599 SA Aperta is for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599 SA Aperta is for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by rmb221, Aug 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluev12

bluev12 Rookie

Nov 3, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tom Hartley Jnr has just completed the sale of the dark blue RHD Aperta, for a 'new world record price'.....

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

You should get on this site more often. There are some very smart; very accomplished; very capable on this site. It is one of the most intelligent group of people with whom I associate.

Let me start by saying this . . . whatever I tell you is something I actually do. I will not suggest something I am unwilling to do. I say this because I have been wrong about the key to all of this--interest rates. I have written often that I thought that interest rates would rise, but they have not. At least not significantly. There is a reason for this and I will get to it in a minute.

One thing that I could not have predicted was the extent of the government bailout in 2008/9. I had a large sum of cash raised and ready to spend--all based on a crash in asset prices. I thought--silly me--that the banks would be forced to liquidate positions as values fell. I had no freaking clue that this government would deem some banks too big to fail, and then provide a government bailout.

I had no clue that this government would abandon the bankruptcy laws and make senior secured creditors subordinate their security interests to unsecured union pension plans. (Auto companies) Obama completely suspended the laws on that one. How does one even contemplate that the government would do this?!?

For as long as economics has been studied, I had no clue that our government would find a way to have a direct influence on the LONG end of the yield curve. I had no clue the government would issue short term debt and them buy long treasuries--operating TWIST, with the express intention to keep long term interest rates artificially low.

Oh well, fool me once . . .

In our cash reserves/accounts, for the past 6 years, we have been buying the on-the-run 2 year treasuries. At one year into the investment, we sell that note and buy then next on-the-run issue. This is purely defensive. Keeping cash and making a modest yield.

Back to the question . . . $18 trillion of debt and somehow artificially holding (government shenanigans?); over $200T of unfunded liabilities; state governments in turmoil; labor participation rate at an all time low; Greece, Cyprus, China and others creating stress; and with corporate earnings starting to plateau . . . seems a little risky right now.

One and one more thing . . . for those technical analysts of the stock market--google the death cross--50 and 200 day moving averages just crossed in the wrong direction.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    That was quick!
    Please can you tell us what is the world record price?
    Ps I like your user name Mark, I have had 4 Blue V12 Ferrari so far.

4. 9779

9779 Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Norman, Ok
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Change the color of the dash and the interior is great.

5. bluev12

bluev12 Rookie

Nov 3, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was indeed quick - from memory this was certainly the 2nd and, if I'm not mistaken, the 3rd Aperta that he has sold within the last 12 months!

I don't know the world record price - those were his words rather than mine (hence the inverted commas); I gathered the info from both his Twitter page and his website - not sure about the final price, but £1m (plus or minus a small amount) would be my guess.

Thanks for the PS - Blue is my favourite colour