More TR on the big screen baby!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

More TR on the big screen baby!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Bradwilliams, Feb 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    The funny thing…

I see the exclusivity of 'ownership' conversation pushed around a bit.

However, any d*bag can own a Ferrari, and many do, irrespective of talent elsewhere, the only requirement is: money.

I personally know a prominent member of the Ferrari scene here on F Chat who did just that.

Passion for the brand isn't necessary.
    Driving well isn't either. Having raced in SCCA or anywhere else? Naaah.
    Knowing who Phil Hill is not relevant either.
    Or what disease Dino died of.

Same with Harley Motorcycles.

If you want to live out the ""dream"", any fool can step up, lay down the cash and instant credibility, or so they think? Perhaps.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

My relationship with the car/brand is different and no better than anyone else's.

2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hey guys,

Im on the road with the people/actors who made 'Straight out of Compton'. We are doing a promo / advanced screening of the movie in select cities across the USA. Everybody is super nice. When I first saw the trailer months ago, I thought they used CGI to make Ice Cube look younger. Nope....its his son. Total doppelganger down to the raised eyebrow.

They could be twins. Both are stand up folks and everyone on the plane is having a blast.

I would have had my white TR waiting by the plane during departure but......that would have meant leaving it uncovered for a week while I was out having fun.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Have fun! Let us know how it turns out. I hope they do the story justice, and not just glamorize everything. Are they coming to chicago?

4. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    We did Chicago on Monday, it was the first stop on the trip.

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Dr. Dre's white TR got a little screen time. Some shots of it in the parking lot of Death Row records and the infamous chase scene.

Its going to win an Oscar for something. Screenplay, supporting actor..... great movie. They did it right.

We saw it in a packed theater. The energy in the crowd was epic.

6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Just saw it this afternoon. Great acting all around and a good movie. The guys who played Heller and Eazy-E did a great job IMO. Car seen was short and inacurrate (he got all the way to his house) downtown all the way to Woodland hills. Great angles and engine noise though. I was overall pleased :)

7. heel&toe

heel&toe Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 29, 2015
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Alex J
    Interesting to note that the movie "Straight out of Compton" cannot be viewed in the city of Compton, as there are NO movie theaters in Compton.