intentional? That's BS. I'd shoot off a letter to the Police department and file a complaint about that too. It cost you nothing but postage to initiate a small claims suit. If it seems frivolous you don't have to proceed past that stage. I would not for a moment let this go without exhausting what ever recourse I had. But it you car, right? :)

11. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My colleague Aaron was in Charleston last weekend and spotted your car.

12. Fast mustang

Fast mustang Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Island lake Il
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Just Sounds like the cop was doing what they do best be lazy and not do what they are paid to do no surprise

13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You guys are so intent on going for blood after the boy and mom.. I can tell you right now you're wasting time going after baby mommy. She ain't got no money. What are you expecting to happen? She's suddenly going to find the money to pay for a few hundred bucks? The cop knows the neighborhood.. and I can tell you they don't have $50 to their name. You think she bought that kid the bike? Often they're passed down or given as a charity. That flat screen TV, yeah they're paying $10/month to keep it in the home. There is no savings. All you'll do by pushing mommy further with one more bill in collections (yeah take a number) is further push them into more crime. They just don't have it. Normally no-fault insurance kicks in here (for a reason why its mandatory!).. but for good reasons OP wants it taken care out of pocket. You can't fix stupid and you can't squeeze water from a stone. As for home insurance.. he rent's bubba. They ain't owns no home. And you don't know how behind she is in that. Ya'll need to work with poor southern folk to really understand where the cop was coming from.

14. jerenterprises

jerenterprises Karting

Mar 13, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Joshua Reed
    I agree with everyone here.. I say go after the family. Even IF you dont get anything out of them (which in reality you should OWN that child or parent until the bill is paid) and even IF you don't get any gratification it teaches them through the drama and he hoops that they would have to jump through that with irresponsibility comes consequences.

Accident or not, he did it. Its the liberal punishment system that allows trains and enables these little turds to do whatever they want without recourse. He should be painting your house, cutting your grass and watering your shrubs for however long it takes $5 per hour to pay off the repairs. After a month of sweating in your yard while his friends are playing, he will think twice about being careless around a nice car again I guarantee.

15. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #40 bundas, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Radiation

Radiation Karting

Mar 5, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I don't know about you fellas, but if I was that age and did something like that, momma would have made sure my arse was red for a month. Unfortunate situations happen all the time, but a good realization will make sure that little one doesn't find himself in a similar situation again.

17. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Yes this is a situation of both ethics and what seems, emotions. If it were my f355 i would be simply mortified. Emotion 1st. Id want to kill the guy that did this. Then find out it was a 6yo and then what really can you do... Fact is id have to fix it pure and simple. It is a pain but the reality is it needs to be fixed. I know it doesnt matter what sort of car it is, it should never happen, but it does, just as that stray stone breaks your original windscreen... Life only has highs because of the lows. Good luck with the repair mate. Im sure the car will look stunning when its back with you and had a coat of wax.

18. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    #43 8500rpm, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At a modestly sized fundraising event this morning. Too bad I couldn't go on their cruise as well...

(Event graciously hosted by Crescent Cup / ROWW.org)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login