Mondials For Sale | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porchnut

porchnut Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2014
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bober
    love the prancing horse projection on the floor from under the door sill. Does anyone know of an available source for this feature?

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Congratulations and welcome to FerrariChat. That's an intriguing car to say the least.

Is the interior really chocolate brown as the photos indicate? If yes, I can only imagine how awesome that looks in person.

Enjoy!

3. nurlabys

nurlabys Rookie

Aug 24, 2015
    Yes! The color combination is what grabbed me. White over chocolate brown, something I have never seen before.

The engine bay was not concours-level clean, no. But it wasn't as bad as the photos looked either. I'm sure they cleaned it up a bit before I got there. I'll be sure to share pictures and impressions when the car arrives (likely a couple weeks).

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Congrats that looks to be a stunning coupe love the color combo! Can't wait to see more pictures of it.

5. ferrariguyma

ferrariguyma Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of Mondials (pardon the pun)

Coupe's are rare congrats!

6. ferrariguyma

ferrariguyma Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If you ever tire of the chocolate brown interior I have a Brown/Tan 3.2 coupe with a very nice interior. I would be happy to swap interiors!

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #157 Alden, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ebay, shipped from China.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Sale-DIY-Car-Welcome-Ghost-Courtesy-Door-Step-LED-Light-Shadow-Logo-Lamp-/351373035588?var=&hash=item51cf770844

You have to drill out the bottom of the door about 3/4" with a small hole saw supplied with the kit and wire them into the puddle lights.

I think they have wireless types now too.

I have them on my Jag.

They are kind of like having an expensive automatic watch, nice enough, but no one ever notices unless you point it out to them, lol!

I guess if I was more of a "playa" and out at night more often, that might be different!
    Alden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
  9. FCnew

FCnew Formula Junior

May 5, 2015
    Hong Kong / Canada
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    This is a good deal.
    The a/c can be fixed. The ABS light is no big problem.

10. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
  11. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  12. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #162 Wade, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    I've seen that one up for sale a few times. ZFFRK33A1M0089947 http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144078966-post25.html

Ooo... and this one again. :)

ZFFFC33A4K0081757

Cars for Sale: 1989 Ferrari Mondial T Cabriolet in Campbell, CA 95008: Convertible Details - 377687475 - Autotrader

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142402279-post89.html

13. Milkyboy

Milkyboy Karting

Jun 23, 2015
    It certainly looked a lot better to my eye before the bling. I thought about this one briefly, I do like the colour combo. It didn't make reserve on ebay a short while ago. No record of it having a major and i was left wondering why someone would change mirrors, rims and rear lights without damage, other than what i can only describe as a taste aberration. Also I didn't have a clue what it would cost to get it back to stock.

14. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    I had a talk with the seller and he could not comment on the "black beauty's" major .. apparently the owner is kaput. I think it is worth $30K no more now that summer is almost over and the stock market is shaky. 348's are not exactly the most desirable models and a non-original 348 is about as marketable as a salvaged 348. Same with the alligator/ostrich special recently on ebay which stalled out at $40K ... I doubt the buyer would have come thru with the money and they want $69K for the car offline. That one might be worth $40K to the right buyer, ie a poser or a woman who likes ostrich skin. But these fashionistas don't go for 90s cars.

15. Milkyboy

Milkyboy Karting

Jun 23, 2015
    quite russ. The version i got was that the recently deceased owner was a stickler re maintenance and that the servicing was done by the local ferrari dealer... who would surely have done a major if it needed one. The limited paper trail suggested the last owner took it in whenever it broke down and at some point did a minor. Now, who's to say if that was because it didn't need a major, or he just didn't want to pay for one. I guess that's a leap of faith.

16. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    If I remember well a discussion with Competizione on that topic, it's a more or less $5,000 problem.

17. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  18. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Really don't like red interiors at all .. reminds me of 70s vinyl. Black is better or tan with black accents best. Cream not bad.

19. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #169 Wade, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Wade, I think this is the second time this car has shown up on E-Bay. She is "Overdue" for her major. If I remember correctly, the owner said that it was 10+years out. Last time she bid to $28,500 and was no sale. This time it looks like she's no reserve.

21. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Liking what I'm seeing here. If normal maintenance issues cost less than out of the ordinary "repair" issues, this could be a very cool purchase.

We'll be watching this one - - BTW, this car is listed in the "Ferrari World" serial numbers manual.

Cheers,

Hank

22. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Could be but ebay always sends me Mondials :) Not sure how I could have missed this one. The VIN doesn't come up here or anywhere else on the internet other than this current listing.

23. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, definitely worth a closer look!

24. 123howie

123howie F1 World Champ

Jul 3, 2014
    El Segundo CA
    Full Name:
    Howie
    No reserve, call the owner, 5 bids now, and 34k miles.

25. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    The black/black/black/black cabriolet in LV is "SOLD PENDING" the usual. I'm with you Wade, I don't think this Oregon car has come up for sale before, at least not on Ebay. "Selling for a friend" sounds kinda dubious to me, in other words don't commit to anything in writing on Ebay!